• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How often do you hide your emotions?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I always get the idea that T's like to imply F's are some how weaker than them.

Me too. That is why I like to hide some of the emotions I'm having.

But on the other hand, strong T's really cannot handle strong emotions on other people either. They simply don't know how to react. Few INTP's have even escped the scene when I had one of my temperamental moments. :D

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me too. That is why I like to hide some of the emotions I'm having.

But on the other hand, strong T's really cannot handle strong emotions on other people either. They simply don't know how to react. Few INTP's have even escped the scene when I had one of my temperamental moments. :D
I always get the idea, I'm like a burning sun emotionally wise, from other people.
I guess in those moments where my vagueness clears, people see an intensity that wasn't guessed at before, which is why I pour so much emotion in journals, art etc. I really do scare people if they even get an inkling of how much I feel.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I always get the idea, I'm like a burning sun emotionally wise, from other people.
I guess in those moments where my vagueness clears, people see an intensity that wasn't guessed at before, which is why I pour so much emotion in journals, art etc. I really do scare people if they even get an inkling of how much I feel.

That is probably the difference between extroverted and introverted feeler. I mean that most of the strong emotions do show even if I try to hide them (sometimes). Really deep emotions I do hide but it's very hard for me.

With introverted people, they/you seem to be better in hiding their deepest emotions. I don't know if it's true, but it's how I see it. I kind of envy this trait in introverted people.

When dealing with other people's strong emotions I start to feel their emotions and act accordingly.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Vulnerability to me, is a separate matter. It's truly circumstantial. Depends on the context of the situation. I show that side more, when I feel that there is a sense of acceptance, understanding, when it's appropriate.

I don't hide my emotions towards and about other people, I hide emotions from and about myself to others.

I don't like that people can see into me emotionally. I don't express me (I don't mean this in an unauthentic way :F) in front of most people. I express the surface layer easily, just not the core.

Sometimes I'm caught off guard with my non-other-people-effected expression on my face - those are the closest glimpses that most people will ever get to seeing me, to my emotional atmosphere. Then people will get worried and say: "Are you ok? You look so serious".
I've been called "cool, calm, and collected" more times than I can count. In reality, I am a ball of anxiety.

:yes::yes::yes:

I feel things very deeply yet rarely display my emotions. I hold them back because I believe that my emotions are primarily for me. I don't supress my feelings, in fact I seek to thoroughly explore and understand them. Its only that I do it in my head rather than outwardly. You don't have to cry to be sad. And its not like I don't talk about what I feel - it just tends to be in a removed, matter-of-fact fashion. I edit my emotions, so to speak. I keep the raw footage to myself and show a polished, controlled version of it to others. Like others have said, I don't generally make myself vulnerable to others - showing raw emotions to others requires a large degree of trust and close relationship.

i have something to say which is a bit out of the topic

emotions are a temporary unimportant mental addiction isn't it?

i mean the more that same emotion occurs, the more addicted you get to it.

if you are a person ho always feel guilty you will actually be addicted to that emotion.

you will not feel complete without it.

so maybe it is good to ignore your emotions.

i admit that hiding emotions is a bad thing. because when you bottle things out it just pops out.

but you shouldn't be drawn to it.

you should just face it, understand it, and the next time you get it do your best not to be attached to it.

am i right or what?

