User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Well, in the past, fighting spirit meant taking hits and continuing to rise and move forward. I wound up battling an entire garage full of men b/c of bias and chauvinism. I remember crying almost every day when I could get alone - it was that abusive and horrible. I stayed put out of sheer belligerence and stood down the opposition. It was hell, and even now, I'm not sure it was worth the toll on my health and sanity. I just couldn't let them beat me. At the time, it was THE most important thing, expecting them to ultimately take me down but taking as many of them with me as I could.

My fighting spirit is pretty much trampled these days though, wrestling with illness will do that.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I imagine the NF fighting spirit to be someone dramatically jumping out of a burning building in slow-motion with 4 babies and a dog in their arms while under gun fire.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I imagine the NF fighting spirit to be someone dramatically jumping out of a burning building in slow-motion with 4 babies and a dog in their arms while under gun fire.
    More like Pee Wee Herman running in and out of the pet store and screaming with handfuls of snakes.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    Everything comes from YOU.
    Not true, babe. The decision to go forward or stop is yours to make, yes, but you can't always make it alone. No one is an inexhaustible source of strength and resolution. I thought I was enough to push through very black times, and that was a fallacy.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Pink, in a situation like that, I would have only had my absolute stubbornness to keep going.

As I have gotten older, I have started to recognize the signs of decay before things get too bad. And I get out before things start falling apart.

But the older I get, the less I get worked up about.

Some things are broken beyond repair, and all the work and idealism in the world won't fix them. You have to scrap them and start over.

That said, if there is something I truly believe in, I'll fight tooth and nail for it. To the exclusion of all else. And unlike when I was younger I will ask for support.

The biggest thing for me, is people who get picked on because they are different or unpopular, and don't deserve the harassment. It's gotten me in trouble more than once.

just a short comment, until i am inspired to say something new. i am not fluent with the huge body of bardo theories. read the tibetan book of the dead, once. i just used the word as vague synonym for the subtle realm, that is to say, the unconscious. still personal, but beyond every day personal insight, and in the order of time-lines somewhat above everyday causality, meaning it has a lot of influence but is not influenced a lot, by every day life.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

When life hands you lemons... kick life in the groin and steal it's wallet. Life's hands will be too full what with all the lemon doling going on to defend itself!
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    There is something in common this response has to a slap across the face in that I am as little able to comprehend either.
    Pardon?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I have a very strong fighting spirit. It's not because I like the title, or like supporting those around me, but when my values are involved, I can be a real warrior. I use my heritage as an example, for instance. I'm almost 100% Scottish, and I'm always telling myself I have the blood and soul of a warrior. I am very close to Native American culture and tradition. I follow in the footsteps of these true soul warriors. I find my approach on all of this to match almost perfectly to that of the Native Americans. They fought and died proudly for their values and their land. And were exterminated by the whites. Their spirit stills reigns strong, proud, and deep in the bit of culture left over.

And by doing that, I gain a sense of pride. My values, what I love, what I believe in, I'd take it all to the grave..the Native Americans did..the Scottish Warriors did when the English threatened their freedom, it's necessary for my soul. Thinks inspire me, give me pride. I feel so strongly towards my values, that when I see them broken, I get angry. I channel this in the right way, or at least, in my way..as I usually don't think logically when I'm emotional. This is the basic fundamentals of NF, in short.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Honestly, I think we're just stubborn. Ghandi is always cited as a great NF -- to me, he was merely the stubbornest man on the face of the earth. I do believe in sheer force of will and I personally tend to believe that if my cause is just, I'll be given strength to carry it out even if I think I can't go on any longer. If I try, I can go on, even if it's only 1 step more. This attitude gets me further than some people could go. I think of myself as transparent, a vehicle -- personality out of the way, I can let myself be a symbol for a cause and there's nothing I hate worse than giving up. I like to think I'm only resting in that case.