Thread: INFJ Trouble

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Or perhaps you have a misunderstanding of INFJ, or have elevated them too much in your mind, and don't want to face the possibility that INFJ's can have negative sides to them.

I don't feel I'm in a position to judge what type she is based on what Orangey writes, but would go off of Orangey's decisions on her type before my own, since Orangey actually knows her! I think most of us are just answering questions based on our own experiences and how WE process/react to things.
    I agree with this. I don't have the first clue what type she is, just speculative bs so far....could be something totally different than what's been said. INFJ's and ISFJ's can both have negative traits. Their weaknesses, at least on this personality page, makes them hard to differentiate when they are out of wack.

ISFJ Relationships
    INFJ Relationships

Reading the weaknesses of both, I think both personality types have difficulty answering, "What do you want?" when referring to a relationship or friendship. 2 cents.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    The other social custom I hate is the "So, how was your weekend?" My inside response is, "What the fuck are you talking about? What's the difference between the weekend and the weekday? Like really? Not that hell of a lot!" As well, it's only a select few I would talk to about such things anyway, and I almost feel like random people asking that question are just prying and looking for dirt on me, so I'm dismissive, but curteous.
    This is the first time I've ever seen another human being who finds it unbearable when somebody asks how their weekend was. I react to it exactly the same as you describe. That and "Do you have any big plans for the weekend?" to which I want to say "Are you writing a book?" or "Can you just leave me alone, please?" or sometimes I just make stuff up. "Yes, I'm going bungee jumping on Saturday and on Sunday I plan to rob a bank. And you?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Chuckle chuckle, I love that! LMAO!

I KNOW RIGHT?

Like what the crap? When they ask those stupid questions I'm thinking, "Do you have anything useful to say before I close the door?" FRAK!

As the door closes...."I'm driving my lunar rover through the sea of tranquility!" (Door shuts, fade out to credits)

Tiltyred so added to friends list.

8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Chuckle chuckle, I love that! LMAO!

I KNOW RIGHT?

Like what the crap? When they ask those stupid questions I'm thinking, "Do you have anything useful to say before I close the door?" FRAK!

As the door closes...."I'm driving my lunar rover through the sea of tranquility!" (Door shuts, fade out to credits)

Tiltyred so added to friends list.
    Yeah, but ... it's not adaptive, the response we have ... I mean, when you give someone The Eyes Of Hate because they ask about your weekend, it comes off as a little unbalanced...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

You don't compartmentalize? You can't cover those internal feelings of annoyance with outward curtesy? It's a matter of personal tact for their benefit. It may be disingenuous, but at least it avoids that conflict you're describing. Man, if I didn't have my internal filter cranked up in some situations and left my heart on my sleeve, I'd piss people off, worse than the few I've upset on this site.

8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

You don't compartmentalize? You can't cover those internal feelings of annoyance with outward curtesy? It's a matter of personal tact for their benefit. It may be disingenuous, but at least it avoids that conflict you're describing. Man, if I didn't have my internal filter cranked up in some situations and left my heart on my sleeve, I'd piss people off, worse than the few I've upset on this site.

Being very honest, my composure is cracking lately. But yeah, I can play along for a bit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Or when people that I haven't seen in a long time greet me with excitment in that high pitched voice, "Hey, how you doin'?" and then I respond in a high pitched voice, "Not bad, how you been?" wondering why the hell I'm talking like this out of courtesy to that initial excited approach. I'm guilty of being on both ends of that situation, come to think of it, especially when I've had too much coffee....lol.

8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Or when people that I haven't seen in a long time greet me with excitment in that high pitched voice, "Hey, how you doin'?" and then I respond in a high pitched voice, "Not bad, how you been?" wondering why the hell I'm talking like this out of courtesy to that initial excited approach. I'm guilty of being on both ends of that situation, come to think of it, especially when I've had too much coffee....lol.
    "

Step away from the cappuchino!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

hahaha

8w9 EIE

Maybe it's time for you and your INFJ friend to discuss MBTI theory? It might help her to understand your intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Eh, it's not like I'm an obnoxious loud-mouth constantly blurting out sexual innuendo jokes or anything. I just sometimes make light of ridiculous things that I observe in people, places, things and ideas, usually in a quiet and inconspicuous way that only those nearest me would pick-up on. It usually helps ME ease into communication with others.
    Even with ENTP's, I think their dominant Ne and just being more people-oriented as extraverts takes some of the edge off of their Ti. I've sarcastically made light of things to an ENTP philosophy professor and also an ENTP colleague because I knew they were ENTP's. They were somewhat shocked and slightly abraded by my comments, even though they understand MBTI and even know I'm an INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'm trying hard not to offend others too much nowadays, because as silly an endeavor as I think this ultimately is, it's honestly something that's necessary if you want to deal effectively with people, which is necessary for my (or basically any) career. Plus I would like some friends here and there.
    For much of my life, I balanced my T with introversion, but soon discovered that's not really the best way. I found that if I let Ne deal with the external world and interactions with people, things were much easier and even more fun. I think much of this is because Ne allows me to see things from more of an F perspective. Focusing more on Ne also made me more extraverted in general.