• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Dating advice

armyrebel4

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I am an ISFJ and am also a new member. I recently have been going with this girl for about a month now and she just revealed to me she is an INFJ. As I read about it more, it's a rare personality type. What would be some of the ways I could connect with her more and show that I care about her to bring things to a deeper level? I have a masters degree in public administration and a bachelors degree in interdisciplinary studies w/ a minor in public administration. She has a masters degree in English Lit and was a double major in English and Religious Studies. She is slow to open up but I think things are going pretty well so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :coffee:

Erik

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi there! Nice to meet you. I'm finishing my MPA at FSU real soon. My wife is an INFJ. They are a rare type, and have some really unique personality traits that are best if you understand what they are and they can manifest. Have you read any personality profiles of INFJ's or yours?

INFJ - Jung Type Descriptions

ISFJ - Jung Type Descriptions

Also, have you checked out what your MBTI compatibility is on Socionics.com?

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

and then...

Comparative relations between psychological ("personality") types

Of course none of this stuff can you tell you how two real people are going to interact/relate to each other spot on, but it is interesting stuff to ponder on. Read it, think it over, follow your gut instincts, and enjoy your time together. Good luck! :)

-Alex

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Honestly.. I think best thing to do? Be yourself.. That's a way of honoring yourself in a relationship and honoring the other person. If you can't be honest/be yourself, then perhaps it's not a good match.

Treat each relationship like it's trial and error. Respect boundaries. Give a person space when necessary.

Keep it basic. Have FUN.

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
What attracts THIS infj whether it is for friendship or more...

People who are passionate about their careers or some hobby even if we don't share that interest...

People who are genuine, honest, sincere. People who are well-read, cultured, appreciate music...

People who are not pushy.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an ISFJ and am also a new member. I recently have been going with this girl for about a month now and she just revealed to me she is an INFJ.

First of all, Good idea to bring this one up!

Perhaps thanking her for mentioning it to you and that you are genuinely interested in continuing about her being an INFJ. That's a special thing...so perhaps she would comment more about herself...that way you get what you both need right from her..I mean Alex is probably right...typematching is pretty close, but this would allow you both to custom-taylor your relationship which would allow you to accentuate the good things and avoid pitfalls which we all struggle amongst.

Good luck!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also, have you checked out what your MBTI compatibility is on Socionics.com?

Socionics.com sucks imo.

Use Wikisocion for all your Socionics needs.

Of course, I'd suggest not messing around with Socionics at all.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Socionics.com sucks imo.

Use Wikisocion for all your Socionics needs.

Of course, I'd suggest not messing around with Socionics at all.

Actually, I agree with you regarding Socionics' personality type descriptions (notice I didn't put links up to them), but have note seen any other site that had intertype relations theorized. Their ESTP description SUCKS. (imo)

Any tips for that sort of info, Costrin???

Will look at Wikisocion site now...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, I agree with you regarding Socionics' personality type descriptions (notice I didn't put links up to them), but have note seen any other site that had intertype relations theorized. Their ESTP description SUCKS. (imo)

Any tips for that sort of info, Costrin???

Will look at Wikisocion site now...

Wikisocion's got you covered.

Like at the bottom of the ESTp description, it has a table of type relations.

And the descriptions are much better in general.