User Tag List

View Poll Results: whats the general nature of people...NT perspective

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • people are all good, they just have some bad habits and tendencies

24 58.54%
  • people have bad intentions to begin with. they wont be nice unless its rewarded

17 41.46%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

people will do what gets them the greatest benefit= behavioral psychology 101

Self-rewarding behavior will always win out, no matter if it is viewed morally right or wrong. (yes, even for the morally righteous. It just means the temptation wasn't as rewarding as the feeling of self-praise you get from resisting it)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

geez... lets get on the same page with contemporary philosophy already.... why keeps asking these same old questions with a pre-defined answers in the questions?

why has to start from the two extremes then move towards the center? why not start from the center then move towards either of the extremes?
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

On the contrary, I think it's very possible to be bad yet unselfish. Evil loves company; where else do henchmen come from after all? Evil gets lonely and then it recruits, and shares the fruits of its evil generously...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Mentally ill people are frequently considered "evil" or bad. Is that any more true than the general populace being "bad"?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Mentally ill people are frequently considered "evil" or bad
    you mean, considered bad, by psychopaths (i mean common people) who have no insight, and therefore deny and project the possibility that something about their own minds could be imperfect or even just mortal?

i had a girlfriend who was epileptic and ashamed about it. very sad. i always was rebellious about this stuff. never was ashamed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

The human race, as a whole, is neither bad nor good. Aside from all outside catalysts, we aren't bad or good. We simply are.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    you mean, considered bad, by psychopaths (i mean common people) who have no insight, and therefore deny and project the possibility that something about their own minds could be imperfect or even just mortal?
    Charles Manson, for example. Is he "evil" or is he mentally ill?

i had a girlfriend who was epileptic and ashamed about it. very sad. i always was rebellious about this stuff. never was ashamed.
    Epilepsy is a very difficult thing to live with, but certainly nothing to be ashamed of. It's not something one can always control. I'm sorry for her though.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

charles manson is mentally ill. and a lot of evil is the product of so called illness. a lot of illness is basically projection, and projection is the source of a lot of evil. but projection is also an unavoidable feature of the human mind. a lot of political ideas are based on projections, and cause pain, like wars, but they are not ill, because they represent a stage in evolution. stages can not be skipped, and are necessary. under ideal circumstances we can fast forward through stages. that is to say, in the beginning, we are all in "full projection mode", and act out, and are very demanding to our neighbors and neighbor tribes, then we differentiate some more, and integrate stuff, and it gets better. its only ill, by definition, if this process is being stuck below his natural potential.

so, there needs to be some evil.

but if we are stuck, there will me more evil, than is necessary.

this is, why it is formulated that: evil is such abuse of power, that prevents spiritual (psychological) growth. it tries to "establish" evil for infinity. thats also by definition one (fairly common) variation of pathology.

MBTI
    STP

What about bad with good intentions or when things turn out good with bad intentions. We all live in this world and we all have different views of bad so while one person is a good person to someone they may be a bad person to others. You can also be bad based in circumstance and as long as your in that circumstance you will continue to be bad and you may never realize a person is good because they cant break out of the cirumstance.

You also have to take into account perception. I was reading about virtue and a true golden mean. How do you reach that perfect middle ground without a complete picture. If you make a choice based on partials and it ends up bad are you a bad person? But if you are waiting for the complete picture before you act and it ends up to late are you bad for not acting when it was needed? In what cases are you a good person? How do you do something for someone without affecting someone or something else?

We are all bad and good in the same action at the same moment in history.

MBTI
    INFP

The meaning of bad is diluted when you attribute it to the entirety of the general populace.

What you are likely proposing is that people generally fall far below the expectations everyman has of his community. It is "everyman's" choice as to whether or not he wants to regard this as evidence of immorality or as evidence of hypocrisy and self-delusion within... everyman.