i have a feeling that the NTs would agree with me more. especially the INTPs
I don't think you fully understand what it is to be an F, just in the same way I can't understand what it is to be T. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it less real to other person. Emotions just happen to us - we don't seek them out. Yes, sometimes people can be over-indulgent in their emotions, but this is an unhealthy F and is not reflective of the function in general.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are signs...other feelers can tell. I have a very animated face, and a close former co-worker said I seemed to communicate in a special code, my way of phrasing things changed (He had to be an INFP/or ISFP as well) when he knew I was about blow my stack (Happened often at that job). I'd be a bit more terse, and preoccupied, and he just feel unsettled without knowing why.
MY ex-flatmate used know when I was upset (I stick one of my LOTR DVD's on and not say a thing). Most people have no idea though, not 'till I throw a wobbly.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I always get the idea that T's like to imply F's are some how weaker than them. However I seriously doubt you could deal with the intensity of emotions I (and some other feelers) feel on a daily basis. You would curl up in little balls and never face the world because it hurts.
Sorry that came across more aggressively than intended, but it more than irritates me when people's emotional states get trivialised. If I could, I would let you walk a day in my shoes, and see how you cope when every feeling you feel has a quite definable physical effect, and see how well you face them then. It's not all in the head. And seriously, you would reconsider guilt being additive emotion....happiness, bliss definitely, but all the negative ones?
Why do you think the NF's work so hard towards pleasing people, and the SF's find so hard to deal to with the darker side of life.
Ever been so nervous, that you throw up? Try living that at level of emotion everyday without letting people know, and tell me it's 1. it's a transient state
2. we like it 3. Feeling emotions is a form of weakness.

Well you are right Ts have that attitude in many cases. Also you have provided the reasons why would they think that way. So I will connect the dots for Fs. (in the case it is not obvious)

Your post looks like pure rationalization of a bad/unnecessary traits.
What you have said is the pure confermation of the "accusation".

I am very strong T and to me it looks like that a number of feelings (in Fs and Ts) are pure masochism.
You say that living this life hurts. But why would someone want it to hurt so often? In your post you can almost sense that you want a prize for being able to live your life like this.
Just because you are able to feel so much that does not mean that you deserve applause for that.
You say that you would like to see us in your shoes for a day. OK, but why would someone want to be in your shoes?
What would they gain by this ? The ability to throw up when they are stressed?

This thread is full of post where people claim that they are hidding their negative emotions. Which is very good indicator that emotional intensity is not something that nice and good.

As a person I can deal with emotionally intense people without too much problem since I don't sense their pain or joy. I admit that this can frustrate them but this is how things are going for me in life.
From experiance I know that I can be in a room with 10 people who are crying because a boy was smashed into pieces(literally) and wonder what this people are doing.
Now I am asking you the same question. What are they doing?
It is clear that they have a need to express themselfs but that is their subjective need. Doing that will not change the outcome.
Who actually had it better in that situation, me or them ?

I am not posting this because I want to be mean to you. I am posting this because I want you to see how this looks like to the opposite perspective.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
As a person I can deal with emotionally intense people without too much problem since I don't sense their pain or joy.

I'm not sure you can. I mean, don't they make you feel confused because you don't see their behavior as rational? I remember you wrote about not understading feeling people....

See - other feelers understand it without trying to rationalize it. And why rationalizing it? Feelings are not rational and people are certainly not rarional even if wanting to be 100% rational.

I think many T's oversimplify emotions and they think they can be empathic by deciding to be empathic.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm not sure you can. I mean, don't they make you feel confused because you don't see their behavior as rational? I remember you wrote about not understading feeling people....

See - other feelers understand it without trying to rationalize it. And why rationalizing it? Feelings are not rational and people are certainly not rarional even if wanting to be 100% rational.

I think many T's oversimplify emotions and they think they can be empathic by deciding to be empathic.

Here is how I see it. I don't understand Fs and how they operate internally.
But the reactions of Fs are quite logical in many cases. People cry when they are sad, they laugh when they are happy and they shouting at you when they are angry.

This is actually the only thing you really need to know. (I am oversimplifing)

Once you know that it is not too hard to trace why they are feeling that way.

I don't see their behaviour as rational but it would be irrational to clam that this is something totally unacceptable. Since this is your natural framework.
Strong T does not feel uncomfortable in emotional sitautions since he/she does not feel the sitautions. The more F you add the more uncomfortable the situation will be for a T. Until you hit the point where the person just blends in.

