• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] The INFP Appreciation Thread

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This thread is not going where it should.

...Much like INFPs.

:thinking:

Why's that, I thought I helped take the thread to a whole new level of down to earth. :D

Oh yeah and the banter after is great too.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If all of the INFP posts were weeded out of that thread & this one, I suspect both threads may rather humble in size.... If you removed ENFP posts, then outright small. If you removed the "I like INFPs, BUT" posts, then pathetically small non-existent.

Fixed.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so. I witnessed an INFP find lasting true love at first sight, it was really something to behold. :heart:

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so. I witnessed an INFP find lasting true love at first sight, it was really something to behold. :heart:

Hmm, love at first sight? Well I did kinda swoon for my BF and it was a love at first sight I guess. :wubbie:

Fecal McAngry

To be fair, here are some of my favorite very cool INFPs:

jon_stewart_narrowweb__300x44521.jpg
Jon Stewart is not an INFP, of course. I take it this is a joke?

Fecal McAngry

I could potentially see ENFP, but I think his ability to entertain others is very rehearsed...it doesn't seem to come naturally.

There's no way in hell he's a T though. He's got quite a bit of Fi...look at his crusades against people he considers dishonest, the way he'll invite them onto his show and publicly skewer them for their poor morality/lack of integrity. He's definitely an NFP.

Nope, not an ENFP either.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You know that thing where we can tell if some one is worth the effort within five minutes of meeting them...and we aren't usually wrong (I should record myself more often...a friend dug up a video tape where I said all this stuff after I met a mutual friend of ours, I was drunk at the time other wise I don't think I would have said it, but damn, we all had hairs up the back of necks after watching that. I've known that person now maybe two, three years now.) Any way, the fallin' in love at first sight thing is maybe a function of that...except it can be kinda deceptive, however I kinda pick friends from first sight too.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

To be fair, non INFPs did start these threads....however, they would have probably quickly died off if not for the INFPs chiming in.

I have never had such an experience. It's rather unusual for me to like someone immediately. I tend to withhold judgment on anyone until I've gathered enough info. I have liked someone very quickly, but love? No.

I don't believe in love at first sight basically... I have a feeling people label an experience "love at first sight" in retrospect - if it had not worked out, then it would have just been another encounter with an attractive person that went nowhere.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could say they are good for things, but no matter what I say, I'd have someone tell me I don't understand the MBTI or know what INFPs are.

I'll keep it undeniable and say that I appreciate them for being one of the 16 permutations necessary to make the MBTI a complete set.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so.

If I connect with someone at all, it's almost always an intense connection. Either that or not at all, which is usually what happens :D. But that's only friendship/initial attractions. For love, for me, that's not possible. I don't believe in the idea. Love grows; love comes from really knowing the other person; love requires giving a part of yourself to another person; love means having shared certain moments and obstacles; love means trust; love requires time. How do you do that in five seconds? :shock: I agree that people who claim 'love at first sight' is doing it in retrospect. I can really, really like a person within seconds, but love, nope. But everyone has a different definition of love.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be fair, non INFPs did start these threads....however, they would have probably quickly died off if not for the INFPs chiming in.

Do you think this is because the INFPs keep insisting they dont deserve it? INFPs are so afraid of being arrogant--and thus impure--they shoot down people who give them compliments!

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so.

Actually not for me. I only really fell one time in love, and she actually was even annoying to me in the beginning before. I needed some good time to actually get to know her better and realizing her intentions etc.; however I already noticed basically on first look that she is somehow... different.

When I think about that, with my best friend it wasn't different either, he was annoying me as well in the first years (!) at school and that way I didn't bother to get to know him better; later I noticed how similar we are in many aspects (he is ISFP). Actually funny.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never had such an experience. It's rather unusual for me to like someone immediately. I tend to withhold judgment on anyone until I've gathered enough info. I have liked someone very quickly, but love? No.

I don't believe in love at first sight basically... I have a feeling people label an experience "love at first sight" in retrospect - if it had not worked out, then it would have just been another encounter with an attractive person that went nowhere.

I have to agree with OrangeAppled here.

I too withhold judgement until I feel I have received enough information about them and have gotten the time to evaluate how do I feel about it? Does this look like it could last? Is it working out for me? Is it best for me to stay? Am I being honest with myself and them? Kind of questions. Can't rush this process so sometimes I feel I get cheated out on being understood. I don't know if other INFPs can relate to that or not.

I don't like the idea of love at first sight it's only the rush you get when meet someone at the immediate moment nothing significant. Actually have grown weary of any "love at first sight" vibes I may get as I just don't trust them.

Love I think imho is a very hard thing for an INFP in how the expectations are of what to do in relationships and stuff. Some seem to move to fast, that freaks me out. I can't rush processing everything like that :shock:. And it can be alot to think over too heh.

I was told by a close friend that there was this couple that after 6 months got married :shock:. To me that's moving to fast unless that's how it is when you've found real love? I just don't like to rush the process. Part of the process also is what are they after/intention? What are there reasons for beginning a relationship? All sorts of questions that pop up as the need appears.

:yes: Speaking the truth Rebe. How do you do that? I certaintly do not listen to love at first sight vibes as imho they only serve to confuse me heh.

I notice how my thinking gets clouded in the "infatuation" stage so I really make a notice to make sure I step back and don't rush in foolishly as to check in honestly with myself.

And oh how bad I'd love to be able to give into the feeling but I know it only would be based on an illusion. Further evaluation/more info required and time to reflect on it.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would you agree that INFPs as a type, could be also be characterized as intense and deep? I would say passionate and deep, from my experiences. But also the word intense to describe a person doesn't have such a great connotation in my mind.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@ Vasilisa: Passionate (not in the Tom Cruise jumping on the sofa way though) and deep sounds flattering, but who (type or individual) would describe themselves as apathetic and shallow?

Do you think this is because the INFPs keep insisting they dont deserve it? INFPs are so afraid of being arrogant--and thus impure--they shoot down people who give them compliments!

Don´t know what you are talking about:whistling:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good points. I could see some types maybe valuing impassivity in themselves, but I might be completely off base.
But likely no one believes themselves shallow, you're right.