• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] does this happen to you ENFP's? or any other types?

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
i, as an enfp, have a very strong desire to help anyone and everyone and constantly connect with people... as most of you can probably identify with :)

here i am, bored and alone on a boring lonely night.... family is asleep, friends are asleep, can't find anything on TV....

i wish that something tragic or dramatic or adventurous or crazy would happen! (an old friend to call me at midnight with a desperate problem, seeking love and advice.... someone to invite me on a dangerous adventure..... for me to turn the corner and a hundred people jump out yelling SURPRISE!.... a massively dramatic scandal to erupt, leaving me to buffer and console and provide sage advice to the masses......for me to come across a stray kitty and adopt it lovingly, only to find it belongs to a famous celebrity.....) :)

do you ever have those nights? where your current life seems so horribly DRY that you're about to wish for a flesh eating disease or an alien abduction, just to add a little spice to your existence?

what do you do? i have yet to find a satisfying way to recover from this needy funk...

i hate going to bed pissy and lonely and dissatisfied...

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't have any advice for you, but I definitely identify with all of that. I was recently wishing for something to happen, anything...even if it was bad. Unfortunately, I got my wish and my ex-roommate bailed out of the expensive apt. I was subleasing to her and I have to move back and get a better job. So...umm...be careful what you wish for. :rolleyes2:

In a warped sort of way, it's nice to see I'm not the only one thinking like this. My only real answer to it is to always be trying to find some kind of adventure, but it's easy to get in trouble that way.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's a constant struggle. Not enough excitement makes me long for action, and I get stuck in the clouds. Any action I have had is soon over. Naturally, playing video games and such are ways of me escaping into another world, but I quell this urge to be insane with learning new things.. branching out of the norm. Example: Learning how to fix a car.

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
scattershot- that's happened more than once to me :p i know the feeling....... hmm. but god i agree, it's nice to know i'm not retarded and alone in my weirdness here!

kyuuei- it's interesting that you'd mention the whole "learning new things" thing. i do that too! one day over the summer i picked up an old pair of jeans and randomly sewed a fantastic purse! (never sewed before!) but my problem on these nights is sometimes i can't find anything randomly exciting to do! i'm both bored and uninspired. bad combo. *sigh*...... :doh:

i have the creepy urge to contact my old friends......

but fear the repercussions of said actions. (some folks don't take too kindly to random midnight surprise reunions)

any interesting websites? recipes? inspiring deep thoughts? hmm.

:chicken: <-- that chicken makes me laugh!!!

hahahaha... silly switch... :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stumbleupon is great.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally understand that feeling. Makes me escape into another world coz the real world is so goddamn boring (internet, this forum, spiritual stuff, learning new skills,....)'

Worst part is that I cannot get myself to leave that 'funner world', and why would you. All you have to come back to is bills, responsibilities, and more boredom :sleeping:
I also stay up really late sometimes coz I feel I haven't done anythign with my day yet and I don't wanna go to sleep (boooorrringg), or worse, I know that the next day is one filled with boring routine responsibility-things...Why go to bed and speed up the process of getting there *sigh*

Lemme know if you discover a cure for this..coz it does get me into trouble :blush:

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
As a matter of fact, I could identify very well of the OP. Most of the best times that I have ever felt truly alive was when I helped my friends get over their problems, either love-related or just life-related in general. I am naturally drawn to depressed J people. Once they get back on their own feet and could feel happy with their surroundings, I gradually step backward onto the background. But over a long period of time that nobody has problems and needs my help, I get depressed, extreeeeemely depressed :( :doh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Totally understand that feeling. Makes me escape into another world coz the real world is so goddamn boring (internet, this forum, spiritual stuff, learning new skills,....)'

Worst part is that I cannot get myself to leave that 'funner world', and why would you. All you have to come back to is bills, responsibilities, and more boredom :sleeping:
I also stay up really late sometimes coz I feel I haven't done anythign with my day yet and I don't wanna go to sleep (boooorrringg), or worse, I know that the next day is one filled with boring routine responsibility-things...Why go to bed and speed up the process of getting there *sigh*

I kinda share that feeling. My love of art and traveling is certainly tied up with the idea of escapism. Escaping an often boring routine and not being bound by normality.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ me too...i know logically that life isn't just a vacation but i can't get my head out of that mind set.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP

Ugh...yes. I'm fighting against that right now with having to go back to office work. The internet has made it way too easy to escape the drudgery and talk to interesting people all day. I don't wanna go back to the real world. :cry:

Why go to bed and speed up the process of getting there *sigh*

Yep - If I never go to bed, tomorrow can't happen, right? :D

G

garbage

I end up blending the real world and.. a more interesting one. I'll do work or take care of chores or paperwork while surfing forums like these, chatting it up with friends via AIM, listening to music, placing a TV window in the corner of the desktop, or otherwise "wasting time." It makes the drudgery much more tolerable, and Ne makes it possible to deal with these "distractions" and do meaningful work at the same time :)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah I'm terrible with that too. I end up getting hyper involved with something for a while to entertain myself.

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
ahhh i agree! i can't deal with the boredom of this world, so i seek excitement from another world......

but then sometimes i just crave human contact. do you get that way? when i feel like there's no one to help, no one to entertain, no one to talk to.... it drives me completely insane!!!!!

one day when it was particularly bad i was explaining this dilemma to my friend, and i remember i said "can't somebody start crying so i can fix them??" my quintessential "ENFP" line....

sigh.

LunaIndigo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can totally relate to this. I spend most of my class time day dreaming about exciting things or thinking up story lines for my favorite TV shows or movies (me loves fanfiction). Usually whenever we have the fire alarm to go off for drills sometimes I wish it would be an actual fire (no one getting hurt of course) but something real instead of a stupid drill every month. Thats why I LOVE fights in school. They're so exciting to watch. Two have happened right in front of me so I had front row seats.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey, this reminds me of an anime I was watching :The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
But yeah its hard being an N when you have alot responsiblities. Its easy to get stimulation through your senses. But N requires you to engage your imagination. Its like an endless seach for interesting things to think about. But if you don't have time...it sucks.