User Tag List

First 56789 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Feel free to be more rude with me since my style of communication is quite impersonal.

I am not claiming that logic is beyond you. What I am claiming is that I have easier time in many situations in life. Since I don't worry and I don't get stressed. Of course my level of thinking is actually disfunctional in modern society. But I think that in general Ts have it better/easier

I agree that Ts might find it easier and I did find it easier being run by logic and being rational but it isn't as fulfilling as living with and savoring the emotions within and/or those outside.

Though, I did have to meet a person telling me that I wasn't human but a robot. After that, I don't work in the same way any more and I've found something that gives me more than life ever did before. Though, I seem to be less able to relate to that part of my life nowadays.
    That I find unfortunate.

My favorite quote about life;
    "Life is simple but hard."
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    INTJ

How often do you successfully hide your emotions might be a better question.

Anti,

you have a commitment to reason. And you flaunt it.

The feeling isn't immediately on display as a thing by itself, but there's a "reason" you attach importance to the reasoned development of stuff.

Y'ever get pissed off if someone stops listening to something you want to say? Embarrassed if someone lets you go on too long with faulty information? Anxious if you can't find enough of what you need to know the next step of something? Pleased when an important plan you made for someone comes off well?

And do you hide it well?

And here's a weird one: how do you feel when people start telling you they can see feeling in what you do?

For me, I tend to comfort myself by knowing I can chill right down and tear throats out if someone really does try using that "weakness" of mine. (Reality actually proves that really, really wrong, but it's still comforting somehow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    How often do you successfully hide your emotions might be a better question.

Anti,

you have a commitment to reason. And you flaunt it.

The feeling isn't immediately on display as a thing by itself, but there's a "reason" you attach importance to the reasoned development of stuff.

Y'ever get pissed off if someone stops listening to something you want to say? Embarrassed if someone lets you go on too long with faulty information? Anxious if you can't find enough of what you need to know the next step of something? Pleased when an important plan you made for someone comes off well?

And do you hide it well?

And here's a weird one: how do you feel when people start telling you they can see feeling in what you do?

For me, I tend to comfort myself by knowing I can chill right down and tear throats out if someone really does try using that "weakness" of mine. (Reality actually proves that really, really wrong, but it's still comforting somehow.)
    Feel free to start the thread I would not mind. I agree that this is better question.

First I don't claim that I don't have emotions. I don't know why people call me out on that all the time. I just have undeveloped feeling side.

To be honest I don't relate to your questions.
    Which is because I have no real friends. My communication is so limited that in many cases I just exchange yes/no question with people. Most of my conversation doesn not last longer then 30 seconds and they are related to technical exchanges of information.
    I am not anxious around people since for the most part I don't pay attention to them at all. But I am not anxious when I engage them eather.
    The planning part is correct for me.

Usually people just saying to me how "cold" I actually am or they just joke and talk. It also happens that people see the emotion when there is no emotion there and the other way around.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

But because of this you have problems with functioning normally in your environment.
    My initial point was in spite of feeling a little too much, I function very well in my enviroment.
    Noted your points and have taken them on board. I understand where you are coming from now.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    My initial point was in spite of feeling a little too much, I function very well in my enviroment.
    Noted your points and have taken them on board. I understand where you are coming from now.
    I made a bad choice of words. By environment I mean life in general.
    I am curious, if you funcion very well then why did you open "Feeling sad and lost" thread ?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Functioning well in your environment has nothing to do with random moods. I can be feeling depressed or anything and do just fine if not how I would normally. In a work zone I suppress my feelings since they don't do much for me. The only mood that will effect my performance is if it's a good mood, then I'll probably do better, so I won't suppress that.

Depression is a mind state, it's an illusion. I realize that by my not wanting to do anything etc I'm just holding myself back, so I just ignore depression when it hits. This is why it doesn't effect me, it probably isn't the same for others.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Functioning well in your environment has nothing to do with random moods. I can be feeling depressed or anything and do just fine if not how I would normally. In a work zone I suppress my feelings since they don't do much for me. The only mood that will effect my performance is if it's a good mood, then I'll probably do better, so I won't suppress that.

Depression is a mind state, it's an illusion. I realize that by my not wanting to do anything etc I'm just holding myself back, so I just ignore depression when it hits. This is why it doesn't effect me, it probably isn't the same for others.

I can see your point. But repressing emotions can be bad for mental health.
    If done to often and to strong. As far as I know NFs are the first that will claim that.

I think that moods (good and bad) play a role in a degrees efficiency.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I would not be suprised that there is already a slimilar thread.

I am watching NFs(and SFs) on this forum and it looks to me that a number of people is much "softer" then people in reality.

The most obvious conclusion why things look this way is because in reality people really hide their emotions. Probably because they make them vulnerable.

So, how often are you afraid that people will figure out what you are actually feeling?

Also I think that this is one of the main reasons why many Fs can look like Ts in real liife.
    I don't really hide my emotions, but I'm not very emotional. When i'm having a strong feeling, (rare), I normally keep it under wraps very well, not because I am afraid, but I don't think that its necissary. It doesn't make anything better. Sometimes if I need to talk about something, i'll wait for a while to cool off and then i'll talk about it with whoever is bothering me.

IRL, i'm known for being very calm and level-headed,and not known for showing strong emotion (except maybe happiness, since that never bothers anyone.) I'm not very moody, just friendly and cool-headed. Its not fear, its just my way of doing things.

On here, I look more warm because this website is often about discussing aspects of personality and answering a lot of personal questions, and i'm answering them as a feeler. But that opportunity doesn't come up often in real life.

I can see your point. But repressing emotions can be bad for mental health.
    If done to often and to strong. As far as I know NFs are the first that will claim that.

I think that moods (good and bad) play a role in a degrees efficiency.
    It's not healthy to repress your emotions. But it can be healthy to suppress them. You don't deny your feelings to yourself but you don't show them to others. You don't make a public display of them. I don't believe it is always the right thing to indulge your feelings.
    I think this is the balance of Fi and Se for me. The balance between your world and the real world.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I made a bad choice of words. By environment I mean life in general.
    I am curious, if you funcion very well then why did you open "Feeling sad and lost" thread ?
    Life doesn't stop because I'm sad. Just because I'm a little down, and somewhat hazy about my future (my job contract is ending), it doesn't mean I've stopped living life, making decisions etc, applying for jobs. Plus I was curious as to what everyone else does when they are down. No-one in my real life even knows I feel this, plus it's Easter and I didn't get it off, and I'm tired. I can't be a happy munkin all the time.
    The show must go on, so the song goes.

Don't you get run down (tired) every so often?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]