User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

Default does this happen to you ENFP's? or any other types?

i, as an enfp, have a very strong desire to help anyone and everyone and constantly connect with people... as most of you can probably identify with

here i am, bored and alone on a boring lonely night.... family is asleep, friends are asleep, can't find anything on TV....

i wish that something tragic or dramatic or adventurous or crazy would happen! (an old friend to call me at midnight with a desperate problem, seeking love and advice.... someone to invite me on a dangerous adventure..... for me to turn the corner and a hundred people jump out yelling SURPRISE!.... a massively dramatic scandal to erupt, leaving me to buffer and console and provide sage advice to the masses......for me to come across a stray kitty and adopt it lovingly, only to find it belongs to a famous celebrity.....)

do you ever have those nights? where your current life seems so horribly DRY that you're about to wish for a flesh eating disease or an alien abduction, just to add a little spice to your existence?

what do you do? i have yet to find a satisfying way to recover from this needy funk...

i hate going to bed pissy and lonely and dissatisfied...

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't have any advice for you, but I definitely identify with all of that. I was recently wishing for something to happen, anything...even if it was bad. Unfortunately, I got my wish and my ex-roommate bailed out of the expensive apt. I was subleasing to her and I have to move back and get a better job. So...umm...be careful what you wish for. :rolleyes2:

In a warped sort of way, it's nice to see I'm not the only one thinking like this. My only real answer to it is to always be trying to find some kind of adventure, but it's easy to get in trouble that way.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It's a constant struggle. Not enough excitement makes me long for action, and I get stuck in the clouds. Any action I have had is soon over. Naturally, playing video games and such are ways of me escaping into another world, but I quell this urge to be insane with learning new things.. branching out of the norm. Example: Learning how to fix a car.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

scattershot- that's happened more than once to me :-P i know the feeling....... hmm. but god i agree, it's nice to know i'm not retarded and alone in my weirdness here!

kyuuei- it's interesting that you'd mention the whole "learning new things" thing. i do that too! one day over the summer i picked up an old pair of jeans and randomly sewed a fantastic purse! (never sewed before!) but my problem on these nights is sometimes i can't find anything randomly exciting to do! i'm both bored and uninspired. bad combo. *sigh*......

i have the creepy urge to contact my old friends......

but fear the repercussions of said actions. (some folks don't take too kindly to random midnight surprise reunions)

any interesting websites? recipes? inspiring deep thoughts? hmm.

:chicken: <-- that chicken makes me laugh!!!

hahahaha... silly switch...

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by cheerchick23 View Post
    any interesting websites? recipes? inspiring deep thoughts? hmm.
    I'm no ENFP, but I do have an interesting website.

StumbleUpon: Personalized Recommendations to Help You Discover the Best of the Web

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Stumbleupon is great.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Totally understand that feeling. Makes me escape into another world coz the real world is so goddamn boring (internet, this forum, spiritual stuff, learning new skills,....)'

Worst part is that I cannot get myself to leave that 'funner world', and why would you. All you have to come back to is bills, responsibilities, and more boredom
    I also stay up really late sometimes coz I feel I haven't done anythign with my day yet and I don't wanna go to sleep (boooorrringg), or worse, I know that the next day is one filled with boring routine responsibility-things...Why go to bed and speed up the process of getting there *sigh*

Lemme know if you discover a cure for this..coz it does get me into trouble
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

As a matter of fact, I could identify very well of the OP. Most of the best times that I have ever felt truly alive was when I helped my friends get over their problems, either love-related or just life-related in general. I am naturally drawn to depressed J people. Once they get back on their own feet and could feel happy with their surroundings, I gradually step backward onto the background. But over a long period of time that nobody has problems and needs my help, I get depressed, extreeeeemely depressed
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Totally understand that feeling. Makes me escape into another world coz the real world is so goddamn boring (internet, this forum, spiritual stuff, learning new skills,....)'

Worst part is that I cannot get myself to leave that 'funner world', and why would you. All you have to come back to is bills, responsibilities, and more boredom
    I also stay up really late sometimes coz I feel I haven't done anythign with my day yet and I don't wanna go to sleep (boooorrringg), or worse, I know that the next day is one filled with boring routine responsibility-things...Why go to bed and speed up the process of getting there *sigh*
    I kinda share that feeling. My love of art and traveling is certainly tied up with the idea of escapism. Escaping an often boring routine and not being bound by normality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ me too...i know logically that life isn't just a vacation but i can't get my head out of that mind set.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison