User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

Default ENFP vs. ESFP? What's the difference?

enlighten me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think the distinction between an ENFP and ESFP becomes obvious the more you spend time with them. I hesitate to make too much of a generalization, but I think ENFP's have a VERY deep, curious, serious side. The ENFPs I am friends with have an interesting blend of passionate intensity and lighthearted playfulness, the latter of which can be found in ESFPs. ENFP's dominant function is extroverted intuition, so when you talk with them, you can see their N on display. I don't know any ESFPs who exhibit this.

The extraverted sensing in my ESFP best friend is quite obvious. It's probably one of the biggest reasons we get along so well, because we Se things the same way

He enjoys coming along on my camping and hiking trips. Also the fact that he doesn't think in terms of past or future, which feels familiar to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

hmmmm

1. thank you erinavery! that did help a tad. [hahaha, :redface: leave it to me to start a new thread that had undoubtedly been threadified before] :blushing:

2. hmm i suppose some background would be helpful here. the reason i'm asking is cuz i'm trying to type my two friends.... they are both DEFINITELY extroverted, no question. i'm just wrestling with the rest.... (i had just kinda guessed ESFP, hence the thread title) could someone give me some key ways to spot differences between N vs S, T vs F, and J vs P? i think that would help me more.

concrete examples, por favor. (ex: an N might say "bla bla bla" while an S would say "sha la la"..... etc.)

i know, i know.... there's websites that explain all of this... but i don't want fancy frilly mumbo jumbo.... i want real people explaining this in an easy, blunt way

thanks guys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

weeeelll...i'm thinking you would know as well as i do being that you're an enfp.

do you feel her n? yeah i know that sounds weird but i don't know how else to say it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    weeeelll...i'm thinking you would know as well as i do being that you're an enfp.

do you feel her n? yeah i know that sounds weird but i don't know how else to say it.
    lol, nice

the thing is....

i'm pretty good at this whole MBTI thing, but i'm not an expert... i need some concrete examples of what "N" (or s/t/f/j/p) looks like before i can "feel" it

haha

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay okay...well i just reread that thread and i thought it was good.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Thread is already great as far as examples go. From what Ive seen, ESFPs are more likely to do practical jokes without thinking too broadly about it. An ENFP might think of different practical jokes to do and grab the best idea and run with it.

Just to repeat stuff. Getting to know the person is probably the best way to tell the difference, and figuring out how they react with their surroundings is another good way to tell. ENFPs seem to be more worried about being with people and the ESFP can always use Se to play around with the objects around them.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by WieldingTheSword View Post
    I think the distinction between an ENFP and ESFP becomes obvious the more you spend time with them. I hesitate to make too much of a generalization, but I think ENFP's have a VERY deep, curious, serious side. The ENFPs I am friends with have an interesting blend of passionate intensity and lighthearted playfulness, the latter of which can be found in ESFPs. ENFP's dominant function is extroverted intuition, [B]so when you talk with them, you can see their N on display [B].
    Describes me pretty well. Sometimes, I mask that serious side with playfulness.. because in reality, when I talk about anything deep, it overwhelms people I know when the subject of interest is too intense? They'd rather not 'think' about it. I tone it down a bit. Keep that info to myself and a select few who understand. Being ENFP for me, means I keep my blacksheepness in disguise! :546: At other times, it's really hard for me to act in the moment like some of the sensors I know do. My movements are a bit unfluid compared to theirs. Hard for me to describe.