User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A question for INFXs

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    In any case, I am glad that everyone is dealing better here now and things were resolved.

Maybe not. But I think it's time for me to take a break from the message board. To paraphrase Economica, "Hell is other INFPs."

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    What a load of shit! Meursault, you had no right questioning Cafe's ability to mother her child properly.
    this would only be true if she hadn't addressed her daughter and her mothering skills on these boards--by doing so, she made it public. and she uses her mothering skills in this thread as a means of supporting her contentions.

At a minimum, if you had any doubts about her attitude on INFPs due to past posts, then you should have linked specific posts and passages so she could clear those up rather than her having to post a long, wide-ranging defense of her love for her children.
    i can link them if you like...

Furthermore, I agree with Jennifer. I've honestly never seen any anti-INFP bias on Cafe's part. Cafe is one of the most level-headed, generous posters here. We all have quibbles with the way other personality types operate. The Fi that drives INFPs has its shortcomings (just like Ni, Ti, and Si). I would be interested in hearing about those shortcomings from someone as fair-minded and clear-sighted as Cafe.
    and this became a competition to be the best poster when? i made one post here, which cafe and toonia took personally, and then i respected both to answer their questions as best i could--even though most of their questions were condescending. however, in trying to talk to cafe, esp. after she posted about how everything in her life is just to protect her family, i admitted that i could not respond to her without bias, and why--the bias i spoke was my own and i admitted it was irrational and unfair.

By contrast, your own posts have mostly been histrionic and brain-dead. I cringe in advance whenever I see a new one.

When you posted your personal attack on Cafe, I didn't say anything because I was hoping Cafe and Jennifer would penalize you or better yet ban you. I couldn't imagine the mods and admins would put up with pit bull attacks like that as part of otherwise reasonable debates, and I didn't want to get in the way or appear to be somehow mitigating your offense.

But since you're back, I might as well provide my own belated input. As you yourself said... "i think people should be honest about what is really going on with what they are saying"
    you may disagree, but i do believe people should be honest about why they are doing or saying something, i was--i was being unfair to cafe because of those posts about her daughter--i admitted it to her. if you want me banned that is fine, ban me.

What utter bullshit!

EDIT: what kind of person posts the kind of message you did to me and then PMs it to the person too
    none of us, no, not one is perfect, and were we to love none who had imperfections, this world would be a desert for our love

Plumage and Moult Array proteanmix's Avatar

Mersault, you don't have have the right or privilege to critique Cafe's mothering skills solely based on the fact that it's in a public domain. I mean, we're not talkin bout Britney Spears here.

She's patiently engaged you far more than what I would have.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

ish red no longer *sad* Array nightning's Avatar

*blinks* I don't know the details of everything happening... but as a outsider I see that this is heading more and more out of control. It reminds me of group attack against SeaWolf in INTPc. I'm sure most of you can recall what the outcome of that was. It's a problem between Mersault and Cafe... surely the two of them can work it out just fine in PM or whatnot without everybody else in the way.

INFj None

True, true. A new thread can be started on the original topic if someone wants to. I think this one is tainted beyond saving. I'll lock it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers