User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default How do I get to the dating phase with an ENFP?

This girl, I met a week or so ago by chance. We had some mutual friends, and I knew of her, but then we finally ended up talking just recently. Since then, we've been hanging out and talking back and forth. We ended up having sex a few days ago, which BTW, was some of the greatest sex I've ever had.

I believe she is an ENFP, but I can't type her positively.

Anyway. I like her and want to see more of her. Not saying I necessarily want to date her, but how do I go about upcoming interactions with her in a way that the ENFP would be most happy to see, and would work best to my advantage. And if things keep going good, what is the best way to get to the dating phase with her?

She seems to have taken an immediate attraction to me and in some ways acts like we've been together for months already.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

her ne probably likes your ne and knows where you're coming from and that's why that comfort is there...i've felt that. it's an odd thing.

you're blunt...she's probably blunt. just talk to her....good luck.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

compliment her in a very vague Ne type of way, works well with me when it comes to girls.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

vague ne compliments are great.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    compliment her in a very vague Ne type of way, works well with me when it comes to girls.
    How would that work?

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Interesting!

I'm an ENFP who just started dating an ENTP. We have the same absolutely combustive physical connection that you're talking about, and I adore him so far.

He won me over with his wit, his frenetic energy and his confidence. Also, his Ne compliments, which are fantastically bizarre. For instance, last night he told me that my plain ole brown eyes were transition eyes. He said that their color conveys a transient stage, like a teabag just as it hits the water. Not clear, but not as dark as it will become. How's that for an abstract connection?

It could easily creeped me out, but it was so obvious that the compliment wasn't premeditated, or even intended as a compliment. It just popped into his head and thus right out of his mouth. I love that. Frankness and flair!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by boondocked View Post
    Interesting!

I'm an ENFP who just started dating an ENTP. We have the same absolutely combustive physical connection that you're talking about, and I adore him so far.

He won me over with his wit, his frenetic energy and his confidence. Also, his Ne compliments, which are fantastically bizarre. For instance, last night he told me that my plain ole brown eyes were transition eyes. He said that their color conveys a transient stage, like a teabag just as it hits the water. Not clear, but not as dark as it will become. How's that for an abstract connection?

It could easily creeped me out, but it was so obvious that the compliment wasn't premeditated, or even intended as a compliment. It just popped into his head and thus right out of his mouth. I love that. Frankness and flair!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    This girl, I met a week or so ago by chance. We had some mutual friends, and I knew of her, but then we finally ended up talking just recently. Since then, we've been hanging out and talking back and forth. We ended up having sex a few days ago, which BTW, was some of the greatest sex I've ever had.

I believe she is an ENFP, but I can't type her positively.

Anyway. I like her and want to see more of her. Not saying I necessarily want to date her, but how do I go about upcoming interactions with her in a way that the ENFP would be most happy to see, and would work best to my advantage. And if things keep going good, what is the best way to get to the dating phase with her?

She seems to have taken an immediate attraction to me and in some ways acts like we've been together for months already.
    You guys are already hanging out and having sex? Just point out you'd like to spend more time with her and see where it goes!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    How would that work?
    compliment her personality in an off hand way. dont say "I LIKE YOUR PERSONALITY" but mention something specifically attractive about her personality
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    compliment her personality in an off hand way. dont say "I LIKE YOUR PERSONALITY" but mention something specifically attractive about her personality
    Even better: Say it in the Vague Ne Compliment fashion!

I have no idea how to do this since I use Ni.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.