What makes you think that I (or some other T) thinks that they are empathic? There is no way that I am empathic as a person. The only thing I am claiming is that I can deal with this and I don't find emotions particually confusing.

I don't understand the feeling itself but I understand what will case which feeling and how each person will react to given situation. What means that I use N qute alot here.

However just because I understand all of this that does not mean that I will always respect their feelings. Especially if I see that their feeling leads to disaster/problem of some kind.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When I was younger, I was overly sensitive to many little things. But with age I came to know that other people actually feel the the same way about things like I did / do.

Today I am still sensitive and can be used pretty good as a mirror for your own mood, cause I am likely to adapt it. It just doesnt strike me too hard though, if someone has got a different way of approaching things that could make me feel sad. One day you just accept the fact, there are people that are just dumb.

What is a problem for me though is business life. I think I am going to suck at it like forever. All this pretending to be nice, while knowing they stab you in the back, if they can, really sucks bigtime. I think for my future work place, I have to find a team in which competence is the most important part, like a construction team or software developers. A team that would concern with for instance communication or selling products, I would rather suck at :D

bearette

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I always get the idea that T's like to imply F's are some how weaker than them. However I seriously doubt you could deal with the intensity of emotions I (and some other feelers) feel on a daily basis. You would curl up in little balls and never face the world because it hurts.
Sorry that came across more aggressively than intended, but it more than irritates me when people's emotional states get trivialised. If I could, I would let you walk a day in my shoes, and see how you cope when every feeling you feel has a quite definable physical effect, and see how well you face them then. It's not all in the head. And seriously, you would reconsider guilt being additive emotion....happiness, bliss definitely, but all the negative ones?
Why do you think the NF's work so hard towards pleasing people, and the SF's find so hard to deal to with the darker side of life.
Ever been so nervous, that you throw up? Try living that at level of emotion everyday without letting people know, and tell me it's 1. it's a transient state
2. we like it 3. Feeling emotions is a form of weakness.

as an INFP I understand what you are saying, however I think that the ENTP poster had a point, definitely. i have learned that as a feeler you can place too much importance on your emotions and this is not good. we as NFs have things to learn from NTs. Namely that life is not solely defined by emotions. Getting "stuck" into our emotions is a big problem and is not necessary. I for one wish I had the ability of a T to separate myself sometimes!

also, negative emotions can be addictive. i believe that to some extent choosing to dwell in emotions is a choice. i still have a hard time not doing it though. But i believe there is a balance to strike between emotions and thought. Feelings usually do not reflect the full reality of a situation and it benefits everyone to learn to look at things from all angles. and believe, me, I am definitely an INFP.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Here is how I see it. I don't understand Fs and how they operate internally.
But the reactions of Fs are quite logical in many cases. People cry when they are sad, they laugh when they are happy and they shouting at you when they are angry.

This is actually the only thing you really need to know. (I am oversimplifing)

Once you know that it is not too hard to trace why they are feeling that way.

I think it's more complicating than that and people are many times unaware of their feelings and why they feel that way.

I don't see their behaviour as rational but it would be irrational to clam that this is something totally unacceptable. Since this is your natural framework.
Strong T does not feel uncomfortable in emotional sitautions since he/she does not feel the sitautions. The more F you add the more uncomfortable the situation will be for a T. Until you hit the point where the person just blends in.

Strongly emotional people with strong expression of emotions are very uncomfortable for the strong T's I know (and i have lived with one for almost 15 years now). But of course, I'm making a generalization here (and you were too).

What makes you think that I (or some other T) thinks that they are empathic? There is no way that I am empathic as a person. The only thing I am claiming is that I can deal with this and I don't find emotions particually confusing.

2 things that I have seen repeatedly with some strong T's:
- I can rationalize feelings
- I can rationalize empathy

Some of them say that they got it, they say they understand emotions, they say that they can manipulate people emotionally, but in real life situation you see that they have no clue. So, they have thought it through theoretically but in real life it simply doesn't work. (And I'm making generalizations here too.)

