User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so. I witnessed an INFP find lasting true love at first sight, it was really something to behold.
    You know that thing where we can tell if some one is worth the effort within five minutes of meeting them...and we aren't usually wrong (I should record myself more often...a friend dug up a video tape where I said all this stuff after I met a mutual friend of ours, I was drunk at the time other wise I don't think I would have said it, but damn, we all had hairs up the back of necks after watching that. I've known that person now maybe two, three years now.) Any way, the fallin' in love at first sight thing is maybe a function of that...except it can be kinda deceptive, however I kinda pick friends from first sight too.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Fixed.
    To be fair, non INFPs did start these threads....however, they would have probably quickly died off if not for the INFPs chiming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so. I witnessed an INFP find lasting true love at first sight, it was really something to behold.
    I have never had such an experience. It's rather unusual for me to like someone immediately. I tend to withhold judgment on anyone until I've gathered enough info. I have liked someone very quickly, but love? No.

I don't believe in love at first sight basically... I have a feeling people label an experience "love at first sight" in retrospect - if it had not worked out, then it would have just been another encounter with an attractive person that went nowhere.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I could say they are good for things, but no matter what I say, I'd have someone tell me I don't understand the MBTI or know what INFPs are.

I'll keep it undeniable and say that I appreciate them for being one of the 16 permutations necessary to make the MBTI a complete set.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so.
    If I connect with someone at all, it's almost always an intense connection. Either that or not at all, which is usually what happens . But that's only friendship/initial attractions. For love, for me, that's not possible. I don't believe in the idea. Love grows; love comes from really knowing the other person; love requires giving a part of yourself to another person; love means having shared certain moments and obstacles; love means trust; love requires time. How do you do that in five seconds? I agree that people who claim 'love at first sight' is doing it in retrospect. I can really, really like a person within seconds, but love, nope. But everyone has a different definition of love.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    To be fair, non INFPs did start these threads....however, they would have probably quickly died off if not for the INFPs chiming in.
    Do you think this is because the INFPs keep insisting they dont deserve it? INFPs are so afraid of being arrogant--and thus impure--they shoot down people who give them compliments!
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Is there any evidence to support that INFPs have more love-at-first-sight experiences than others? And by "evidence" I only mean your personal stories and experiences or ideas on this. That would be a really neat INFP bonus, were it so.
    Actually not for me. I only really fell one time in love, and she actually was even annoying to me in the beginning before. I needed some good time to actually get to know her better and realizing her intentions etc.; however I already noticed basically on first look that she is somehow... different.

When I think about that, with my best friend it wasn't different either, he was annoying me as well in the first years (!) at school and that way I didn't bother to get to know him better; later I noticed how similar we are in many aspects (he is ISFP). Actually funny.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I have never had such an experience. It's rather unusual for me to like someone immediately. I tend to withhold judgment on anyone until I've gathered enough info. I have liked someone very quickly, but love? No.

I don't believe in love at first sight basically... I have a feeling people label an experience "love at first sight" in retrospect - if it had not worked out, then it would have just been another encounter with an attractive person that went nowhere.
    I have to agree with OrangeAppled here.

I too withhold judgement until I feel I have received enough information about them and have gotten the time to evaluate how do I feel about it? Does this look like it could last? Is it working out for me? Is it best for me to stay? Am I being honest with myself and them? Kind of questions. Can't rush this process so sometimes I feel I get cheated out on being understood. I don't know if other INFPs can relate to that or not.

I don't like the idea of love at first sight it's only the rush you get when meet someone at the immediate moment nothing significant. Actually have grown weary of any "love at first sight" vibes I may get as I just don't trust them.

Love I think imho is a very hard thing for an INFP in how the expectations are of what to do in relationships and stuff. Some seem to move to fast, that freaks me out. I can't rush processing everything like that . And it can be alot to think over too heh.

I was told by a close friend that there was this couple that after 6 months got married . To me that's moving to fast unless that's how it is when you've found real love? I just don't like to rush the process. Part of the process also is what are they after/intention? What are there reasons for beginning a relationship? All sorts of questions that pop up as the need appears.

Speaking the truth Rebe. How do you do that? I certaintly do not listen to love at first sight vibes as imho they only serve to confuse me heh.

I notice how my thinking gets clouded in the "infatuation" stage so I really make a notice to make sure I step back and don't rush in foolishly as to check in honestly with myself.

And oh how bad I'd love to be able to give into the feeling but I know it only would be based on an illusion. Further evaluation/more info required and time to reflect on it.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Would you agree that INFPs as a type, could be also be characterized as intense and deep? I would say passionate and deep, from my experiences. But also the word intense to describe a person doesn't have such a great connotation in my mind.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@ Vasilisa: Passionate (not in the Tom Cruise jumping on the sofa way though) and deep sounds flattering, but who (type or individual) would describe themselves as apathetic and shallow?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Do you think this is because the INFPs keep insisting they dont deserve it? INFPs are so afraid of being arrogant--and thus impure--they shoot down people who give them compliments!
    Don´t know what you are talking about
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Good points. I could see some types maybe valuing impassivity in themselves, but I might be completely off base.
    But likely no one believes themselves shallow, you're right.