User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Male ENFJs?

MBTI
    INFJ

Does anyone agree with my characterizations?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Well, I still think George is an ENFJ (I'd thought T for ages, but no, it didn't seem right...)

Samuel L Jackson - ISxJ
    Ethan Hawke - not an ISFP?
    Ben Affleck - I kept saying he was ESTJ, but my sister maintains he's an ISFJ
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

What are your reasons for these characterizations?

Could you find a video of an ultimate ENFJ? I've heard Obama, Oprah, & Bono.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

lol - oh dear heavens. The internet myth of Oprah and Barack being ENFJs. That makes me laugh and laugh.

Oprah is so ESTJ it's painful. She's a Te primary, plays at being sensitive when actually she's REALLY not, and uses her Sensing functions to read people. have you ever watched the way she stares people up and down? She used to have excellent journalistic skill, as many ESJs do, but she's gone all fruitcake.

Barack, I'd say he's ISFJ (you can feel the Fe but you also feel the SJ control). To me, he wasn't all that much different from John McCain, as far as personality.

Bono, on the other hand, is much closer. I'd say he was INFJ, only a very off-balance one who needs attention to be validated. He was never the same after his mother died. His head is a mess. A creative genius though musically. What he's doing these days is garbage, but at least he's helping people in Africa.

Well, here's what I do:

First, I determine if the person feels Fe or Fi. That cuts the field by half. Then S/N.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INFJ

Who do you pick as ENFJs?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Cronkle, buddy, therein lies the mystery. The only other guy I've seen that I consider to be an ENFJ is Marc from 'Ugly Betty'.

Seems to me that ENFJ guys "pass" as T types frequently. My ENFJ friend Taco is the only one I know in real life and we strongly mirror each other. He's more forceful and verbal than I am (male energy and all).
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Cronkle, buddy, therein lies the mystery. The only other guy I've seen that I consider to be an ENFJ is Marc from 'Ugly Betty'.

Seems to me that ENFJ guys "pass" as T types frequently. My ENFJ friend Taco is the only one I know in real life and we strongly mirror each other. He's more forceful and verbal than I am (male energy and all).
    That could be the case, I took the test last night and got 42% T and 58% F. I might sometimes come across as an ENTJ I suppose.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I guess it's finding out whether you're detecting true Te at work or an Fe who's bolstered by male energy (which I'm sure appears quite Te under most external circumstances).
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think enfj for ethan hawke seems right. samuel l jackson i could definitely see. i don't know much about clooney to make a distinction between enfj Ni or esfj Si. he seems somewhat detail-oriented to me.

ben affleck as isfj makes sense to me, i can't tell if he's introverted or extraverted, but i wouldn't be surprised if Si was in fact one of his functions. he seems like he's somewhere in the past/in his head a lot.

oprah is evil and i definitely agree with estj. i hate her. barack could be anything, i would say entp seems like a good bet. tertiary Fe to articulate everything perfectly to whatever eye he meets, yet dom Ne to always avoid any potential trap or pitfall ahead. he's fucking intelligent on-the-fly, it's impressive. he doesn't pause like an introvert would. auxilary Ti makes him extremely capable of ready-at-hand detailed knowledge, can deconstruct and get to the essence of logical problems, he's great.

i don't know bono that well, tho i'd guess he's more enfj than infj. i don't see a lot of Ti presence in anything he does, Se seems more relevant as a tertiary function.

i'm not sure what my feeling on the prevalence of male enfjs, but to me it seems like there are probably some borderline infj/enfj males that muddy the waters, and it would come down to the development of Ni and the reliance on EITHER Ti or Se. more introverted types tend to develop Ni in a very different way than extraverted types, for whom it generally shows much much less.

i'd be interested to compare Ni in enfj and entj. i think that would help clarify the differences, since ESPECIALLY in males the infj/enfj discrepency is tough to see unless the person is overly expressed in writing, art, etc. behavior alone doesn't show that much, especially when it involves some type of celebrity status and the lack of psychological health that usually results.

i mean, billy corgan, bono, and ethan hawke all at times fluctuate wildly in the introversion/extraversion spectrum. healthy dominant Fe is kind of a mystery in nf males. it makes them so much more rigid in their ideals than esfj males, which is exacerbated by the fact that Ni types usually have ideals that RADICALLY differ from the conservativeness of Si guardian types.

MBTI
    INFJ

My kingdom for the ultimate ENFJ.