I don't understand the feeling itself but I understand what will case which feeling and how each person will react to given situation. What means that I use N qute alot here.

However just because I understand all of this that does not mean that I will always respect their feelings. Especially if I see that their feeling leads to disaster/problem of some kind.

Yes, but if you don't understand the feeling itself, you miss the core of the whole thing. You see the cause and the reason but you don't see the process that is the key thing.

Respecting other feelings is something else. But do you really pick up other people's emotions just by looking at them or do you need to see what happens before and after to understand it?

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well you are right Ts have that attitude in many cases. Also you have provided the reasons why would they think that way. So I will connect the dots for Fs. (in the case it is not obvious)

Your post looks like pure rationalization of a bad/unnecessary traits.
What you have said is the pure confermation of the "accusation".

I am very strong T and to me it looks like that a number of feelings (in Fs and Ts) are pure masochism.
You say that living this life hurts. But why would someone want it to hurt so often? In your post you can almost sense that you want a prize for being able to live your life like this.
Just because you are able to feel so much that does not mean that you deserve applause for that.
You say that you would like to see us in your shoes for a day. OK, but why would someone want to be in your shoes?
What would they gain by this ? The ability to throw up when they are stressed?

This thread is full of post where people claim that they are hidding their negative emotions. Which is very good indicator that emotional intensity is not something that nice and good.

As a person I can deal with emotionally intense people without too much problem since I don't sense their pain or joy. I admit that this can frustrate them but this is how things are going for me in life.
From experiance I know that I can be in a room with 10 people who are crying because a boy was smashed into pieces(literally) and wonder what this people are doing.
Now I am asking you the same question. What are they doing?
It is clear that they have a need to express themselfs but that is their subjective need. Doing that will not change the outcome.
Who actually had it better in that situation, me or them ?

I am not posting this because I want to be mean to you. I am posting this because I want you to see how this looks like to the opposite perspective.

Antisocial,
I don't take it as you are being mean. We are both here to learn. I'll answer last bit first.
Believe or not, I wouldn't be crying in that room with the ten other people. Yes, it effects me. Children's deaths are terrible, but to be honest, I'd probably be too busy looking after everyone else, and listening to the facts. If it was a member of my family I probably have to id the remains as well, and arrange the funeral. Only after everything had been dealt with could I even began to think about expressing my own grief.
A child's death is a funny thing...it effects people that wouldn't otherwise be affected. It's about loss of potential, an bond being unexpectedly broken, not mention a good deal of emotional investment. It's heart breaking, and well, grief isn't a logical thing. Grief can be like the tearing off of a limb. It's the worst emotional pain you can experience. (sorry if I come across patronising, it isn't intentional)So people in that room (who I'm assuming are family members) are experiencing that. There is no purpose, it is simply an expression of that pain. For some vocalising it, and getting it out, let's them get on with the next bit of business, clears their head so to speak.
I hope that gave some clarification....others might be able to explain better.
I'm not the best person to ask about things like that, as I don't always react as I should....As much as I claim being emotional, I really don't express it well so I do come across as a really cool customer.

Some acknowledgement of my strength would be nice, but no I don't want a prize. Really I'm pretty sure, IRL, it would be really hard to pick me out as a feeler...
My point was and admittedly I wasn't clear, is that it isn't a choice to feel intensely. You do, or don't. It isn't about being addicted to feelings, or being indulgent. It's a physical feeling. I choose not express this because I get misunderstood, in much the way I am in this thread.
Actually I'll come back this....and answer when I have a clear head.
Right now I just want to make it clear, that I personally, don't spend all day mulling on my feelings. I'm actually relatively logical and clear headed because I couldn't do my job by feeling alone. I'm a scientist albeit not a very detached one. Plus you can't read stats through tears:D

