User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Anger grrr argh.

So when I get angry I find that people often just ignore me or make jokes or just don't take me seriously. And it makes even angrier, its like my feelings don't matter to anyone and if I'm having a shitty day who gives a fuck. but someone can come in and complain about a nail being broken and everyone sympathizes it's like not that I'm complaining but, why is it no matter what I'm not taken seriously? it's like I'm constantly ignored I'm pretty much invisible and no one seems to notice that i even exist in the real world. Constantly being told that what I'm saying is ridiculous or having other people laugh, i swear this is how insane crazy dictators are created. Just simply like I don't deserve to be counted in this world that I'm not allowed to know things that I'm invisible and what I do doesn't matter, because it's just going to be ignored anyways.

sorry just very very frustrated with the world right now.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think I've experienced that sort of stuff at least once in my life. When talking with some real close-minded SJs.

I'd say the only real way around it, is to control your anger. Showing other people their comments don't affect you most of the time, will actually make the times you do show your anger/dissappointment stand out. If you make sure you only snap when it's a matter of real importance, people will stop associating that kind of behavior with your person and start threading more carefully when talking about certain topics.

Now I'm not saying you are getting worked pissed off over nothing, but there are somethings we can't change.The only thing we can change for sure is our behavior. The only true remedy to avoid stupid people to misunderstand you 24/7, is to stop talking with them. In the end, some people are just plain dumb.

MBTI
    yupp

that's the thing I rarely show anger in real life. I rarely ever complain to people about my problems in real life. I mean people have said "Oh I don't think I've seen her get angry or complain once"
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ISFJ

Oh, so you have a heard time conveying anger, is that it? Or are you talking about online, or something else?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So when I get angry I find that people often just ignore me or make jokes or just don't take me seriously. And it makes even angrier, its like my feelings don't matter to anyone and if I'm having a shitty day who gives a fuck. but someone can come in and complain about a nail being broken and everyone sympathizes it's like not that I'm complaining but, why is it no matter what I'm not taken seriously? it's like I'm constantly ignored I'm pretty much invisible and no one seems to notice that i even exist in the real world. Constantly being told that what I'm saying is ridiculous or having other people laugh, i swear this is how insane crazy dictators are created. Just simply like I don't deserve to be counted in this world that I'm not allowed to know things that I'm invisible and what I do doesn't matter, because it's just going to be ignored anyways.

Why do you think no one takes your seriously? Do you mean on here or in real life?

Perhaps they were trying to cheer you up with the joke, but I do admit that can get annoying if you don't feel up to it.

Regarding the ignoring thing, I often feel that people ignore me or don't realize I exist. In fact, that's why I was sure I was introverted for awhile, because I took those cues and basically withdrew from others.

Later on I found out that these people did not necessarily ignore me. But they don't always give you the support, attention, or feedback that you need. That can be a royal pain in the butt. Hang in there...we luv ya.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Oh, so you have a heard time conveying anger, is that it? Or are you talking about online, or something else?
    not online i bitch too much online not to be ignored. I'm talking real life, and maybe that's it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ISFJ

Cursing never fails. Unless you curse a lot. The important thing is to do something you don't normally do when you are not angry (duh )

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I think the reason why people don't take you and perhaps other infp's seriously when they're angry is because they are so freaking adorable when they get angry. I just want to hug them. They have this way of getting really fussy and saying "woe is me!" The fact is that most people don't pick up on that. They don't see it as you getting angry (I have some Uber-Fe )

Most people think that everyone should take action if there angry and try to control the situation by influencing events or people. If you care that much then you should be proactive about resolving the issue. I've run into a few infps in the last few weeks that have had there own troubles and I've taken it upon myself to be proactive for them and help if I can. I don't lose any sleep if I can't help but I do my darndest!
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Prpl, I find a quick punch in the skull, or a kick to the knee of whomever angers me, helps me calm down.

Of course, for you, may I suggest you invest in a nice Craftsman hammer. They'll stop ignoring you.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

maybe if you titled this differently, it would get a lot more responses. because i'm sure you're not alone, and i'm sure there isn't a lack of people on this board who would love to address this issue with you.

that said, i picked up that you were angry, but it came off as more 'just frustrated'. like a nap would help. not a dropkick to someone's throat.

ever really cut loose and let someone who seriously had it coming have it full force? or at least 80% force?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery