User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    INFPs are my ideal of a friend. Even before I knew about MBTI, my idealized version of a good, close friend pretty much mirrored the INFP descriptions...mostly quiet, deep, sensitive, funny, eccentric, accepting. In fact, I think it's because I like them so much that I almost mistyped myself as one (at least I think, I could still be lucky enough to be one).

Unfortunately I don't know any INFPs currently , though I think I might have known a couple in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    Me too. INFP was my ideal friend even before I knew about MBTI. Luckily I have two pretty close to me. It isn't the most fluid friendship because I feel like I have to figure them out, but it is definitely one of the most rewarding.
    That's strange. . . because my ideal friend happened to be INTPs who would balance me out when I became too emotional and make me laugh with the most random comments ever.

Interesting

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    INFPs and INFJs are very different.
    Yes and no. On many levels they can complement each other rather well. I seriously wish I was in a better mood to describe how this is true in the way I interact with heart. It's literally amazing how much we share the same kind of interests and views, but approach them from different perspectives. Seriously, I can't even describe it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am probably quite cynical for a INFP, sometimes I question the good of humanity, though I understand how subjective morality can be. My views can be flighty at times, depending on the circumstances. At this point in my life I value direction the most. I must realize that circumstances can be just as important as the people within them.
    4w5=6 RLUEI

I want to resurrect this thread to let INFPs on here know that I appreciate them. I wish I knew more in my life. Let me extol your virtues. What wonderful friends INFPs make! In my experience INFPs are creative and kind and considerate. They aren't afraid to be quirky and have fascinating interests, hobbies and skills. They are crafty and make thoughtful gestures. I see they have charitable spirits. They have beautiful ideals for which they are willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. They seem more able to just let go and be. They seem in touch with sexuality and spirituality in a magical way. Don't let anyone or any attitudes convince you your type is inferior.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

*likes this thread and feels loved*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I am weird and clumsy and philosophical and I like it!

I don't have any close infp friends so I can't say personally what other infps' traits are, only my own.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    agreed

I don't see much of a similarity at all actually.

INFJs are sometimes mistaken for NTs because of the way they think. INFPs are typically a lot more sensitive.

INFP is the sweet innocent dreamy type.
    INFJ is more enigmatic and perfectionistic.

that's my perception of them anyway.
    I'll take all the INFP lovin' I can get. Agree with description, but I would add the old axiom, "still waters run deep" We are funny though, I have to say. My best friend is an INFJ and we are different in exactly the way you describe. Peguy has it about right, I think.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I want to resurrect this thread to let INFPs on here know that I appreciate them. I wish I knew more in my life. Let me extol your virtues. What wonderful friends INFPs make! In my experience INFPs are creative and kind and considerate. They aren't afraid to be quirky and have fascinating interests, hobbies and skills. They are crafty and make thoughtful gestures. I see they have charitable spirits. They have beautiful ideals for which they are willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. They seem more able to just let go and be. They seem in touch with sexuality and spirituality in a magical way. Don't let anyone or any attitudes convince you your type is inferior.
    Oh, thank you for this!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

INFJs are sometimes mistaken for NTs because of the way they think. INFPs are typically a lot more sensitive.

INFP is the sweet innocent dreamy type.
    INFJ is more enigmatic and perfectionistic.
    Disagree. I hate those three words for infps. :steam: We are not unconditionally sweet/innocent/dreamy. We are just as critical as the NTs and an inner perfectionist. I hate that damn stereotype. We look out for people we care about, people who have proved themselves to us, no more than the other NFs. We don't do cruel things, no more than other idealists. We are no more innocent than the next type; maybe when we were younger but most children are innocent. We are no more dreamy than the other N types who see alternative visions.

MBTI
    ISFJ

INFPs are psychopaths with lots of anger inside.