• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What is the NF fighting spirit like?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I salute you, OneWithConan.

I hear you come from a tribe which uses a punch as a greeting amoungst men as a symbol of respect for the other's strength. Is this true? If so, *punches you*

I would suggest that living strictly in the 'now' has little to do with neglecting time or even personal tradition or meaning or goals or identity, but instead that the point of the 'now' is that you are always actively creating personal tradition, meaning, goals, identity, and never the passive recipient of them.

That should make them quite resilient I think.

You're tops in my books :) thanks for that, it's so accurate.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
By the way..

Why do people stereotype NFs as being pacifists? Nonviolence isn't a virtue that all NFs live by..some, but others, like myself, would fight.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ This is the longest post I've ever seen. Are you sure you're ENTP?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been told I'm very determined, persistent, and that I don't care who or what is trying to stop me. I like that about myself and I think it's one of my best qualities actually.
That's because deep down I never really give up even if I'm not "acting" I'm always hoping and waiting for an opportunity, a possibility to get back to "work".
I think I do a pretty good job because most people I've "fought" with never bothered me again.
But it really doesn't have to be negative only. I'm also persistent in "fighting" to maintain "peace". I'll do whatever I can to cheer up someone I care about, make someone feel better, improve something, fix something (Relationship or material). If it's possible I stick until it's done.

There's rarely any in between because either I deeply care or I don't. But mostly whatever I've "won" was because it was backed up with feeling and faith otherwise it fails. "If I don't put my heart into the fight: I lose".

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What does it take to reignite or train the fighting spirit to be healthy?

Time. Rest. But then I'm one of those kinds of people that doesn't like to give up, if only because giving up means giving up closure or giving up on the problem. I obstinately maintain that for every problem there is a solution, for every question there is an answer, even if there is no solution or no answer. I could never know that, though, without looking through the problem until my brain is about to pop or until I've exhausted all attempts to find an answer/solution. I'm the annoying person who, when all hope is lost, is still going (somewhere in my head anyway) "Well, there's got to be another way!"

For me, it's not about heart or anything, it's about the tendency for me to leave no stone unturned.

I've heard mention on more than one occasion that what doesn't break you makes you stronger. That to persevere in the face of adversity will strengthen your fighting spirit surely than not?

It depends. :D (Oh, my favourite phrase.)

Sometimes, something that doesn't break you damages you. You are not stronger until you have repaired the damage. Sometimes the damage is never repaired. Which is why you may have survived the incident and come out on top, but you might not be completely functioning anymore. When you solve the problems the damages have caused, then you can call yourself stronger.

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
Do you enjoy reading? Or Audiobooks?

Then if you honestly, truly, want an answer to this, go read/listen to Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"

It is a long book, I chose to listen to it and Christopher Hurt read it with utter perfection in my opinion, but regardless, I think it will show you the real spirit of Man. This thing you call a "Fighting Spirit".

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think i have a very strong sense of myself and a very strong sense of the importance of my NF values, and i am very clear in my direction and standing up for myself.

I think alot of the reason for this is that for the first ten years of my life, i lived completely in my shadow side and was as disconnected from my true identity as is possible. It was a painful painful time, but i think the upswing is that when i finally found my confidence from people respecting me for who i was, (i think that would be the best way to jump start your fighting spirit haha), i had a clearer image of who i was and wanted to be then any of the people around me.

I think once you find it, your sense of self will be so clear. Do you have ST family members or something like that?

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
"If you just invested your energy blaming others for your lack of personal willpower, your environment is far too gentle."

Was that maxim close enough to a fortune cookie's? I just made that up.

I figure that's what you're really looking for.
Motivation, assertiveness.. all of these are topics of thousands of self-help books and programs.

It could very well be there is no magical fighting spirit to be invoked with crystals, it could also have nothing to do with your family, as lecherous as they might be.

And as for Atlas Shrugged?.... lol.

Yes, becoming a Randroid will solve everything. Philosophy to the rescue!

TypeC is here to solve your personal issues, you just have to mystify the thread a bit to make it accessible. Although I have no doubt you believe in secret, archetypal, over-anthropomorphized fighting spirits lingering in the human psyche.