User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Ask an ENFJ

that means you have only 8 types, instead of 16, to assign them to the other 20% of the world population.
    lets part that by 8. leaves us with 2.5% of the world population per one intuitive type.
    no chance you will find a somewhat homogeneous group that is that big.
    i mean homogeneous in the "hey we are soulmates" way.

ah fuckit, i am math atheist. but you get what i am trying to say

MBTI
    INFJ

Personality Test and Types (Jungian Psychological Typology)

that's where i got my facts, it also lists the estimated population percentages.

yes. well i have not yet found someone, who seems to think and act (in terms of character) anything like i do. i resonate partially with some people who have both same or similar test results than i have. i find people with same test results, who seem to be my opposite. some of them may be typed wrong (typed as the same label by a different methodology that may refer to different cognitive configuration), some not.

i say, character and developmental psychology determines about 90% of the picture of a particular person, where "picture" refers to both style of action (motivation+awareness), skills of action (trust,experience), and applied intelligence (moral, or logical conclusions, both usually highly motivated, rather than consequent). type accounts for 10% of the same picture.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not really convinced anyone is an expert on typology...no one says what they base their typings on.

hum, is that directed at me? anyway, i agree there are no experts, only narcissist boomers who sell their 100th re branding of the typology and like to wear credentials on their sleeves. i say, by definition, an "expert" would have access to objective methodologies, to prove the specific theoretical aspects below typology. such a thing does not exist. even the guys at braintypes.com are amateurs.

MBTI
    INFJ

No, it's not directed at you. I met to say on the forum it's a pain to read typology that is either A) unexplained or B) unqualified.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cronkle View Post
    No, it's not directed at you. I met to say on the forum it's a pain to read typology that is either A) unexplained or B) unqualified.
    keep talking like this and the sensor witch-hunt will begin!

most of us have been studying typology for like two months. on message-boards people share/pool opinions, ideas, experiences, etc. if my shit were finished, i would make you buy it to read it. check the msrp on the back-cover.

also, the information is out there if you want to read it. people do not feel obligated to re-type the same long-winded explanations over and over and over. it becomes frustrating for everyone. i am too self-indulgent myself. the search function is one of humanity's greatest accomplishments.

you are correct in realizing that this is all just a guessing game.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    keep talking like this and the sensor witch-hunt will begin!

most of us have been studying typology for like two months. on message-boards people share/pool opinions, ideas, experiences, etc. if my shit were finished, i would make you buy it to read it. check the msrp on the back-cover.

also, the information is out there if you want to read it. people do not feel obligated to re-type the same long-winded explanations over and over and over. it becomes frustrating for everyone. i am too self-indulgent myself. the search function is one of humanity's greatest accomplishments.

you are correct in realizing that this is all just a guessing game.
    It doesn't bother to read guesswork? I have read a couple books on it, now I'm interested in typing people: why would I want to read something by someone that doesn't know what they're doing? People just say, oh, so-and-so is ENFP, but they don't explain the traits. What I'm wishing I saw were explanations, even if guided by intuition.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Have you ever found yourself in the strange position of playing games with everyone around you?
    Have you ever felt that you might be wiser than your peers and tried to make them grow into something more [insert preference of word]?
    Have you ever found yourself in a power position, and used whatever knowledge you had at the time to accomplish your dreams/ideas?

Umm. I didn't read all of it until now but I feel I didn't really get those questions answered... correctly.
    It was as if something lacked, but what do I know.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cronkle View Post
    It doesn't bother to read guesswork? I have read a couple books on it, now I'm interested in typing people: why would I want to read something by someone that doesn't know what they're doing? People just say, oh, so-and-so is ENFP, but they don't explain the traits. What I'm wishing I saw were explanations, even if guided by intuition.
    not really. it bothers me when i have to waste time reading things that don't apply or help me, but then i just skim and the problem is solved. explanations are exhausting and Nts are generally better at that than Nfs... when they want to be (!). we sense very subjective patterns and act on them even before we can articulate or explicate them.

also, it bothers me when i think the guesswork of others is really terrible guesswork, when i do not like their perceptions, etc. but seriously, who am i to say that? take the good with the bad, i guess. and so far there's probably been 10-15 speakers who are consistently helpful and relevant for me. the connection helps improve my quality of information and detect patterns in a much more empirically interesting way. also, the connection FEELS good.