User Tag List

First 12345 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I didn't know it had a name....oh.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

no, the most irrational crush i had, lasted two years. but it wasn't that extreme, either.

i was 18 years and the girl looked a little like NataschaMcElhorne. i had never talked to her about anything personal.

i always have a very mild crush on several people. its more like enjoining the beauty. not primarily referring to looks! but as mild as it is, it still affects me, as an attachment.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    No pills!!! Don't numb the human condition - our ability to feel is what makes living worth while.

And besides, without feeling, how can one be creative?
    Amen on that one. But it IS definitely related to neurochemistry and physiology. After all, there are a lot of DHT receptors in the heart for testosterone, etc...

I guess I was mainly wondering which type - INFP, ENFP, ENFJ, or INFJ - most experience this sort of feeling. My guess is INFP, since they are the hopeless romantics and wear their hearts on their sleeves, but i've known some obsessive-compulsive female ENFJs who go crazy like this over men they clearly aren't meant for.

I've heard that both characters in Romeo + Juliet were a) INFP, and b) both in limerance, so that's what got me thinking...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've never had a relationship that didn't start that way.

Sounds like something that's supposed to sound like a problem but is instead just how some people are built.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I've felt something like this towards certain ideas, paradigms, and ways of seeing things. At one point, I think I actually felt something like this towards MBTI and Jungian theory. Other times I can feel it towards a particular style of story, a particular theme, quality, or archetype.

As far as people, though? I don't think so, although the feeling might just not have lasted long enough before I ended up focused on something more abstract and expansive than the person themselves.
    YES! Thank you. I have experienced something like this for a place or two
    and for cultures as well, I believe.

I suppose I have before. Ick.

But when it is involuntary (i.e. decidedly unwanted) I will mentally stab the f*ck out of it till it goes away. Voil. This seems contradictory to my INFP mate who becomes spellbound by this sort of state and lacks the weaponry to destroy it utterly.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Errrm....nope. Sounds irrational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

(Insert obligatory "love is rational" post here)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

limerance <> love
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

i always have a very mild crush on several people. its more like enjoining the beauty. not primarily referring to looks! but as mild as it is, it still affects me, as an attachment.
    Me too, and I thought of it the same way. Now I have a definitive name for it. I guess I experience minor forms of Limerance all the time for a lot of things. From ideas to people of either gender. Limerance isn't a romantic state of mind for me, but I guess it can lead to romance. One problem I have is that my stronger Ti tends to squash The L when it gets the data to do so. I guess it's perfectionism coming in before I put them too high on the pedestal.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.