User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

*sigh* I wish I'd known more about MBTI when I was trailing my INTP around. These forums would have been a great help.

Proceed.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    *sigh* I wish I'd known more about MBTI when I was trailing my INTP around. These forums would have been a great help.

Proceed.

You will not miss the INTP till the INTP is gone. I think the saying goes something like that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Once you discover the usefulness of Fe, and the beauty of connecting to humanity, you'll never go back.
    I hope to God I get to this place one day. I am feelings retarded!

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

To get to an INTP's feelings, just hold them close, letting the warmth suffuse both of you, and then let him know that you value him; that he's irreplacable Don't choke, and be gentle. If I had anyone , I'd want them to do that to me. P.S.: If you're just in high school, don't bother. It's probably just develop into short term fling. If you can sustain a real relationship, do as I posted.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

How to deal with thinkers emotional blocked-ness
    Your first mistake is believing that there is something wrong with him that must be fixed.

Your second mistake is trying to make him less himself and more like you instead of either accepting and loving him for who he is or moving on and finding someone more suited to you.

To help you deal with your character flaw I would suggest you google the term Pygmalion Project or pick up this self help book from Amazon.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Marry him for five years and then eventually he'll admit to being rubbish at that sort of thing, which seems like a good start

Seriously, my hubby doesn't really express himself at all, but I kinda got used to it. The times we bond and enjoy each other's company the most is when we engage within sarcastic debates that usually take the piss out of other people >_>

I've pushed him a few times, out of frustration I guess, but he's always tried to explain his position regarding those times, even if he couldn't explain it in a NF language, just the fact he even tried is enough for me to know that he values me. Plus he puts up with me too, so that's a bonus.

I like this thread ^^

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I have a live-in INTP boyfriend and, yes he does that as well. Thing is, he just doesn't feel the same way I do. It takes a lot for an INTP to trust you enough to even tell you their feelings. The way they express them is completely different. It can feel strange and ingenuine a lot of times but I've learned to take his word for it when he tells me how he feels.
    Your boyfriend does feel emotion the same way you do and just as intensely - however, for him to show it the way you do would make him feel very cheap and fake. I imagine one reason he loves you is because you can be very expressive in your emotions and seem very genuine to him while doing it.

A few years ago I found a theory called Neural Linguistic Programing which deals with many things including rapport building techniques. I found that using the techniques really helped me communicate with people a whole lot better even though it made me feel very fake and insincere, even dirty and manipulative. The thing was, I wasn't faking emotions I didn't feel - it was more like putting on a play to express the emotions I felt so that others could understand me better.

I don't know if it's the same for all INTPs but for me fakeness and insincerity are two things I hate and strong expressions of emotion often felt fake as hell to me even if I was feeling extremely intense emotion at that time. If your INTP doesn't seem to be very expressive in their professions of love then it could be because they are trying to be as honest, genuine and real with you as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker22 View Post
    When she does do her withdrawal thing - she won't even respond to texts - there is like a 24 - 48 hr lag time if she even bothers to respond...
    All of my other friends always respond right away so it's a different experience for me - I have had to learn not to take it personally.
    Making an educated guess I'd say you are the only person not in her immediate family with whom she talks to or texts on that cell phone and even then she doesn't use it to talk to her immediate family more than a few times a week. The delay maybe because the battery died because she forgot to charge it or because the left in in a weird place and didn't here it ding, buzz or whatever. You may think she immediately got the text and and decided not reply for a day or two but in reality she may have spent the last 48 hours inside her head with thoughts of you to the point that she forgot about little things in the real world like making sure the phone was charged and within hearing distance in case you tried to contact her.

I'm sure you've figured out by now that your INTP is not like your other friends, and unlike them she doesn't spend all day texting and chatting and so isn't accustomed to making sure it's charged and near her, and well we can be absentminded at times.

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    To get to an INTP's feelings, just hold them close, letting the warmth suffuse both of you, and then let him know that you value him; that he's irreplacable Don't choke, and be gentle. If I had anyone , I'd want them to do that to me. P.S.: If you're just in high school, don't bother. It's probably just develop into short term fling. If you can sustain a real relationship, do as I posted.
    Wow, INTPs really just want long hugs? REVELATORY! (I knew hugs would save the NT souls.)

:runs for the nearest INTP: Don't panic INTJs. I see the horror in your eyes. I'll save your hugs for last.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Wow, INTPs really just want long hugs? REVELATORY! (I knew hugs would save the NT souls.)

:runs for the nearest INTP: Don't panic INTJs. I see the horror in your eyes. I'll save your hugs for last.
    It's a well kept secret. And one that I'm trying to be a whistle blower for.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post

You are free to hug me as long as you like I will not mind.