User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 81

  1. #71
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Life doesn't stop because I'm sad. Just because I'm a little down, and somewhat hazy about my future (my job contract is ending), it doesn't mean I've stopped living life, making decisions etc, applying for jobs. Plus I was curious as to what everyone else does when they are down. No-one in my real life even knows I feel this, plus it's Easter and I didn't get it off, and I'm tired. I can't be a happy munkin all the time.
    The show must go on, so the song goes.

    Don't you get run down (tired) every so often?

    If you say so I will take your word for it.


    Actually just the opposite. I think that I am too inactive for my mental level and abilities.
    In recent months I have started to plan a major offensive in life.



    For me it is not strange to spend a night just thinking about things.
    I also do something similar during a day when I am not into doing things for college. But doing things for college is once again comes down to thinking and analysing.
    It can sound funny and/or narrcisoid but for the most part I am functioning as a machine. So the answer to your question is, No.

  2. #72
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    It can sound funny and/or narrcisoid but for the most part I am functioning as a machine. So the answer to your question is, No.
    Sometimes I read your posts, and I feel sad for you. I know it's wasted, but still you sound so lonely, and lost. Weird response I know....I just get the feeling you feel more than you let on...but you've never gained anything from it.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #73
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Sometimes I read your posts, and I feel sad for you. I know it's wasted, but still you sound so lonely, and lost. Weird response I know....I just get the feeling you feel more than you let on...but you've never gained anything from it.
    I can understand lonely but why lost ?

    The problem with being quite expressed in something is that people will always look at you like you are pure 100%.

    Next to you I am emotionaly dead but I am not actually.
    In the case I am emotionally dead I would never use sarcasm and I would never take one of those silly online tests.


    Also I would never want to get a Ph.D in this case. With some luck I will even get it one day. The thing is that I am not a person with emotional depth.
    Actually I am quite shallow in this area. But the "problem" is that my emotions are well camouflaged with reason so most people miss them.
    Or they fail to recognize them as such.

  4. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Positive emotions come out very easily, expressed in an energetic inspired ENFP sort of manner. Negative emotions get openly expressed less often. If they do, it's often with people who I am close to. Even they get shocked sometimes when I'm distressed. I often get the 'you don't look like yourself when you're upset' thing from them.

    Trying to ask myself why I hide my negative or distressed emotions more often? I think it's because I can usually overcome them by myself quite easily if I just spend a bit of time alone. So why burden a close one with them?

  5. #75
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Hmmm...this is not entirely relevant, but I'm sensing that perhaps the T/F difference could be characterized by willingness to express positive emotions. It seems like a lot of Fs say that they are perfectly fine with positive emotions, but that they hold the negative ones back and deal with them later. I know that for me, expressing positive emotions is much more difficult than expressing the negative ones, and I've heard other Ts express something similar. What do you think (perhaps this has been mentioned before)?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #76
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...this is not entirely relevant, but I'm sensing that perhaps the T/F difference could be characterized by willingness to express positive emotions. It seems like a lot of Fs say that they are perfectly fine with positive emotions, but that they hold the negative ones back and deal with them later. I know that for me, expressing positive emotions is much more difficult than expressing the negative ones, and I've heard other Ts express something similar. What do you think (perhaps this has been mentioned before)?
    If you are asking me then my answer will be that in many cases this is true.
    What could be related with the "fact" that NFs are responsible for keeping a collective emotionally healthy. So showing negative emotions can be seen as counter-productive in many cases and on many levels.

  7. #77
    Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,126

    Default

    I wish I could hide my emotions- but it is always written on my face.
    My BFF says that when I am sad- I look so deflated-it becomes completely lifeless- it's just so obvious.
    I don't give reasons for my emotions and don't necessarily share the why- but I can't help but show the what. Actually I hardly ever explain- people jump to conclusions which are usually so way off base that it just makes me more upset and quiet and makes it feel like sharing to them is useless- they wouldn't get it at all. I am too private in that way.

    If I don't want to be a Debbie Downer and hurt the healthiness of the collective- then I will just avoid people completely- because I don't want to bring down everyone's day or make them feel like they have to cheer me up and cause work and distraction.

    I actually have the problem of hiding joy in solemn situations too- if everyone else around me is sad and miserable but I am in an elated mood- my happiness will inconveniently glow as well.

    If I am annoyed or disgusted- my eye brow can't help but raise and my mouth cringe.

    If I am torn inside- I can't help but tear up and break down.

    I can't turn off the switch.

    I really wish that I could because it would make for such an easier life.

    How I did well at poker I will never know,lol.

    I wonder if I translate the same heart on sleeve behavior on a forum as I do in real life. Although I do share more of the why here- or do I? Hmm. How transparent am I?
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

  8. #78
    Senior Member Lacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...this is not entirely relevant, but I'm sensing that perhaps the T/F difference could be characterized by willingness to express positive emotions. It seems like a lot of Fs say that they are perfectly fine with positive emotions, but that they hold the negative ones back and deal with them later. I know that for me, expressing positive emotions is much more difficult than expressing the negative ones, and I've heard other Ts express something similar. What do you think (perhaps this has been mentioned before)?
    Maybe... I was really depressed for awhile, and I thought I was INTP. Back then, I was more pessimistic and the easiest emotion for me to express was anger/frustration. Now that I'm getting better as far as depression goes, I've found I'm really INFP, and I'm a lot better at expressing myself. I have no problem saying when I'm happy, and telling people how much I care about them. This was almost impossible for me before.

    However, all INTPs, or other Ts, aren't depressed. So it's a connection but it's not...?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I wish I could hide my emotions- but it is always written on my face.

    If I am annoyed or disgusted- my eye brow can't help but raise and my mouth cringe.
    That's funny. I never really thought about it, but I have a difficult time controlling my facial expressions sometimes, too. It has created some pretty, uh, awkward situations for me. I don't need to tell anyone how disgusted/annoyed/angry I am with them, they can already tell from my face. And there are definitely times when it's better to hide it.

  9. #79
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If you are asking me then my answer will be that in many cases this is true.
    What could be related with the "fact" that NFs are responsible for keeping a collective emotionally healthy. So showing negative emotions can be seen as counter-productive in many cases and on many levels.
    Yeah, I think you may be right. Expression of emotion for Fs would be centered around the collective emotional environment. This goes along with what LadyPinkington was saying, that if the situation is solemn, positive emotion would be suppressed...and in neutral or positive emotional environments, negative emotions would be suppressed.

    So then it makes sense that for Fs, negative emotions would be more often suppressed than positive ones, because the majority of the average person's day does not take place in negative or solemn emotional environments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Maybe... I was really depressed for awhile, and I thought I was INTP. Back then, I was more pessimistic and the easiest emotion for me to express was anger/frustration. Now that I'm getting better as far as depression goes, I've found I'm really INFP, and I'm a lot better at expressing myself. I have no problem saying when I'm happy, and telling people how much I care about them. This was almost impossible for me before.

    However, all INTPs, or other Ts, aren't depressed. So it's a connection but it's not...?
    Well all this really says is that you took your propensity to express anger/frustration as one sign (among many, I'm sure) that you were INTP instead of INFP. It could only ever count as evidence of my statement if you were actually INTP .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #80
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...this is not entirely relevant, but I'm sensing that perhaps the T/F difference could be characterized by willingness to express positive emotions. It seems like a lot of Fs say that they are perfectly fine with positive emotions, but that they hold the negative ones back and deal with them later. I know that for me, expressing positive emotions is much more difficult than expressing the negative ones, and I've heard other Ts express something similar. What do you think (perhaps this has been mentioned before)?
    Opposite for me, expressing negative emotions is something I find a hell of a lot tougher than expressing positive ones. ENTPs are notoriously optimistic though, maybe that's the difference there, I don't want the negative emotions to begin with and tend to consider them weaknesses as such I don't want to freely expose to others what I consider flaws. Expressing my deeper personal feelings towards other people is the exception, I tend to suck at that and stick by the whole ‘actions speak louder than words’ deal.

Similar Threads

  1. What is your type and how often do you use emoticons
    By King T in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-02-2017, 12:54 AM
  2. How often do you wash your clothing?
    By Feops in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
  3. [NF] NFs how often do you think about relativity of emotions ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 08:07 AM
  5. How often do you stay for the end credits of the movie?
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO