User Tag List

First 1234 Last

no, can we NOT waste another soul, please ???

its so easy to decide type by the functions that have been proven to be significant. just the first two. especially for feeling types, because telling Fi from Fe is the easiest of all distinctions. N from S is much harder. or telling Ni from Ti ... about impossible for beginners. or Ne from Ni ... also 99% of feeling types cant even tell Ti from Te.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    no, can we NOT waste another soul, please ???

its so easy to decide type by the functions that have been proven to be significant. just the first two. especially for feeling types, because telling Fi from Fe is the easiest of all distinctions. N from S is much harder. or telling Ni from Ti ... about impossible for beginners. or Ne from Ni ... also 99% of feeling types cant even tell Ti from Te.
    Well from the way I read it... the person is having difficulties distinguishing between Fi and Fe... hence my suggestion for something different. Ti vs Si.

Most INXJs (myself included) tend to have horrid Si.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I almost always type 50/50, +/- 2 percentage points. However, it's helpful to look at the cognitive functions, and when I do that, it is ABSOLUTELY clear that I lead with Ne and not Fe and back up with Fi, not Ni. That's why I drive some INFJs bat-shit crazy: Although my Fe and Ni are stronger than they theoretically *should* be, and I demonstrate a lot of so-called 'J' behavior, I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever in 5 billion years be Fe dominant backed up by Ni.

Same with the T/F axis, which leads some people to mistakenly believe I am a THINKER. Agreed, I show a LOT more of my T side in real life, so I can see that. However, I definitely back up my Ne with Fi, not Ti, though I have developed my Ti over time.

Look at cognitive functions - it really helps to clarify things.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Most INXJs (myself included) tend to have horrid Si.
    Example, Italics mean Thought:
    *Walks up to a long time friend* Hi.... Oh crap I forgot her name! Gahhh what WAS it!? I hope she doesnt notice, she might, she's an ENFP... Rrrrg!

Much more common example for me:
    I'll be talking to someone, and then I try and get their attention by saying their name. It turns out to be a -different- friend's name. So you try again... and the same thing happens, just with a different friend's name. Repeat until successful or until you give up.

EDIT: [Insert sketchy thought about how Si works here]
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

i believe you would better study extroverted sensing types a LOT, before you should form believes about what Si and Se are. (its a logical necessity)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

this is why i ignore tests lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

i believe you would better study extroverted sensing types a LOT, before you should form believes about what Si and Se are. (its a logical necessity)
    I understand Se a lot better than Si. THAT is the difference

*Edits the post since it probably had sketchy information in it*

Anyways. Usually the Tertiary function is still slow to develop. Knowing your type isn't some scientific Nirvana, but it is useful. The best way to figure it out is just to study yourself objectively, without trying to push it into a box (I think relating actions to MBTI is okay, but it's more a tool than a philosophy)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

i dont really think i can do introverted sensing but my extroverted sensing skills are alright

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Example, Italics mean Thought:
    *Walks up to a long time friend* Hi.... Oh crap I forgot her name! Gahhh what WAS it!? I hope she doesnt notice, she might, she's an ENFP... Rrrrg!

Much more common example for me:
    I'll be talking to someone, and then I try and get their attention by saying their name. It turns out to be a -different- friend's name. So you try again... and the same thing happens, just with a different friend's name. Repeat until successful or until you give up.

EDIT: [Insert sketchy thought about how Si works here]
    I just posted on this on another thread. Amazingly, I still vaguely remember what I wrote:

Beebe's description of demonic Si (8th function for INFJs):

forgetting peoples names, unorderliness, hallucinations, Others ask:"Have you been in this body for long?"

I actually made the following realisation long before I found Beebe's description:

If Heroic (dominant) Si excels at remembering things, then demonic Si excels at forgetting things!

I was going to add something else but it's already slipped my mind. Not to mention, I've "forgotten" that I'm at work and have to go and actually DO some right now!

I once forgot my own mother's name whilst introducing her to one of the senior managers at work. I think I mumbled something like: "and this is my mother, whose name has temporarily escaped my mind....." before turning bright red and wishing I was dead.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

look, if all NiFe people forget half of their lives, like i do, and all FiNe people dont do this, then its worth something for type diagnosis. i am just saying that it might not have anything to do with Si, and you cant know if it has, by reading stuff like that. find out about how esxp and esxj deal with memory, then compare with enxx, only then draw conclusions for functions of introverted people. i would rather say, that Si people suck at memory, and Se people have concrete or even photogenic memory (so do some Ne people). Si seems to remember mere "atmosphere", while Se remembers concrete things. and NiFe people go like this NiFeSiTe and they sure would not like anime and stuff, if they would not be fans of Si. but they would do bungee jumping, if it wasn't their Se that is in absent. the reason we cant do Se is not because we do Ni, but because we do Si all the time. also whenever some NiFe person talks about Ti he is actually referring to the combination of [SiTe]. but for the most part, introverted feeling dichotomy judgers are FiNe people anyway, who actually use Ti, as in FiNeTiSe..... again, if you would care to find the truth, you would not just rely on texts that seem to describe you, but study actual people ... boring extroverted people