User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Shinzon, have you seen this wonderful little article by Lenore Thomson? It is in accordance with your understanding of the relationship between the brain and the type functions (and with which I am entirely in agreement):

http://www.greatlakesapt.org/uploads/media/beebe1.PDF
    I had not read this specific paper, however I have read her book Personality Type: An Owner's Manual. Thank you for this.

The fact that activity cannot travel diagonally between brain hemispheres is a pretty good explanation for why you can only have a function's extraverted or intraverted counterpart consciously and actively working on a problem at a time without first shifting it through another cognitive function.

Would you happen to have any more information on the link between brain science and Jungian psychology?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Psh, why even do this about INFJs anyways? I barely even think about how I look!

..... Well.... Except during those narcissistic moments when I stare at my face in the bathroom mirror (It's the only time I look good, pictures make me look like a dork )

Anyways. I'm slim (Very), tall (Though its kinda average for my area, six feet, give or take), and have that deep pensive look.

INTPs have a sort of dreamy look if it's casual daydreaming, but more a focused calculating look when working on something. As if their mind has latched onto the work and is picking it apart.

Differently, I feel like I'm letting the information slosh around in my head while the polishing stones that are my Ti smooth out the ideas so I can better understand them.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Morrissey!!!

He always has this martyr look on his face, hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy... View Post
    I did not realise than type was related to build and facial features etc.
    As a kid I always got called 'moonface'. Do you INFJs out there match this description?
    lol

An ex of mine nicknamed me Moonface.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

i doubt that other stuff...... but there's definitely something about their eyes. They always have this sort of "I'm insane, but I can see your soul" look to them. It's cool because I thought only I could do that!

MBTI
    INFJ

Okay, just for the fun of it!

'INFJs have a very characteristic dispassionate facial expression.

True for me. I put on my inscrutable look when walking downtown. But when I am lost in thought, I don't bother checking out how my face looks to others, probably NOT dispassionate.

'This is often reminiscent of the depiction of saints and martyrs from early Christian icons.'

Na, I use a lot of body language and have a fairly expressive face in conversation with intimates.

'Their faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not.'

We're always working through something!!!

'INFjs faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent.'

BS.

INFjs do not show intense positive emotions, instead they simply smile. All their facial expressions openly reproach nefarious happenings. The same can be noticed in their intonation. In many cases INFjs have a slim, ascetic figure.

Slim? Yes.

'Their movements are often quite harsh although not lacking mobility.'

Harsh? Hmm, I have to check whether I look like I am bulldozing through a china shop.

INFjs with more fuller figures are less mobile and active. When walking, INFjs may keep their feet close and parallel to the ground, maintaining a short distance between each step.'

Na, long strides, very fast, very purposeful, very 'I got somewhere to go'. Depending on what I wear though, I can look very feline. Not saying sexy, I mean feline, like a nonchalant cat with latent animal energy.

MBTI
    INFP

Actually now that I think about it, there's something not so ridiculous about it.
    People react differently to different shapes, sizes, features and will probably have a first impression based on that data. Afterward, they may choose to express it and get a reaction from the person who had been "assessed" and that may in a way shape a small or big part of their personality. Let me take a gross example:
    Someone who is incredibly strong, largely built might rouse fear in people although he or she isn't actually a threat. How is he/she going to react to people's reaction? Maybe he or she will get tired of proving he/she isn't a bully and become withdrawn or maybe he/she will persevere in her/his efforts and act friendly, entertaining try to look approachable.
    I know it's a kind of far fetched.
    I wouldn't dare say it "defines" character traits but there might be a little something to it after all.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Actually now that I think about it, there's something not so ridiculous about it.
    People react differently to different shapes, sizes, features and will probably have a first impression based on that data. Afterward, they may choose to express it and get a reaction from the person who had been "assessed" and that may in a way shape a small or big part of their personality. Let me take a gross example:
    Someone who is incredibly strong, largely built might rouse fear in people although he or she isn't actually a threat. How is he/she going to react to people's reaction? Maybe he or she will get tired of proving he/she isn't a bully and become withdrawn or maybe he/she will persevere in her/his efforts and act friendly, entertaining try to look approachable.
    I know it's a kind of far fetched.
    I wouldn't dare say it "defines" character traits but there might be a little something to it after all.
    <--------

Believe it, I get tired of everyone thinking I am going to beat them to death if they don't do what I want. If I talk first, I make a joke about myself so they are more at ease.

Funny, adults are paranoid, but kids and animals love me. Perhaps the adults should pay more attention to their reactions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Morrissey!!!

He always has this martyr look on his face, hahahaha!
    "...if a ten ton truck kills the both of us, to die by your side..."

same goes for Woody Allen!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    "...if a ten ton truck kills the both of us, to die by your side..."

same goes for Woody Allen!
    Morrissey does the martyr swoon:

Woody Allen goes for the inner peace while being tortured look:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe