User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You want me to put you in a head lock and hit you with a down-filled bolster? lol Sick.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Riva

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You want me to put you in a head lock and hit you with a down-filled bolster? lol Sick.
    from you? i would love that feeling.

sorry i had to troll on this thread.

no more disturbances from me. you guys go ahead.

ps;i find it EXTREMELY hard to contribute anything of any value in the NF forum.

i guess i should learn to be a bit more introspective.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Don't fret it. I never know what to say but that doesn't stop me from hitting someone with a pillow in a very fruity girly manner.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Don't fret it. I never know what to say but that doesn't stop me from hitting someone with a pillow in a very fruity girly manner.

whatever you say DARLING!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo
    What are you passionate about? You must have something to fight for or against for that spirit to gain strength.
    I'm passionate about health and personality since it is what most affects me. Getting to know my friends the last few years has helped draw me out of my shell, its taken a few years to warm up to them. It is a bit like the secret garden, my colour and enthusiasm for life returns just by their presence. I'm buying colourful cloths instead of blue and black.

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler
    YOU are ALL YOU NEED and you MUST start there. Start from the beginning. Set yourself to stopping everything and starting over. The mind has a kind of momentum such that simply saying "STOP" is like a spark in the night sky, where it may take many of these before the sky lightens and resembles dawn. But you must NOT give up! Never let your spirit be darkened. Don't say "it's not enough. I can't do it." but say "the tide is changing."
    I drifted in spite of trying to move forward, I want to stop the drift and think part of that success is towards a healthy fighting spirit, confidence, self belief in moving without looking back. I got the phrase, exactly who I am is enough and my life is on track so my life is not a mess. I loved it, gave me hope, to move even when I felt gone in mind and spirit. Its taken till now to feel better and content enough to speak up. Neglect, poor health and personal life can decline a fighting spirit much too much. Part of me has given up feeling loved, when I got some council, he gave the same remark that my fighting spirit is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpiranha
    Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler
    Everything comes from YOU.
    Not true, babe. The decision to go forward or stop is yours to make, yes, but you can't always make it alone. No one is an inexhaustible source of strength and resolution. I thought I was enough to push through very black times, and that was a fallacy.
    This makes all the difference, I notice I get more anxious and scared alone but am more confident and braver when with friends, I draw my strength from them to make decisions and have better sense of purpose, in the darkest times my friends cheered me up. How fast a person goes forward or stops depends on their will to break past the barriers that are in place.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei
    I consider myself very healthy in the fighting spirit department. My values, my self-respect, and what I think is right play a heavy goal on this.

I found strength originally through exercise. I felt empowered, strong, like I could do anything! After that, every piece of me that I discover about myself makes the fire more intense, more dramatic, and I can't seem to stay down on the ground anymore. Even at my worst, the next day, I'm crawling back for the top again.
    It is like training a stronger will with exercise and makes you feel like you can take on the world and then some. The adrenaline response and the attitude are key to what to aim for. I've noticed that there are few essential components, a purpose inspired by the individuals personal life to give a boost to their fighting spirit to refocus what to fight for when missing their loved ones and the exercise to build up the mental toughness and fighting spirit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I have no idea why but trainspotting just popped into my mind. heheh

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I'm asking since my fighting spirit has been worn out and trampled on like a torn dish cloth by my family. This idea about the fighting spirit got me wondering the other day could I be more decisive in my action, more succinct in my direction, more confident in my choices with a stronger fighting spirit.

What does it take to reignite or train the fighting spirit to be healthy?

What is your fighting spirit like?

(A healthy fighting spirit to me means the will to thrive rather than shrink in the face of adversity and pressure for a better term, to be fearless, the desire to want to achieve, progress, fight for the idea, belief, values in life etc.

I've heard mention on more than one occasion that what doesn't break you makes you stronger. That to persevere in the face of adversity will strengthen your fighting spirit surely than not?
    Ooh, sorry to hear that. Not much is more wearying than having to take on one's own family. :/

I think having self belief feeds the NF fighting spirit. Which can easily be eroded when taking on family. (i.e. Taking on board everyone's pov or being conflict avoidant can dilute one's own pov.) I think self belief is key, I felt like my fighting spirit was always there, but in childhood it was like it was gestating... I felt so different and wasn't convinced that these very strong feelings and force inside were right. I preferred to keep it to myself. I always ultimately followed my own path though, noone could ever get over the top of me in matters that were very important to me.

I have had to step into a protective role for a few people in my life and that seems to have actualized it so that it flows out of me now. I think part of the problem is that many NFs find it difficult to advocate for themselves. I used to because of being self-effacing and not wanting to hurt others' feelings, even if they were being jerks. But it became easier once I started actively standing up for myself. I feel like I have a very strong will and I want to live an interesting life. I don't want anything getting in the way of that and when a certain switch is flipped I am not scared of anything. (That's how it seems!) It feels very rebellious sometimes, especially if someone has wronged me or someone I care about. I quite enjoy taking those people to task now.

Hmm, I think running and similar activities feed the fighting spirit too... being and feeling strong in one's body. So does focusing on what you want and what you find inspiring... listening to certain kinds of music can feed it as well.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ...many NFs find it difficult to advocate for themselves. I used to because of being self-effacing and not wanting to hurt others' feelings, even if they were being jerks. But it became easier once I started actively standing up for myself. I feel like I have a very strong will and I want to live an interesting life. I don't want anything getting in the way of that and when a certain switch is flipped I am not scared of anything. (That's how it seems!) It feels very rebellious sometimes, especially if someone has wronged me or someone I care about. I quite enjoy taking those people to task now.

Hmm, I think running and similar activities feed the fighting spirit too... being and feeling strong in one's body. So does focusing on what you want and what you find inspiring... listening to certain kinds of music can feed it as well.

I call my attitude "hesitant determination", if I really want something/want a problem solved I will be like "I don't want to hurt anyone BUT...!" and then I will insist, and after that I feel embarrassed for being so annoying and offending people but once I am past the embarrassment I will get all determined again, aiming straight for the goal.

I could also see myself getting really controlling, annoying and tough if I should be in a situation like being in the hospital. I am in general quite a peaceful, non-confrontational person but if you give me no other choice then to be loud and obnoxious then so be it, I will kick your ass, tell you exactly where the boundaries are or keep on pestering you.

Junior Member civil_disobedience's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Molten hot liquid revolt that refuses to cool to any fixed form.
    Adapative and resilient.
    "Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"--Thoreau