123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default What attracts NFs to Typology?

So I made a post about this in the MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices thread, but I wanted the specific opinion of an NF on this (Also, they seem to be the most active in the forum.. thus more opinions ).

I'm writing a blog for a friend's web company on MBTI, and I'm inclined to go straight into the topic, differences, similarities, ideas, etc... but for my first post I know I really need to draw people in (Not my specialty, either). So I thought I'd write about why people may be interested in MBTI, and appeal to all the different temperament types.... So why did MBTI appeal to you NFs? What did you learn? What's most fascinating? Any other ideas on what I should include in a first post, keeping it fairly basic?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm fascinated by people...always have been. it amazes me how differently we see the world and getting a peek in there helps me relate to them and possibly redefine my view as well....it's a growing process i think...there just isn't much to learn without different or new perspectives to contemplate.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i'm fascinated by people...always have been. it amazes me how differently we see the world and getting a peek in there helps me relate to them and possibly redefine my view as well....it's a growing process i think...there just isn't much to learn without different or new perspectives to contemplate.
    Ditto.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    This.

Also I felt like a black sheep in the world, that no one else was like me. That I was the "weird" guy. Then I discovered that other INFPs existed.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Also I felt like a black sheep in the world, that no one else was like me.
    Yeah. Reading the results in high school was the first time in my life I felt like I was understood. The fact that some test managed that impressed me all the more.

Now, it's like what Erin said. What makes other people tick fascinates me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, it's an abstract set of ideas (N) that explore the way people interact with one another, and how the differences in the way people process things could affect their relationships and emotional reactions to different things (F).

I would think that NFs would be more drawn to typology than other types due to its being abstract and involving the nature of people, but there actually seem to be more NTs than NFs, or at least equal amounts of both. So apparently the abstract nature of typology is more significant than its focus on people in terms of deciding what sort of people are drawn to it.

MBTI
    INtJ

Again - it's all about the people... Working out how they work, how I work - interactions, the whole 9 yards of fascination really....

To finally have found "my people" and that I am special in a good way makes me feel a lot more valid....

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

being able to understand ourselves as well as the people around us

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This.

Also I felt like a black sheep in the world, that no one else was like me. That I was the "weird" guy. Then I discovered that other INFPs existed.
    Then you discovered that there are other "weird" guys?

Yeah I felt like a broken people lover. I have enjoyed finding that people are like me. (and pretty awesome people, at that!)

I feel like it helps me understand the most effective way to relate to people.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    being able to understand ourselves as well as the people around us
    +1
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”