Thread: NFs Gullible?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Default NFs Gullible?

I've been told that we NFs are, and at first I laughed...then I suddenly realized, oh wait, I actually am gullible. So. Is this just a stereotype, or do you feel it's vindicated? I'm curious.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Gullible in what sense.

If someone takes advantage of my goodwill by pleading to my emotions is that gullible? Say someone begs money off of me and I give it to them or someone asks me to support a cause that is probably hopeless anyway.

Does gullible mean in that sense that I rarely barter or haggle when I should to get a better deal. Or someone says yay, this is a fantastic money making scheme, pyramid much, just like this bonus plastic vacuum cleaner and music player could be yours only 5 small easy payments of $49.95.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'd say so. I give people the benefit of the doubt many times even when signs may point otherwise. If someone says something sincerely enough, I believe them, even if it seems outrageous. (Ive heard, and seen, weird real shit.things seem not-so-crazy to me lol) etc. I could see it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes and No.
    Sucker for a sob story, Yes. Ripped off by a pyramid scheme, No.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

The situations were I might be duped are always calculated.

I've never been called gullible or naive but I do take risks sometimes. It's simple though - it's often after measuring the pros and cons and seeing that the possibility of doing some good is worth the risk of being duped - something some people seem to ignore altogether.

That being said, I'm pretty cynical about things involving money or personal info.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    Bald

Maybe not that street-wise, but not totally gullible?

Lasting_Pain

Yea they are gullible. They usually believe anything that comes out of my mouth.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I've been told that we NFs are, and at first I laughed...then I suddenly realized, oh wait, I actually am gullible. So. Is this just a stereotype, or do you feel it's vindicated? I'm curious.
    We also have deep insight into other people's motivations.

Or is believing that one example of gullibility?

Of course having both things be true will make every NF fit their category perfectly at all points in time and thus prove its credibility.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I'd say so. I give people the benefit of the doubt many times even when signs may point otherwise. If someone says something sincerely enough, I believe them, even if it seems outrageous. (Ive heard, and seen, weird real shit.things seem not-so-crazy to me lol) etc. I could see it.
    Agreed!! However, if someone says something sincere, sometimes they really really mean it? I know I might say some of the outrageous things to the person who perceives it that way, when I truly mean what I say? I only say what I mean, bc I CANNOT live with myself if I have to flat out ya know..

Gullibility, depends on the person I'm speaking to, whether or not, I see their intentions as honest or not? My hunches pick up on these things pretty well. I can tell when someone tells the truth if their intentions are pure or not.

My friends have, in the past, called me gullible, bc I come off light-hearted/playful with those I love most. Although I *appear* that way, I know I am not, because I really get a feel for things. If something doesn't quite sit well with me.. I trust myself, in that regard. Plus, I like 4 my life to be full of fun, insight, richness, both good & bad, so whatever.

Nothing's what it seems.. Sometimes, I meet people who are EXTREMELY intelligent/well-educated folks who FALL for the weirdest shiyat, and I think being naive relates to the way we deal with our angst? Some people try to appear the strongest, are in fact, weakest in disguise, especially when they believe in bogus claims to sooth their qualms? It's like they give their power away, their energy, chi, however we wanna call it, so blindly bc they don't quite 'feel' that trust within themselves, I think. That is why I am thankful 4 consciousness. In listening to what my body tells me when something's not quite right, I can still be in control of my thoughts, and deal the with situation accordingly..

Really depends on the person, perhaps? Life? Upbringing?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I always assume they are playin along with my pseudosincerety. Thus making me (the one writing this) quite gullible. As far as streetsmarts, NF catch on to things the quickest. That or tied with SP. Reason i know-refer to 1st sentance.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?