• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ Teacher

G

Glycerine

So i have this teacher that I think may be an ENFJ and I'm rather curious about it.
-He seems fairly laidback.
-He tries to make problems up on the spot but he tends to screw up because he always seems to be thinking several steps ahead (Ni?)
-He's very gregarious and outgoing but at the same time seems to be very private (I know more about my other teachers than him)
-He pretty much tries to connect w/ all his students and is highly empathetic (someone in the class bombed one of his tests and he was empathizing and trying to make them feel better)
- He always says things like "you guys should do it for the good of your classmates" ,makes sure that everybody is doing alright, and seems to acknowledge pretty much everyone in the halls and stuff (Fe?)
-He seems to be VERY good at reading people and their emotions.

Does he sound like an ENFJ?

Snow Turtle

The only letter that I'm certain of is F.
Sounds like an ENFJ from the things you've pieced together but it can be attributed to other things. E.g. A high Fi user can also take on those values. What other information do you know about him?

G

Glycerine

The only letter that I'm certain of is F.
Sounds like an ENFJ from the things you've pieced together but it can be attributed to other things. E.g. A high Fi user can also take on those values. What other information do you know about him?
- Well, the one thing that I was really sure was that he was an E because he is one of the most outgoing and personable teachers that I've ever had. He doesn't have the expressed enthusiasm and go on multiple tangents that I've noticed many EXXPs tend to have... he pretty much stays on topic.
- He likes to crack a lot of jokes and likes to playfully tease a lot of his students, He will also pick people on random to give him an answer and will say a lot of his thoughts out loud.
-Sorry if this sounds so stereotypical but I don't think he's an SJ because he bent the rules to let one extra student in over the class limit and he doesn't seem all that detail- oriented because he sometimes writes the formulas wrong and misses up on his calculations a lot. He said that he screws up w/ the simplest math (like addition) but excels at the highest level of calculus.
-However, he will notice things about people. For example, I was spacing out and concentrating on the board for awhile and I could tell he's staring at me through my peripheral vision so I start laughing and I look him and he says "so how about all those numbers sprawled on the board?" (Se?)
- He also looks like he's in his late 30's but he's probably near his 50s (no gray hair, gelled up, and looks very fit...S-ish) so who knows?

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
- Well, the one thing that I was really sure was that he was an E because he is one of the most outgoing and personable teachers that I've ever had. He doesn't have the expressed enthusiasm and go on multiple tangents that I've noticed many EXXPs tend to have... he pretty much stays on topic.
- He likes to crack a lot of jokes and likes to playfully tease a lot of his students, He will also pick people on random to give him an answer and will say a lot of his thoughts out loud.
-Sorry if this sounds so stereotypical but I don't think he's an SJ because he bent the rules to let one extra student in over the class limit and he doesn't seem all that detail- oriented because he sometimes writes the formulas wrong and misses up on his calculations a lot. He said that he screws up w/ the simplest math (like addition) but excels at the highest level of calculus.
-However, he will notice things about people. For example, I was spacing out and concentrating on the board for awhile and I could tell he's staring at me through my peripheral vision so I start laughing and I look him and he says "so how about all those numbers sprawled on the board?" (Se?)
- He also looks like he's in his late 30's but he's probably near his 50s (no gray hair, gelled up, and looks very fit...S-ish) so who knows?

Oh my lord sounds just like me I mean seriously just like and me and I'm crazy, stupid, completely an ENFJ (sigh)

He sounds like me the male version and yes I'm a teacher. :)

Snow Turtle

Sounds like an ENFJ. Concluded: ENFJ.

The teaching profession seems to be dominated by EXXJs/EXFJs. Oh dear for the introverted peoples.

He has said his "default setting" is pretty reserved and distant because he doesn't like people reading him like an open book. Can you relate to this, ENFJs?

This seems to apply to most FJs. What about yourself?

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sounds like an ENFJ. Concluded: ENFJ.

The teaching profession seems to be dominated by EXXJs/EXFJs. Oh dear for the introverted peoples.

This seems to apply to most FJs. What about yourself?

The interesting thing is I immediately pick up on my introverted students and I absolutely adore them and help them learn how to cope in an E world. I really resent when people assume that because you're an E you expect everyone else to behave that way. They are usually my favorite students. The E's tend to exhaust me. :p

I had mostly introverted teachers during my lifetime actually most ISTJ's and maybe one NF that I can think of. the rest ISFJ's and ESFJs I think I had one INTJ...he was good..but had such a stick up his.... :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The types that my teachers have been have been pretty random to be honest. I don't really see much of a correlation. I've had... ISTJs, INTPs, INFPs, INFJs, INTJs, ENFPs, ESTPs and ESFPs as teachers where I am.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've been thinking about this for one of my teachers as well.. That WHAT on earth is he :laugh: I get ENFJ vibes from him... And can relate a lot to what you wrote.

He has said his "default setting" is pretty reserved and distant because he doesn't like people reading him like an open book. Can you relate to this, ENFJs?

It is so weird, because at the same time he's so warm, but is the most private teacher I have, like he doesn't reveal almost any personal information (other than what could be used as a lighting example for his students about something concerning the subject).

And he has that dreadful soul piercing gaze.

I will tell my students ALL about my outside life but no really personal things. they get a kick out of my coming in dressed in my snowboarding gear and making them write a story about their snowboarding teacher...they love hearing about my mom and dad and the antics of my nieces and nephews but they have NO idea about my actual personal life because they don't need to know. I tell them just what I have to to make sure they know I'm human and that's it.

As for the dreadful soul piercing gaze they HATE when I look at them if they are doing something they should not or something...they say...Ms. H don't look at me like that. (I think it's much more effective then yelling or geting upset) ha! I work my soul piercing gaze to death! :)

Snow Turtle

The interesting thing is I immediately pick up on my introverted students and I absolutely adore them and help them learn how to cope in an E world. I really resent when people assume that because you're an E you expect everyone else to behave that way. They are usually my favorite students. The E's tend to exhaust me. :p

Whoops. :blush:
My bad. What I meant was being an introverted teacher in what seemed to be an extraverted profession. (Not a teacher, but contemplating.) Anyhow I think it's awesome that you cater to our needs! Wouldn't have expected any less from a teacher, especially a fellow Fe user. :wubbie:

I had mostly introverted teachers during my lifetime actually most ISTJ's and maybe one NF that I can think of. the rest ISFJ's and ESFJs I think I had one INTJ...he was good..but had such a stick up his.... :)

The types that my teachers have been have been pretty random to be honest. I don't really see much of a correlation. I've had... ISTJs, INTPs, INFPs, INFJs, INTJs, ENFPs, ESTPs and ESFPs as teachers where I am.

Looks like I had an inaccurate picture. That's good, consider it updated. :)

G

Glycerine

Oh my lord sounds just like me I mean seriously just like and me and I'm crazy, stupid, completely an ENFJ (sigh)

He sounds like me the male version and yes I'm a teacher. :)

You should be proud! If there are any more ENFJs like you guys, then I would love to meet them. He's probably one of my favorite teachers. :D

G

Glycerine

Also, it is kind of funny because I'm an INFJ so it seems like we're a little suspicion of each other and we can both sense it. (I can tell when he's staring at me to read me but I act oblivious to it and vice versa) It's just an interesting dynamic because it seems like we can see right through each other at times.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Also, it is kind of funny because I'm an INFJ so it seems like we're a little suspicion of each other and we can both sense it. (I can tell when he's staring at me to read me but I act oblivious to it and vice versa) It's just an interesting dynamic because it seems like we can see right through each other at times.

Excatly the same.