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I only don't express my feelings in front of TJ's.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes that is the same with me at times too, some TJ's simply are unable to process too much emotions or tap into their feelings and it spins their head around when logic flies out the window. I'm only referencing this from how my family go tropo because of it sometimes. Actually now its more common with most people that I've learnt to have a cold surface and only warm up to friends I know. Even then I tend to keep emotions to myself.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Hum, around 9 out of 10 people. The 1 out of 10 representing family, friends and people who accidentally witnessed them by eavesdropping or my inability to hide them.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Strongly emotional people with strong expression of emotions are very uncomfortable for the strong T's I know (and i have lived with one for almost 15 years now). But of course, I'm making a generalization here (and you were too).

This also depends on which 3 other letters this person has. But in general this is also quite individual trait.
Personally I am very introverted so I am very detached what means that the the feelings of others just pass next to me. Well dveloped N gives me a understanding that this is how you operate and there is nothing I can really do about it.(while T confirms that logic). While J makes sure that I don't change and adds a certain extra level of distance.

2 things that I have seen repeatedly with some strong T's:
- I can rationalize feelings
- I can rationalize empathy

And your point is?

Some of them say that they got it, they say they understand emotions, they say that they can manipulate people emotionally, but in real life situation you see that they have no clue. So, they have thought it through theoretically but in real life it simply doesn't work. (And I'm making generalizations here too.)

Well, some people are like that.

Yes, but if you don't understand the feeling itself, you miss the core of the whole thing. You see the cause and the reason but you don't see the process that is the key thing.

Respecting other feelings is something else. But do you really pick up other people's emotions just by looking at them or do you need to see what happens before and after to understand it?

I that that you are overlooking one very important detail. Which is that the real understanding of your emotions is not among my interests.
The only thing that interests me are cause and the reason since I need to know how the person will react.

No. I don't "see" other peoples emotions, unless they are really obvious.
But with wider context I easily understand what is on the persons mind.

As I said I ahve no real wish to understand emotions fully since I can't.
I simply have a way too much T to understand people who really feel.
The main reason why I can't understand is in the fact that I can't relate.

Antisocial,
I don't take it as you are being mean. We are both here to learn. I'll answer last bit first.
Believe or not, I wouldn't be crying in that room with the ten other people. Yes, it effects me. Children's deaths are terrible, but to be honest, I'd probably be too busy looking after everyone else, and listening to the facts. If it was a member of my family I probably have to id the remains as well, and arrange the funeral. Only after everything had been dealt with could I even began to think about expressing my own grief.
A child's death is a funny thing...it effects people that wouldn't otherwise be affected. It's about loss of potential, an bond being unexpectedly broken, not mention a good deal of emotional investment. It's heart breaking, and well, grief isn't a logical thing. Grief can be like the tearing off of a limb. It's the worst emotional pain you can experience. (sorry if I come across patronising, it isn't intentional)So people in that room (who I'm assuming are family members) are experiencing that. There is no purpose, it is simply an expression of that pain. For some vocalising it, and getting it out, let's them get on with the next bit of business, clears their head so to speak.
I hope that gave some clarification....others might be able to explain better.
I'm not the best person to ask about things like that, as I don't always react as I should....As much as I claim being emotional, I really don't express it well so I do come across as a really cool customer.

Some acknowledgement of my strength would be nice, but no I don't want a prize. Really I'm pretty sure, IRL, it would be really hard to pick me out as a feeler...
My point was and admittedly I wasn't clear, is that it isn't a choice to feel intensely. You do, or don't. It isn't about being addicted to feelings, or being indulgent. It's a physical feeling. I choose not express this because I get misunderstood, in much the way I am in this thread.
Actually I'll come back this....and answer when I have a clear head.
Right now I just want to make it clear, that I personally, don't spend all day mulling on my feelings. I'm actually relatively logical and clear headed because I couldn't do my job by feeling alone. I'm a scientist albeit not a very detached one. Plus you can't read stats through tears:D

I said the "mean" thing so that my intentions are obvious.
Just for the record that room was a room for funerals. I think that if you are surounded with so much people in tears that there is a realistic possibility that the atmosphere would get to you. (but I am only speculating)

To be honest I was expecting this kind of a reply form you.
At what I am aiming here is that you are rationalizing emotions by observable degree. If you are trully llike this they why did you make the post you did few days ago?
My best guess is that you are not clear about your emotions and maybe your are even uncomfortable when it comes to your emotions.
I am saying this because this is not the first time I see you comlaining about your feelings.

