User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

For me at least, finding out that I was an INFJ put a stamp on legitimacy on my existence, on my cognitive processes. Before that, I had been called anything from complicated to having a screw loose to overly intellectual to 'those head in the clouds idealists', etc...

At first, there was a mixture of relief, exhilaration and a bit of sadness. Relief - as if you had some kind of diffuse and vague illness and someone finally put a name to it. Exhilaration - ah, the journey of discovery can begin - discovery of oneself and of others, but this time, with a detailed map in hand!!! Sadness - because the way this world is run does not seem to favour the introvert... Or at least, that one has to wait for the second half of life for it to favour the introvert...(read it somewhere, don't remember where).

My two cents' worth.

MBTI
    fool

For me at least, finding out that I was an INFJ put a stamp on legitimacy on my existence, on my cognitive processes. Before that, I had been called anything from complicated to having a screw loose to overly intellectual to 'those head in the clouds idealists', etc...
    I know everyone says and probably honestly feels they are "different" from others and have difficulties with being who they are (especially as teens), as did I, have struggled with that since I was... I had cognition.

I can't even say how much sense Typology has given me - these things I've sensed and "felt" out of place but haven't understood or been able to give a name and been thinking I'm paranoid or loosing my mind for good or something - at least got a name.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

To share my awesomeness!
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

For me the fascination arose from reading the 4 temperament descriptions. They made so much sense it hurt. Especially since I felt a certain sense of justification for being the way I was, for the NF temperament, which had caused a lot of trouble at home.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    Bald

I love gazing at my navel.
    Plus it's cool how it all works out.

Qatie:)

why might people be interested in the MBTI?
    My personal experience with the mbti fisrt began when a teacher gave me a test that gave me four crazy letters i happened to google
    naturally people want to learn more bout themselves, but this transformed as i kept reading articles from being just another perrsonality test, to a way to understand the world. A way to understand people. People, to the NF, are intensly important. The MBTI is an amazing tool that can explain charechteristics otherwise unreasonable if left uncharted in an individual. It can explain Large details such as how people express themselves, to why my mother has to be orginiized. It is an amazing tool.

If your story is anything like mine then the MBTI states three things:

1) I can teach you about human nature in all its facets.
    2) I can teach you that you are not weird, insane and merely different.
    3) I can teach you to realise what you can contribute.

Without the MBTI you're back to square one.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Knowing that I had my "head in the clouds most of the time" for a clear psychological reason.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Many reasons. Mainly a lot of discord within myself, but also how this related to others. What's wrong with me? ... Or better yet, what's wrong with others?! I don't feel like a black sheep, I just feel like a purple sheep in a field full of so many colors of sheep. Sometimes I find purple sheep with white polka dots. Or plain white sheep with purple heads. And royal blue sheep, and actual black sheep, and salmon colored sheep with birthday party hats on. But never plain old purple . :/

Typology taught me that the color of our wooly exterior is just a trick. There are only 16 kinds of sheep .

(Forgot the avatar was even there, double win for me.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Self-knowledge, definitely. The first time I took it, it was on an impulse - but reading the results had me thinking for the first time that my personality could be something beautiful. I think it helped a lot in affirming me, because I'd been going through a pretty rough patch at the time; so right now I have no idea if I was an INFP from the get-go, or whether my receiving that result has, instead, shaped me. Which is a somewhat troubling thought, actually. But it definitely helped me love myself more, which is, for anyone, a good thing. (: