User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I could say I'm indecisive in everyday life matters like which colors to pick, which restaurant to go to, which food to order, etc... Or maybe it was not indecisiveness that I experienced. Nonchalance would be a better word. I wouldn't like it when people judge me as indecisive in general when I didn't give any rigid opinion about what to eat, what to pick, which looks better, blah blah blah. They don't really matter to me.

The indecisiveness that perceived by others about us usually could be explained by our auxiliary Fi. To us it's really not important what to pick, cause everything has something good in it. But when somebody demand a fixed opinion or statement from us, our Fi kicks in and makes us sensitive to the other person's mood. We're not sure whether the other person would like it or not if we pick this or that.

Socionics has a very good description about ENFP's auxiliary Fi

2. Introverted ethics

IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.

Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.

IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings[. He does this effortlessly.
    For more important issues or about things that I value, I usually know what I want or think. I could state right away my strong opinion whenever asked. Or maybe I developed my Ti well.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Perceivers are generally indecisive.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm indecisive .
    ^ This proves that you are indecisive.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

To the OP, I won't speak for anyone else, but no.

And if I seem indecisive, it's because I don't see it as important to the well-being of my S.O. or myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    I could say I'm indecisive in everyday life matters like which colors to pick, which restaurant to go to, which food to order, etc... Or maybe it was not indecisiveness that I experienced. Nonchalance would be a better word. I wouldn't like it when people judge me as indecisive in general when I didn't give any rigid opinion about what to eat, what to pick, which looks better, blah blah blah. They don't really matter to me.

The indecisiveness that perceived by others about us usually could be explained by our auxiliary Fi. To us it's really not important what to pick, cause everything has something good in it. But when somebody demand a fixed opinion or statement from us, our Fi kicks in and makes us sensitive to the other person's mood. We're not sure whether the other person would like it or not if we pick this or that.

Socionics has a very good description about ENFP's auxiliary Fi

For more important issues or about things that I value, I usually know what I want or think. I could state right away my strong opinion whenever asked. Or maybe I developed my Ti well.
    That explains it very well. That's how I am.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I'm very indecisive. I keep waiting for new possibilities and even if there aren't any on the way, I still lay off the deciding to the last moment. Then I just do it and later keep wondering if it was the right decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Yeah, especially when it is something important. I'm always thinking about what you can't see pre-decision. There are some things you can't know ahead of time, but you don't want to choose wrong and then wish you could go back. I find that once I commit to something, I am COMMITTED... locked in... stuck... so I'd rather not commit at all. I don't think I'm really fearful of it though. More like... simply opposed to it.
    +1 each

I'm unbelievably indecisive. During the Xmas period last year it took me 30 minutes, 30 god damn minutes to decide what 2 colour wrapping papers I was going to buy.

I'm a libran, not that I put much stock in all of that, I'm just conjuring up an image of what I looked like in the store, standing there with one roll in one hand and one roll in another, weighing up my options. Now that's sad.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    +1 each
    what is this +1 thing I keep seeing?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Am I indecisive?

Crap, I don't know: I can't decide!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

garbage

I guess that's where our decision-making functions have to be given a chance.. Fi when it comes to important stuff, and Te for weighing the pros and cons in an objective fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonENFP View Post
    I can say that as an ENFP I tend to be indecisive. I guess it's because I see the positives in so many things that it makes it difficult to commit to one thing.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by OregonENFP View Post
    what is this +1 thing I keep seeing?
    agreement or "that's what i was going to say"

MBTI
    infp

For me I just see no reason to make a strong decision... like for example if I'm hanging out with friends, why would we make a plan that we just do this or that, when we could just do whatever will be fun. There are always several options and never any reason to stay strictly to one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm so indecisive, I don't know where to start, haha. But yes on the restaurant thing...this is even worse when MAKING the plans of a get-together, though. You don't know who's driving, where you're going, what time you're arriving, and in the end you get other people to compromise while you interject "maybe"s and "I'm not sure"s. It's AWFUL.

But in major matters, I find it much easier to make choices, because my values and beliefs are sound.