What my point was/is that I am spared of a this kinds of "problems" by quite extensive degree. What saves alot of energy and time.
My "crime" in that situation was not that I did not weeped with them. My crime was that I did not have any real empathy/simpathy towards them.

Yes that is the same with me at times too, some TJ's simply are unable to process too much emotions or tap into their feelings and it spins their head around when logic flies out the window. I'm only referencing this from how my family go tropo because of it sometimes. Actually now its more common with most people that I've learnt to have a cold surface and only warm up to friends I know. Even then I tend to keep emotions to myself.

That highly depends on what are the first 2 letters of a TJ.
But I think that our head does not spin in that cases. We simply don't understand your emotional state of mind.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said the "mean" thing so that my intentions are obvious.
Just for the record that room was a room for funerals. I think that if you are surounded with so much people in tears that there is a realistic possibility that the atmosphere would get to you. (but I am only speculating)

To be honest I was expecting this kind of a reply form you.
At what I am aiming here is that you are rationalizing emotions by observable degree. If you are trully llike this they why did you make the post you did few days ago?
My best guess is that you are not clear about your emotions and maybe your are even uncomfortable when it comes to your emotions.
I am saying this because this is not the first time I see you comlaining about your feelings.

What my point was/is that I am spared of a this kinds of "problems" by quite extensive degree. What saves alot of energy and time.
My "crime" in that situation was not that I did not weeped with them. My crime was that I did not have any real empathy/simpathy towards them.

If you want to know why I made that post than that should be obvious. I was angry, to spell it out for you. It should be rather apparent to you by now, I'd dispense with feelings if I could. That would be my choice, but as it stands, I really don't have a choice. Some one telling me I do have a choice is quite obviously going to irritate me.

I work in medical science, and in the past have work on and off with patients directly, often with terminal disease. I have to display a sense of compassion without crossing the line into grief, or coming across as hard and uncaring. I've seen people dying, even taking their blood as they are doing so, in room full of crying family members, so when I say I wouldn't cry, I really meant that. Some times these are people who I have had some sort of bond/friendship with. They trusted me, and have asked for me, over the choice of my other colleagues, who are decidely less feeley.
My feeling tendencies do have advantages, I gain trust far quicker, thus I get information far quicker, and they consent to things far quicker.

I can't afford to stand there and analyse my feelings, and it's been like that one way or another through all of my life, so if I come across as not knowing how I feel and why, it's probably because I don't, but the emotions are still there. However as I stated above, it does have it's advantages, you may not appreciate them, but they are there. The biggest thing is really, is that both my collegues and patients trust me with a whole lot more, then any thinker I know. They know I'm extremely ethical, and they will know I will make decisions that has the best outcome for all.

If I complain about my feelings, which I do, it's because I feel them with a great deal of intensity. It isn't the fact that I feel, it's the degree...there's no escaping. Fear, joy, desire etc, have inescapable physical effects on me. I do have to stop and attend these things. My conscious self is rather separate from my physical self, but for me there is no getting away from the fact that I have physical form.

Antisocial, If you really can't feel anything, and it seems to me you really don't want to, no-one can really tell you what feelings go where. I think I've stated to you before, I have very little concept of your point of view.
You are a person who feels little, and wants to understand why others do, and I'm some one who feels too much, and would like the relief of feeling not much at all. Not much common ground. If you are after observable feeling then you have to have understanding of the internal mechanics as well (I'm sure you have come to that conclusion yourself.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If you want to know why I made that post than that should be obvious. I was angry, to spell it out for you. It should be rather apparent to you by now, I'd dispense with feelings if I could. That would be my choice, but as it stands, I really don't have a choice. Some one telling me I do have a choice is quite obviously going to irritate me.

I work in medical science, and in the past have work on and off with patients directly, often with terminal disease. I have to display a sense of compassion without crossing the line into grief, or coming across as hard and uncaring. I've seen people dying, even taking their blood as they are doing so, in room full of crying family members, so when I say I wouldn't cry, I really meant that. Some times these are people who I have had some sort of bond/friendship with. They trusted me, and have asked for me, over the choice of my other colleagues, who are decidely less feeley.
My feeling tendencies do have advantages, I gain trust far quicker, thus I get information far quicker, and they consent to things far quicker.

I can't afford to stand there and analyse my feelings, and it's been like that one way or another through all of my life, so if I come across as not knowing how I feel and why, it's probably because I don't, but the emotions are still there. However as I stated above, it does have it's advantages, you may not appreciate them, but they are there. The biggest thing is really, is that both my collegues and patients trust me with a whole lot more, then any thinker I know. They know I'm extremely ethical, and they will know I will make decisions that has the best outcome for all.

If I complain about my feelings, which I do, it's because I feel them with a great deal of intensity. It isn't the fact that I feel, it's the degree...there's no escaping. Fear, joy, desire etc, have inescapable physical effects on me. I do have to stop and attend these things. My conscious self is rather separate from my physical self, but for me there is no getting away from the fact that I have physical form.

Antisocial, If you really can't feel anything, and it seems to me you really don't want to, no-one can really tell you what feelings go where. I think I've stated to you before, I have very little concept of your point of view.
You are a person who feels little, and wants to understand why others do, and I'm some one who feels too much, and would like the relief of feeling not much at all. Not much common ground. If you are after observable feeling then you have to have understanding of the internal mechanics as well (I'm sure you have come to that conclusion yourself.)

The thing is that you have said that you think that T have superiority complex. What is true to some degree.

What I am trying to do here is to show you (and others) why this happens.
You are clearly a persons that feels. But because of this you have problems with functioning normally in your environment. You say you are angry ( and it looks like you are angry) but T think that this is a flaw.
Your skills are needed in this world. But you have to suffer to do what you do best. So I am saying that being a T can quite helpful in life. Since you are spared of this (how ever you want to call it).
Of course there are degrees between, nothing is black and white here.

This is what I am trying to say from the start.

Yes, I have come to that conclusions. I am studing feelings on the surface level. Which because I don't understand the depth of it.
I simply can't relate.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
and I'm some one who feels too much, and would like the relief of feeling not much at all. Not much common ground.

I don't recommend it. Nu uh. Puts me into confusion.
I can understand the viewpoint of Antisocial though. Well, in my own way of course.
Fortunately and unlucky, we're all of unique mind.

The thing is that you have said that you think that T have superiority complex. What is true to some degree.

The thing is, you've written that you believe that T have a superiority complex. Which is true to some degree.

Would bring out the concept better and also give further understanding to your point.
I may be emotional but that doesn't mean that logic is beyond me.

EDIT: I did not mean to be inconsiderate.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The thing is, you've written that you believe that T have a superiority complex. Which is true to some degree.

Would bring out the concept better and also give further understanding to your point.
I may be emotional but that doesn't mean that logic is beyond me.

EDIT: I did not mean to be inconsiderate.

Feel free to be more rude with me since my style of communication is quite impersonal.

I am not claiming that logic is beyond you. What I am claiming is that I have easier time in many situations in life. Since I don't worry and I don't get stressed. Of course my level of thinking is actually disfunctional in modern society. But I think that in general Ts have it better/easier