• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are NFs overly non offensive ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
That is just something I have noticed.
I know that NFs are very wide group so I am generalizing since they are NFs that are not like this.

If you attack NFs on their beliefs you will probably provoke a response.
The NFs that is attacked will do anything in its power to prove that the belief system is correct/valid.
However if you do that all the time they will learn how to ignore you.

But that is not the point.

The point is that they will focus on defending their beliefs and they will not start a counter attack on your belief system unless you are really pushing it.
In some cases you will hear a rant or an insult but there will probably be no calm and calculated(really calculated) ofensive.

NFs are also quite unlikey to attack the other persons belief system.

Do you feel uncomfortable doing that or you are afraid that you will be depressed if you do that? Or you are afraid of destroying a friendship (or whatever)?

Last edited by a moderator:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The point is that they will focus on defending their beliefs and they will not start a counter attack on your belief system unless you are really pushing it.
In some cases you will hear a rant or an insult but there will probably be no calm and calculated(really calculated) ofensive.

NFs are also quite unlikey to attack the other persons belief system.

Do you feel uncomfortable doing that or you are afraid that you will be depressed if you do that? Or you are afraid of destroying a friendship (or whatever)?

Not true, most NTs alsojhas belief system and defend them.

It depends on what you define as belief, and what is objective and subjective. I believe anything can be proven true and anyrthing can ber proven false. Its all a matter of words.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Not true, most NTs alsojhas belief system and defend them.

It depends on what you define as belief, and what is objective and subjective. I believe anything can be proven true and anyrthing can ber proven false. Its all a matter of words.

I was was just waiting how long it will take to get post like this.
I don't defend mine since I am too isolated.

However I think that you can't prove/disprove things just like that. Actually you can but that is not real proving/disproving
Which is because words don't have any real value. Since you can swing them as you like.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would you attack someone elses beliefsystem if yours includes amongst other things: Respect for everyones beliefs and feelings, openmindedness to new ideas, and so on as long as no harm to a third party is done.

I truly believe that you're entitled to your own opinion on just about anything, and as long as you do not hurt another with those beliefs, I am more intrigued to find out what made you come to them than I am to prove you wrong. They shape you and make you unique. Why would I want to distroy that? I'm more likely to want to understand it. Besides, who am I to tell you what to believe?

lane777

nevermore
To argue my beliefs is 100% pointless. Mostly, because I'm terrible at it. But besides that, generally when someone has formed an opinion they stick to it even if your argument is stellar - according to my INTJ brother, who is a veteran (and no he's not just tooting his horn; this guy really knows how to make a foolproof argument). Despite knowing how futile controversial debates are, the poor fool gets pulled into them all the time anyways :dont:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well...If pushed hard enough, I will be offensive. I chose not to get to that point. I keep my beliefs pretty tightly to my chest. I'd rather walk away, than tear some one apart.

nanook

a scream in a vortex

i hardly ever defend my views or myself. i will just end the conversation, pretend that your argument has crushed my ground and i am speechless, if that is necessary to end it. i wont take your ignorance apart and point out how it is rooted in psychopathic motivation, unless you push it. i won't do the latter in real-life at all. this is because i have energetic awareness of boundaries. fighting with the physically present core of a person is highly problematic (for the both of our psyches) and stressing. even if the person pretends or 'believes', that the topic at hand is not personal to him, like he is just being objective, yeah right. his motivation to argue comes most likely straight from the core, and thats where i would have to pull the plug. i am afraid, that i cannot control my anger/action, once i enter that energetic battlefield ("i don't belong here. this field rejects me"), because then it feels like "kill or get killed". so i prefer "run away and let live". good for you.

However I think that you can't prove/disprove things just like that. Actually you can but that is not real proving/disproving
Which is because words don't have any real value. Since you can swing them as you like.

agree ...

at least thats true for the "things" that i am about. being intuitive, i don't have believes that are originally constructed from logical arguments, and therefore contained in them, and therefore presentable in linguistic argument. and i cant put my visions of intuitive origin (perception) into someones head, especially if he is not motivated to take a step back from language and argument and make room for them. often people wont even step back to look at what they themselves are saying. so its usually pointless to even try to get to an understanding. let alone "proving" anything. the term prove does not mean much to me. the correlating word in my world is "can you see it?!" thats all there is. deep, complex, strong, sharp, narrow, weak and twisted perspectives.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't have beliefs per se (not in a spiritual sense) but I do have values. The validity of those values is always open for debate, in my book. It's because I stand by them 100% that I have no problem talking about it. That being said, there are some people who I don't think would even understand the terms of such a debate.

