User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENFPs: Losing yourself in the moment (Se)

Hi fellow ENFPs,

How often to do you resort to losing yourself in the moment, dissolving yourself in physical sensation? In other words turning to Se?

Is it something you do to hide or supress being emotionally overwhelmed, as an escape mechanism, or just for the pure sensual joy?

My Se is broken, best I can figure, but I have seen other ENFPs in my family turn into very ESFP like individuals in times of stress or just for fun.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I was just reflecting on this yesterday (I have the flu at the moment).

When I don't feel well, Fi and Ne are like filters that slip off and I ensconce myself in all manner of physical comforts.

I watch fun movies and don't think about profound interpretations or what will happen next.

I get out the bubble bath stuff I always buy but don't use, and actually use it.

I still get dressed, put on makeup, put on perfume and make an effort to not look like crapiola. (The thought of sitting in my pj's all day - dreadful!)

I will generally do tasks that I could otherwise ignore for weeks. Various chores would include cleaning the fridge, doing the bills (did that yesterday), folding laundry, sorting my e-mail inbox etc. They feel sort of comforting.

I just become part of my physical environment more than usual. Just purely soaking in what I see, touch, smell, do.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I did that a lot more as a kid, but yes, I still do these things occasionally when I am really happy or really stressed.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i can let go and just live in the moment...it's when something fun, exciting and physical is happening though...not something stressful. it's not an escape mechanism for anything.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Mmm, what I meant is, when I have a deadline I forget everything around me and get in the task. Is that what you mean?

Otherwise, if something is fun, invigorating and interesting, I do this.

For example, as a child, I loved bubble baths - would sink ships and listen to the sound, then make them fly out of the water, as if by magic. I would get lost in my own fantasies to have a giant puddle of water on the floor!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I was just reflecting on this yesterday (I have the flu at the moment).

When I don't feel well, Fi and Ne are like filters that slip off and I ensconce myself in all manner of physical comforts.

I watch fun movies and don't think about profound interpretations or what will happen next.

I get out the bubble bath stuff I always buy but don't use, and actually use it.

I still get dressed, put on makeup, put on perfume and make an effort to not look like crapiola. (The thought of sitting in my pj's all day - dreadful!)

I will generally do tasks that I could otherwise ignore for weeks. Various chores would include cleaning the fridge, doing the bills (did that yesterday), folding laundry, sorting my e-mail inbox etc. They feel sort of comforting.

I just become part of my physical environment more than usual. Just purely soaking in what I see, touch, smell, do.

What everyone else said. It can be when I'm distressed or just enjoying & living in the moment.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Driving always does it for me, especially when I'm going fast and the radio's blasting. My Ne doesn't have time to make my mind wander when I'm being physically overstimulated like that.

As for why I do it - both, I guess. I drive 'cause I love it, but it also works as great therapy when I'm pissed off.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm not very good at making use of my Se, unless I'm in natural, scenic surroundings. I tune in better then. Other than that, I'm sure I live inside my own head way too much. At least it's nice if each of us know what can switch us into a more relaxed Se mode. Whether it's driving, or natural scenes! Although I'm still not sure about having the flu!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Hi fellow ENFPs,

How often to do you resort to losing yourself in the moment, dissolving yourself in physical sensation? In other words turning to Se?

Is it something you do to hide or supress being emotionally overwhelmed, as an escape mechanism, or just for the pure sensual joy?

My Se is broken, best I can figure, but I have seen other ENFPs in my family turn into very ESFP like individuals in times of stress or just for fun.
    happy did you take the cognitive function test? i'm curious what your se was like.

ETA: here's a thread where enfps listed their results
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...t-results.html
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I absolutely love it when that happens, though I have trouble doing it consciously, as I get bored easily and impatient. But when I do lose myself in the moment it's utter bliss. Moments like that are singing in the shower, dancing your heart out, sex, and just generally an activity that fully demands my attention and that I utterly enjoy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”