User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i got called a leach the other day. it's not really untrue. if i don't have feelings around me to connect with, i start to flop around like a fish. i lose my desire to participate in the world and my sense of identity, as a material entity, etc. everything just feels a little too grey, so i think i'll just stay in bed.

movies, music, etc- i'm tired of binging on fast food emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaLucy View Post
    So are these differences between Fe and Fi? I guess is my question or is it just me
    I am a bit jealous that Fi can really hold on to .. feeling or emotion (or appears to correct me if I'm wrong and probably oversimplifying) and I have to go looking for it every 5 minutes.
    I think it is an Ni - Ne difference also. The whole being more decisive, and less open ended. Ne seems interested in entertaining ideas long past their used by date, just in case there is something in them.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    you guys might be on to something. I am horrendous at keeping in touch with people I don't see automatically on a frequent basis in my life. Really suck at it. However, and I make sure people know this, it doesn't mean that I don't think of em, or don't like em. And when we do bump into each other, it's like we just saw each other yesterday, and the click is usually perfectly intact. The moment I see them, and they say one sentence, all the emotions I had with them last time come flooding back, and it's like we were never apart. Occasionally, they will have changed (or I maybe have), and the click doesn't get established anymore coz the memory doesn't correspond with the actual person now.
    It's interesting that you say this and I guess it's an ENFP thing because my son does it as well. However what he does not realize is that it's not always commonly shared and he appears superficial (even with close family) in waltzing in as though he just saw them yesterday. I have routinely witnessed this and I want to take him aside during the encounter and say, stop, assess and then act.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

From what Ive been thinking, the Extraverted judging functions aren't "pure" forms of the function definition. Te is more of a 'How will that help this plan?' function while Ti is a 'Is this accurate? Oop I see a logic anomaly!'

With F, Fe does seem more superficial (And since it plays on people, while Te just plays on data, it seems more leechy and controlling. That is why people envy ETJs and generally get bugged by EFJs, I think.)

Since Fe is more about 'Titling' things and people according to the status quo, and less about an internal passion, it makes it seem more fake and insubstantial. This, I think, makes it more useful from a Director of Human Resources standpoint compared to Fi. Which would do very well in a more, say, Theatrical standpoint.

And I just thought about how Fe/Ni and Fi/Ne get to understand people. Since I'm an INFJ, I dont know exactly how an NFP would do it (I think they're just very accurate at reading how people feel right now and sort of use it as a template for moving forward with Ne)

With Fe/Ni I think it bases it off of a deep Ni-tuition into the person compared to the status quo (Fe finds the one that fits the situation the best and can quickly understand deviations from it. Ni makes this especially useful in a people standpoint). With me, Ni comes first and probes for vibes and Fe comes in trying to find a path to take with them. I have a strong Ti, and that constructs an idea of what the person is. I use Se to move with what I know.

I rambled a lot, and slightly off-topic, but I think it's pretty solid (Emphasize 'I think'). But one last example of Fi vs Fe. I recollected a scene of Africans in their colorful clothing walking in a city. The first thing I thought was "That doesn't fit right..." Then what I think was shadow Fi tapped my mind on the shoulder and said "They're proud of their heritage, you should respect that" so I did.

With Fi they, I believe, would automatically respect the heritage because they can empathize more readily with people on a more close level. (Fi reaching out with Ne - or Ne pulling Fi)

Sorry for the long and somewhat disjointed post, but I feel that the information is useful.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    infj

Many interesting replies

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i got called a leach the other day. it's not really untrue. if i don't have feelings around me to connect with, i start to flop around like a fish. i lose my desire to participate in the world and my sense of identity, as a material entity, etc. everything just feels a little too grey, so i think i'll just stay in bed.

I can relate to this I can.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by LavaLucy View Post
    that Fi can really hold on to .. feeling or emotion (or appears to correct me if I'm wrong and probably oversimplifying) and I have to go looking for it every 5 minutes.
    It's not that she's able to hold onto emotion; it's just that her Ne, on the instructions of her Fi, has her fantasizing about strained relationships to give her the illusion of closeness.

The only reason why she doesn't seem as lonely as you is that's she's able to keep her friends inside her head.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

I also can relate to this.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by batumi View Post
    I also can relate to this.
    Yes me also.... I actually feel like this atm :/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Interesting

I am absolutely horrible at this... if you get a non-work text from me a couple times a month that means we're good friends.