First 12

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

If applicable. Take the pooch on a trail run. The idea is always getting out the door. Once a person is out the door, they're gone. imo. Also, psychologically? i think motivation rests in how bad do you want it. If you don't do it some days for whatever reason, then you don't want it all that bad. That and self concious. If no one is there to witness your strain, whould you go runnin in your local streets more often?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

you guys have awesome opinions!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I am motivated when other people are involved, or I have a real deadline (I've tried giving myself deadlines, but without real consequences it does not work).

I like to work out too. It surprised me when I realized that because I have always hated sports. I realized it was the competitive aspect I really disliked.

Anyway, what motivates me is working out with someone else because they expect you to be there. For me, that means my personal trainer right now, but in the past, taking a small, group class really motivated me. The teacher and other students got to know me, and so if I didn't show they'd be asking me the next time where I was. I've been in larger classes where you can get lost in the shuffle, and it loses the motivating effect for me.

When it comes to cleaning my apartment or finishing a project, a deadline is a must. Nothing gets me cleaning faster than knowing someone is coming over, haha. Finishing a project needs a deadline with real consequences (ie. I don't get paid or pass a class).

I agree that my environment is important too. If I cannot focus in a certain environment, then I lose motivation. Since I work at home, sometimes I end up in this vicious cycle where I cannot focus on work because my apartment is a mess, but I cannot focus on cleaning because I have work to do and no deadline for cleaning. I end up at a coffee shop sometimes, just to be able to focus.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

garbage

Make it as entertaining as possible.

I read when I exercise. I chat and listen to music while I do other work, and I often work from home. And so on.

Getting other people involved for accountability, for assistance, or for making things more bearable definitely helps, too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Oooh yeah, music is a must. Especially for chores (or things that feel like one).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    what are the tools that motivate you? just curious!
    Procrastinating until the VERY LAST POSSIBLE FREAKIN' SECOND works for me every time!!