User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Attacking an individual's beliefs is pointless. If you want to compel someone to your way of thinking, then you must find common ground and appeal to them first. You need to find out why they feel the way they do and come at them from a compassionate angle.
    I've most certainly brought people around to my viewpoint, but it was not through offensively tearing down their views. Most people simply shutdown or get defensive in such a situation, and being an NF I know how extremely sensitive some people can be .
    So no, not offensive, but I can be persuasive if it's something I feel is important.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    To argue my beliefs is 100% pointless.
    Damn skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    ...generally when someone has formed an opinion they stick to it even if your argument is stellar ...
    Even if you have concrete facts, and their brains are in LaLa land with rainbow colored ponies and trees that grow candy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just don't care what anyone believes they're just as much entitled as i am...and i don't appreciate being pulled into a debate about mine.

and i almost never intentionally offend someone...i joke around and tease a lot and sometimes accidentally offend people.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Why would you attack someone elses beliefsystem if yours includes amongst other things: Respect for everyones beliefs and feelings, openmindedness to new ideas, and so on as long as no harm to a third party is done.

I truly believe that you're entitled to your own opinion on just about anything, and as long as you do not hurt another with those beliefs, I am more intrigued to find out what made you come to them than I am to prove you wrong. They shape you and make you unique. Why would I want to distroy that? I'm more likely to want to understand it. Besides, who am I to tell you what to believe?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i just don't care what anyone believes they're just as much entitled as i am...and i don't appreciate being pulled into a debate about mine.
    This tendency in certain other people pisses me off, too.

My ENTJ brother keeps prodding me about the fact that I'm an atheist but am actively involved in faith-based organizations for the good work they do and for the family-like atmosphere. As a very, very staunch and opinionated atheist, he can't comprehend why I'd "do work in the name of something I don't believe in."

I thought I'd finally shut him up by stating that I just prioritize those factors over the fact that the organizations are faith-based, but then he questions why my priorities are as they are

When he hears that I hang out with friends and there's alcohol involved, he remarks that surely those are not my Christian friends

Finding flaws in ideas is fine. Debating is fine. But what I value and prioritize can't be proven, so stop treating it like it can be.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's cool greed...i like it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

They could be offensive in overestimating others intelligence. In this place anyway. What this place needs is bodylanguagicons and handgesturicons. emoticons don't quite cut it.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I was was just waiting how long it will take to get post like this.
    I don't defend mine since I am too isolated.

However I think that you can't prove/disprove things just like that. Actually you can but that is not real proving/disproving
    Which is because words don't have any real value. Since you can swing them as you like.
    2+2=5
    anything can be proven or disproven.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    NFs can be really offensive sometimes.
    Sorry Jeffster we don't mean to be, we are just socially stupid. Your giant jack head looks very purty!

Antisocial, I think you need to segregate a little more.

ENFP: Fi-Live and let live so we will fight to protect our own values, but we don't impose them on others.

INFP: Fi-maybe like ENFPs, but I cannot speak for them

INFJs: Fe-but I think since it is auxilliary and supports a dmoniant introverted function, it would fight defend it's own values but be unlikely to go on the offensive aganist yours. It will withdraw and observe instead.

ENFJs-They will eat your shit for lunch. (except pink who I love forever)

I've said this before but I think sugar coating things and being "non offensive" is actually more offensive in the long run