• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What is the NF fighting spirit like?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...Last night I was reading about my ESTP shadow and OH yeah, that fit! and I almost posted about the backwash of guilt I was feeling and how I wanted to write everyone in the hospital apology letters -- typical INFJ.

Funny you mention that. That's EXACTLY how I handled the hospital staff when both of my daughters were born. You emulated your ESTP shadow perfectly. :D

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My fighting spirit stems from keeping in mind- my past, present, future.

I think when we sever ties and live strictly in the 'now,' we forget the tapestry behind what makes us unique in our own human experiences?

By marrying the 3? We build a stronger sense of self? Identity? Goals?

Also, my NF fighting spirit, stems from a sense of interconnectedness, that everything happens for a reason, and it is up to us to choose our own fate to create a happier/better tomorrow?

Oh my.. now I'm starting to sound waaay too mushy.. That is truly what my fighting spirit looks like 4m within! A kid at heart who makes adult decisions? Yah!! :run: :smile:

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I have a very strong fighting spirit. ... I can be a real warrior. I use my heritage as an example, for instance. I'm almost 100% Scottish, and I'm always telling myself I have the blood and soul of a warrior. I am very close to Native American culture and tradition. I follow in the footsteps of these true soul warriors.

I salute you, OneWithConan.

I hear you come from a tribe which uses a punch as a greeting amoungst men as a symbol of respect for the other's strength. Is this true? If so, *punches you*

I think when we sever ties and live strictly in the 'now,' we forget the tapestry behind what makes us unique in our own human experiences?

By marrying the 3? We build a stronger sense of self? Identity? Goals?

I would suggest that living strictly in the 'now' has little to do with neglecting time or even personal tradition or meaning or goals or identity, but instead that the point of the 'now' is that you are always actively creating personal tradition, meaning, goals, identity, and never the passive recipient of them.

That should make them quite resilient I think.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
get me fired up and find out lol

ENFPs are scary! :D Seriously, I'd never cross my sister. She's the Crush-a-nator when she's torqued. lol

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFPs are scary! :D Seriously, I'd never cross my sister. She's the Crush-a-nator when she's torqued. lol

My experience with ENFP's has been that they are only scary if you take them seriously. They are easy to manage if you remove yourself from their sucking drama field. And actually, I think they respect you more if you do not get caught up. They want boundaries.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I consider myself very healthy in the fighting spirit department. My values, my self-respect, and what I think is right play a heavy goal on this.

I found strength originally through exercise. I felt empowered, strong, like I could do anything! After that, every piece of me that I discover about myself makes the fire more intense, more dramatic, and I can't seem to stay down on the ground anymore. Even at my worst, the next day, I'm crawling back for the top again.

If it's something wrong with myself, I look within, and work harder and better and try my best to improve it.. and I'm always discovering flaws, pushing myself, and making myself realize how imperfect I am.

When it's something within others.. I feel like I have to make a decision, and do what I feel is right no matter what to correct or remove myself from the situation (said situation dictating.) I balance all of this seemingly intense energy and thought with lots of meditation, calming exercises (reading, writing, working on projects, etc.) that help me center myself so I don't turn into a huge blaze and catch everything like wildfire.

I didn't realize how fiesty I really was for most of my life. I thought I was incapable, and lackluster.. Ever since I found myself though, I continue to become stronger and centered and everyday I get just a little bit better.

R

Riva

when i read the title of this thread this is the first thing which came to my mind -

gossip-girl-pillow-fight.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A Gossip Girl pillow fight?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You want me to put you in a head lock and hit you with a down-filled bolster? lol Sick. :D

R

Riva

You want me to put you in a head lock and hit you with a down-filled bolster? lol Sick. :D

from you? i would love that feeling. :devil:

sorry i had to troll on this thread. :hug:

no more disturbances from me. you guys go ahead.

ps;i find it EXTREMELY hard to contribute anything of any value in the NF forum.:frown:

i guess i should learn to be a bit more introspective.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't fret it. I never know what to say but that doesn't stop me from hitting someone with a pillow in a very fruity girly manner.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
nebbykoo said:
What are you passionate about? You must have something to fight for or against for that spirit to gain strength.

I'm passionate about health and personality since it is what most affects me. Getting to know my friends the last few years has helped draw me out of my shell, its taken a few years to warm up to them. It is a bit like the secret garden, my colour and enthusiasm for life returns just by their presence. I'm buying colourful cloths instead of blue and black.

antireconciler said:
YOU are ALL YOU NEED and you MUST start there. Start from the beginning. Set yourself to stopping everything and starting over. The mind has a kind of momentum such that simply saying "STOP" is like a spark in the night sky, where it may take many of these before the sky lightens and resembles dawn. But you must NOT give up! Never let your spirit be darkened. Don't say "it's not enough. I can't do it." but say "the tide is changing."

