• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How do I get to the dating phase with an ENFP?

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
This girl, I met a week or so ago by chance. We had some mutual friends, and I knew of her, but then we finally ended up talking just recently. Since then, we've been hanging out and talking back and forth. We ended up having sex a few days ago, which BTW, was some of the greatest sex I've ever had.

I believe she is an ENFP, but I can't type her positively.

Anyway. I like her and want to see more of her. Not saying I necessarily want to date her, but how do I go about upcoming interactions with her in a way that the ENFP would be most happy to see, and would work best to my advantage. And if things keep going good, what is the best way to get to the dating phase with her?

She seems to have taken an immediate attraction to me and in some ways acts like we've been together for months already.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
her ne probably likes your ne and knows where you're coming from and that's why that comfort is there...i've felt that. it's an odd thing.

you're blunt...she's probably blunt. just talk to her....good luck. :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
compliment her in a very vague Ne type of way, works well with me when it comes to girls.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
vague ne compliments are great. :D

boondocked

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting!

I'm an ENFP who just started dating an ENTP. We have the same absolutely combustive physical connection that you're talking about, and I adore him so far.

He won me over with his wit, his frenetic energy and his confidence. Also, his Ne compliments, which are fantastically bizarre. For instance, last night he told me that my plain ole brown eyes were transition eyes. He said that their color conveys a transient stage, like a teabag just as it hits the water. Not clear, but not as dark as it will become. How's that for an abstract connection?

It could easily creeped me out, but it was so obvious that the compliment wasn't premeditated, or even intended as a compliment. It just popped into his head and thus right out of his mouth. I love that. Frankness and flair!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting!

I'm an ENFP who just started dating an ENTP. We have the same absolutely combustive physical connection that you're talking about, and I adore him so far.

He won me over with his wit, his frenetic energy and his confidence. Also, his Ne compliments, which are fantastically bizarre. For instance, last night he told me that my plain ole brown eyes were transition eyes. He said that their color conveys a transient stage, like a teabag just as it hits the water. Not clear, but not as dark as it will become. How's that for an abstract connection?

It could easily creeped me out, but it was so obvious that the compliment wasn't premeditated, or even intended as a compliment. It just popped into his head and thus right out of his mouth. I love that. Frankness and flair!

:smile:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
This girl, I met a week or so ago by chance. We had some mutual friends, and I knew of her, but then we finally ended up talking just recently. Since then, we've been hanging out and talking back and forth. We ended up having sex a few days ago, which BTW, was some of the greatest sex I've ever had.

I believe she is an ENFP, but I can't type her positively.

Anyway. I like her and want to see more of her. Not saying I necessarily want to date her, but how do I go about upcoming interactions with her in a way that the ENFP would be most happy to see, and would work best to my advantage. And if things keep going good, what is the best way to get to the dating phase with her?

She seems to have taken an immediate attraction to me and in some ways acts like we've been together for months already.

You guys are already hanging out and having sex? Just point out you'd like to spend more time with her and see where it goes!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
compliment her personality in an off hand way. dont say "I LIKE YOUR PERSONALITY" but mention something specifically attractive about her personality

Even better: Say it in the Vague Ne Compliment fashion!

I have no idea how to do this since I use Ni.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Ne is good at communicating with each other. Just ask her your questions and be prepared to answer her questions.

You'll be fine. ENFPs and ENTPs speak the same language. They think in different ways, but their Ne works that shit out.

vague ne compliments are great. :D

Hey, Erin my Ne vaguely thinks you're hot.:newwink:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne is good at communicating with each other. Just ask her your questions and be prepared to answer her questions.

You'll be fine. ENFPs and ENTPs speak the same language. They think in different ways, but their Ne works that shit out.

Hey, Erin my Ne vaguely thinks you're hot.:newwink:

oh damn the vagueness of that is too much.

th_b55c65b4.gif

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
I'm an ENFP... What piques, captures, and sustains my interest is someone who can engage in playful witty banter with me, the more flair, confidence, and mystique - the better! Kind of a verbal sparring if you will... That and I like my brain picked - questions are good... very good... But questions about IDEAS, not concrete stuff like is Costco having a sale this weekend. Good luck! Oh yeah and ummmmm - you slept together - that says SOMETHING!

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ

Added note: Proceed with SOME caution... ENFPs tend to naturally have this effect on people... They are extremely skilled, masters if you will, at creating a sense of "rapport" with anyone and everyone.

That being said, she IS having sex with you. Good sign.