How can you objectively explain, for example, the validity of "live and let live"? There are a million possible explanations and none, at the same time.

There is no such thing as overly none-offensive. Unless someone is being harmed by another people's belief system, I won't ever attack it. What's the point?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
NFs can be really offensive sometimes.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'd say we don't tend to be really offensive unless some outside event or behaviour from another person triggers it. If something goes against our values we may decide to do something about it.

Otherwise we're pretty calm and yes non-offensive. Definitely not the type to be expressive with their beliefs or outspokenly arrogant & ignorant to other people's beliefs. The reason I won't usually attack another person's beliefs is that I understand that everyone is different. I know that the set of my beliefs are not the only set of beliefs in the world, and everyone has their own different beliefs depending on their upbringing, what they were taught, their peer groups, and etc.

And of course, I hate conflict. Since we are empathetic, we don't believe in pointing out another person's beliefs in hopes of proving them wrong, we aim to understand people individually, and with this comes the understanding of their beliefs as well as acceptance of those beliefs even if we do not take these beliefs on ourselves.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Attacking an individual's beliefs is pointless. If you want to compel someone to your way of thinking, then you must find common ground and appeal to them first. You need to find out why they feel the way they do and come at them from a compassionate angle.
I've most certainly brought people around to my viewpoint, but it was not through offensively tearing down their views. Most people simply shutdown or get defensive in such a situation, and being an NF I know how extremely sensitive some people can be :D.
So no, not offensive, but I can be persuasive if it's something I feel is important.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just don't care what anyone believes they're just as much entitled as i am...and i don't appreciate being pulled into a debate about mine.

and i almost never intentionally offend someone...i joke around and tease a lot and sometimes accidentally offend people.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Why would you attack someone elses beliefsystem if yours includes amongst other things: Respect for everyones beliefs and feelings, openmindedness to new ideas, and so on as long as no harm to a third party is done.

I truly believe that you're entitled to your own opinion on just about anything, and as long as you do not hurt another with those beliefs, I am more intrigued to find out what made you come to them than I am to prove you wrong. They shape you and make you unique. Why would I want to distroy that? I'm more likely to want to understand it. Besides, who am I to tell you what to believe?

:yes:

G

garbage

i just don't care what anyone believes they're just as much entitled as i am...and i don't appreciate being pulled into a debate about mine.

This tendency in certain other people pisses me off, too.

My ENTJ brother keeps prodding me about the fact that I'm an atheist but am actively involved in faith-based organizations for the good work they do and for the family-like atmosphere. As a very, very staunch and opinionated atheist, he can't comprehend why I'd "do work in the name of something I don't believe in."

I thought I'd finally shut him up by stating that I just prioritize those factors over the fact that the organizations are faith-based, but then he questions why my priorities are as they are :doh:

When he hears that I hang out with friends and there's alcohol involved, he remarks that surely those are not my Christian friends :doh: :doh:

Finding flaws in ideas is fine. Debating is fine. But what I value and prioritize can't be proven, so stop treating it like it can be.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's cool greed...i like it.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
They could be offensive in overestimating others intelligence. In this place anyway. What this place needs is bodylanguagicons and handgesturicons. emoticons don't quite cut it.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I was was just waiting how long it will take to get post like this.
I don't defend mine since I am too isolated.

2+2=5
anything can be proven or disproven.

sculpting

NFs can be really offensive sometimes.

Sorry Jeffster we don't mean to be, we are just socially stupid. Your giant jack head looks very purty!

Antisocial, I think you need to segregate a little more.

ENFP: Fi-Live and let live so we will fight to protect our own values, but we don't impose them on others.

INFP: Fi-maybe like ENFPs, but I cannot speak for them

INFJs: Fe-but I think since it is auxilliary and supports a dmoniant introverted function, it would fight defend it's own values but be unlikely to go on the offensive aganist yours. It will withdraw and observe instead.

ENFJs-They will eat your shit for lunch. (except pink who I love forever:wubbie:)

Unique

I've said this before but I think sugar coating things and being "non offensive" is actually more offensive in the long run