User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

ESFPs aren't shallow. My best gf feels as if she'll never be in love again since the man she was in love with died. That was many years ago. She's still not over him. She thinks of him every day. We were talking about him just yesterday because she misses him and feels stupid for not being able to "just move on". I told her to leave the feeling alone and let it work itself out, and that she may never get over him entirely.

When you meet the right man, your heart will go out to him, but that doesn't mean erasing what once was. Balance will be achieved when it's time.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    I'm so curious now, how do things work for you and your partner? I think INFJ + INTP are a good match as the website suggests. I think INFJ + ENTP is a match too, it's odd that it isn't mentioned.

Aww, ew. ISFJ + ENTP sounds like a difficult pairing to me.

Things work pretty well for me and my ESTP I will say that earlier in our relationship we did have to work out the extracurricular flirting bit. It's not as bad as it sounds though, so long as the ESTP is actually interested in settling down; I wouldn't recommend trying to reform one who wants to play the field. The issue we had was that he (like most ESTPs) is very outgoing and playful, and stuff I considered flirting he considered just being himself. He was willing to set parameters to keep me happy though. And definitely putting your foot down works wonders with an ESTP. They naturally enjoy testing boundaries but if you are firm they'll respect you.

On the positive side, I feel like INFJs and ESTPs have tons of chemistry. Even after 6 years of dating we're very affectionate and have lots of snuggle time. He admires my intelligence and compassion and I admire his confidence and ability to let loose and live life to the fullest. As an INFJ I tend to be rather regimented and overly-serious when left to my own devices, but he keeps me laughing constantly and having fun.

I actually don't think I could handle an ENTP in a relationship. I love having lively discussions with my fiance's ENTP friends and they are some of the most hilarious, zany, and fun people I know, but to me they seem a little like ESTPs on crack, and I mean that in the best possible way and as someone who really enjoys and admires the company of ENTPs! ESTPs like to push the limits, but eventually they'll settle down and respect the constraints of a given situation. ENTPs don't just toe the line, they stomp on it and then keep going. Also, many that I've known seem to have some trouble with monogamy, such as our friend who dates an ISFJ. My apologies if I'm offending any ENTPs out there, I'm sure many are more mature and responsible than my fiance's friends so I shouldn't generalize. Also female ENTPs seem to be a different breed altogether; I know one and she is very low-key, I actually mistook her for an ESTP until she took the test with me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Ohhh, how close-minded of you, Lauren! Not all ESTPs (men) are bad guys!
    There are several reasons why I don't think an ESTP is for me. One not being that ESTPs are "bad."

The most important reason is that I can't take them seriously. I always take whatever they say or do as a joke, or think their comments are baseless or inaccurate. Just like I can't take you seriously when you say I'm closed-minded; of all the qualities I possess, that is not one of them.

I think the contrast makes for a good friendship. I enjoy my ESTP friends. It's just that I look for different traits in a life partner vs. a friend.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There's an istp/enfj couple on the other side of the street in my neighborhood who just had their 50-somethingth anniversary. That worked out pretty well.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    ESFPs have in-depth relationships?

Which "depth" are we talking about here?
    When FI is used it can become deep, yes.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

I think that this thread has one large flaw.

Which means that if you have the opposites which are not expressed in their types you actually have two very similar individuals.
    And the differences could be something that will actually make it interesting.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I just posted this on a similar thread, but I feel the need to accentuate it: ENFJ male + ISTP female = implosion. Someone also posted ISTP + ENTJ on the first page of this thread (might have been a typo, though)...and while that could probably work, it's not ideal. One of my best friends is an ENTJ guy. Love him to death and I really admire his differences, but could never date him. While I don't mind someone making every-day, minor decisions for me, an ENTJ would be too overpowering for my taste. Too intense ...when all I wanna do is enjoy the ride and the sun shinin on my face :X

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Things work pretty well for me and my ESTP I will say that earlier in our relationship we did have to work out the extracurricular flirting bit. It's not as bad as it sounds though, so long as the ESTP is actually interested in settling down; I wouldn't recommend trying to reform one who wants to play the field. The issue we had was that he (like most ESTPs) is very outgoing and playful, and stuff I considered flirting he considered just being himself. He was willing to set parameters to keep me happy though. And definitely putting your foot down works wonders with an ESTP. They naturally enjoy testing boundaries but if you are firm they'll respect you.

On the positive side, I feel like INFJs and ESTPs have tons of chemistry. Even after 6 years of dating we're very affectionate and have lots of snuggle time. He admires my intelligence and compassion and I admire his confidence and ability to let loose and live life to the fullest. As an INFJ I tend to be rather regimented and overly-serious when left to my own devices, but he keeps me laughing constantly and having fun.

I actually don't think I could handle an ENTP in a relationship. I love having lively discussions with my fiance's ENTP friends and they are some of the most hilarious, zany, and fun people I know, but to me they seem a little like ESTPs on crack, and I mean that in the best possible way and as someone who really enjoys and admires the company of ENTPs! ESTPs like to push the limits, but eventually they'll settle down and respect the constraints of a given situation. ENTPs don't just toe the line, they stomp on it and then keep going. Also, many that I've known seem to have some trouble with monogamy, such as our friend who dates an ISFJ. My apologies if I'm offending any ENTPs out there, I'm sure many are more mature and responsible than my fiance's friends so I shouldn't generalize. Also female ENTPs seem to be a different breed altogether; I know one and she is very low-key, I actually mistook her for an ESTP until she took the test with me.
    Aw, that's great. Very nice to hear. My Dad is ESTP and I have seen how devoted he was to my Mom. Though definitely had a wild streak and still does. Hmm, I usually never even give someone who is very flirtatious a chance. It's such a turn off, probably because I feel like they don't take me seriously. I normally prefer the attentions of fellow introverts, serious and focused right from the start... intense!

Your friend's situation sounds awful, must be hard to watch them both like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    The best part of that website is this guy:

Haha. Awesome... So I'm not the only one who found the picture so sleezy. It's amazing how he can pose like that and expect people to purchase his product.

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Aww, ew. ISFJ + ENTP sounds like a difficult pairing to me.
    Good pairing for friendship and working though

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

So apparently I need to find an INFJ female, but it looks like the ESTPs are taking them all.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin