User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Unhappy How to deal with thinkers emotional blocked-ness?

My bf is an INTP and very emotionally blocked. It was fine with me for a quick minute, but now it's starting to strain the relationship a bit.
    Should I just ask him to try to open up a bit more, or wait it out a little more? (we've been together for about 3 months)

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBugGemini View Post
    wait it out a little more
    That'll work.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBugGemini View Post
    Should I just ask him to try to open up a bit more
    Won't work. He won't even know where to begin, assuming he even tries.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Could you give more specifics? What's the actual problem you are dealing with?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENTP

Noooo. I'm not in the position to give you advice but I'm surrounded with emotional people. Ts relate to people by reason and thinking. Stir up a conversation about global pollution, the freaking goverment, or space colinization. Something that would make his brain think; NT love those stuff.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

With INTPs, you access the feeling/emotional level at a very late stage since it's their weak point. The best way to engage them is with cerebral brainstorming/truth (Logical truth) finding ventures that crank up their Ti. Since they enjoy those types of conversations/debates, they'll grow more fond of you for that, slowly they might open up more.

It's all about having a lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool View Post
    Noooo. I'm not in the position to give you advice but I'm surrounded with emotional people. Ts relate to people by reason and thinking. Stir up a conversation about global pollution, the freaking goverment, or space colinization. Something that would make his brain think; NT love those stuff.
    More topics:
    3 Words: Dungeons and Dragons

2 Words: Diablo 1/2/3

Anything that can be power gamed, he will powergame it until it cannot be powergamed.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Could you give more specifics? What's the actual problem you are dealing with?
    Well, see the thing is, he can tell me what he's feeling, but it's just so strange in the way he does it...like he's not really feeling it at all.
    And just the fact that he doesn't show emotion in general, just not even a lil'. I mean, I'm not gonna force him or anything (and prolly won't be able to, him being a typical stubborn INTP >.>) it's just really frustrating, trying to get close to him on an emotional level.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

Cool

[QUOTE=Skyward;591481]With INTPs, you access the feeling/emotional level at a very late stage since it's their weak point. The best way to engage them is with cerebral brainstorming/truth (Logical truth) finding ventures that crank up their Ti. Since they enjoy those types of conversations/debates, they'll grow more fond of you for that, slowly they might open up more.

It's all about having a lot of patience.

QUOTE]

I figured as much. Oh, the impatience I have as an ENFP...
    thanks, anyway, tho.
    :3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I thought it was because they experience emotion/feeling at an early age and deem it irrelavent. Games however, are things that (others) find intriguing. Once intp notices that, they further investigate these games (already deemed trivial). Then get lost in the moment. A moment that could very well last a lifetime. If you know what i mean.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

You are a sophomore in HS? wtf? See ya in 5 years.