I drifted in spite of trying to move forward, I want to stop the drift and think part of that success is towards a healthy fighting spirit, confidence, self belief in moving without looking back. I got the phrase, exactly who I am is enough and my life is on track so my life is not a mess. I loved it, gave me hope, to move even when I felt gone in mind and spirit. Its taken till now to feel better and content enough to speak up. Neglect, poor health and personal life can decline a fighting spirit much too much. Part of me has given up feeling loved, when I got some council, he gave the same remark that my fighting spirit is poor.

Pinkpiranha said:
antireconciler said:
Everything comes from YOU.
Not true, babe. The decision to go forward or stop is yours to make, yes, but you can't always make it alone. No one is an inexhaustible source of strength and resolution. I thought I was enough to push through very black times, and that was a fallacy.

This makes all the difference, I notice I get more anxious and scared alone but am more confident and braver when with friends, I draw my strength from them to make decisions and have better sense of purpose, in the darkest times my friends cheered me up. How fast a person goes forward or stops depends on their will to break past the barriers that are in place.

kyuuei said:
I consider myself very healthy in the fighting spirit department. My values, my self-respect, and what I think is right play a heavy goal on this.

I found strength originally through exercise. I felt empowered, strong, like I could do anything! After that, every piece of me that I discover about myself makes the fire more intense, more dramatic, and I can't seem to stay down on the ground anymore. Even at my worst, the next day, I'm crawling back for the top again.

It is like training a stronger will with exercise and makes you feel like you can take on the world and then some. The adrenaline response and the attitude are key to what to aim for. I've noticed that there are few essential components, a purpose inspired by the individuals personal life to give a boost to their fighting spirit to refocus what to fight for when missing their loved ones and the exercise to build up the mental toughness and fighting spirit.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have no idea why but trainspotting just popped into my mind. heheh

trainspotting-quotes-1-4900009.jpg

V

violaine

I'm asking since my fighting spirit has been worn out and trampled on like a torn dish cloth by my family. This idea about the fighting spirit got me wondering the other day could I be more decisive in my action, more succinct in my direction, more confident in my choices with a stronger fighting spirit.

What does it take to reignite or train the fighting spirit to be healthy?

What is your fighting spirit like?

(A healthy fighting spirit to me means the will to thrive rather than shrink in the face of adversity and pressure for a better term, to be fearless, the desire to want to achieve, progress, fight for the idea, belief, values in life etc.

I've heard mention on more than one occasion that what doesn't break you makes you stronger. That to persevere in the face of adversity will strengthen your fighting spirit surely than not?

Ooh, sorry to hear that. Not much is more wearying than having to take on one's own family. :/

I think having self belief feeds the NF fighting spirit. Which can easily be eroded when taking on family. (i.e. Taking on board everyone's pov or being conflict avoidant can dilute one's own pov.) I think self belief is key, I felt like my fighting spirit was always there, but in childhood it was like it was gestating... I felt so different and wasn't convinced that these very strong feelings and force inside were right. I preferred to keep it to myself. I always ultimately followed my own path though, noone could ever get over the top of me in matters that were very important to me.

I have had to step into a protective role for a few people in my life and that seems to have actualized it so that it flows out of me now. I think part of the problem is that many NFs find it difficult to advocate for themselves. I used to because of being self-effacing and not wanting to hurt others' feelings, even if they were being jerks. But it became easier once I started actively standing up for myself. I feel like I have a very strong will and I want to live an interesting life. I don't want anything getting in the way of that and when a certain switch is flipped I am not scared of anything. (That's how it seems!) It feels very rebellious sometimes, especially if someone has wronged me or someone I care about. I quite enjoy taking those people to task now.

Hmm, I think running and similar activities feed the fighting spirit too... being and feeling strong in one's body. So does focusing on what you want and what you find inspiring... listening to certain kinds of music can feed it as well.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
...many NFs find it difficult to advocate for themselves. I used to because of being self-effacing and not wanting to hurt others' feelings, even if they were being jerks. But it became easier once I started actively standing up for myself. I feel like I have a very strong will and I want to live an interesting life. I don't want anything getting in the way of that and when a certain switch is flipped I am not scared of anything. (That's how it seems!) It feels very rebellious sometimes, especially if someone has wronged me or someone I care about. I quite enjoy taking those people to task now.

Hmm, I think running and similar activities feed the fighting spirit too... being and feeling strong in one's body. So does focusing on what you want and what you find inspiring... listening to certain kinds of music can feed it as well.

:yes:

Lightyear

I call my attitude "hesitant determination", if I really want something/want a problem solved I will be like "I don't want to hurt anyone BUT...!" and then I will insist, and after that I feel embarrassed for being so annoying and offending people but once I am past the embarrassment I will get all determined again, aiming straight for the goal.

I could also see myself getting really controlling, annoying and tough if I should be in a situation like being in the hospital. I am in general quite a peaceful, non-confrontational person but if you give me no other choice then to be loud and obnoxious then so be it, I will kick your ass, tell you exactly where the boundaries are or keep on pestering you.

civil_disobedience

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Molten hot liquid revolt that refuses to cool to any fixed form.
Adapative and resilient.