User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ

I attach meaning to songs ALL the time. I mean ALL the time. It's a sickness.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

I've had this discussion before with an xNFP. She likes songs that relate to her own experience. For me, songs really have no personal meaning. I would say the song is usually separate from my own experience. I appreciate the song for its own meaning or for its ability to bring meaning to my life. But then again, some songs are just good to listen to.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Oddly enough, I hardly remember the lyrics to many songs, unless they are so obviously sang/spoken.
    If the vocalist has a really phenomenal voice, my brain categorizes it as another instrument in the track and the whole thing fits together.

I think Seal said the reason he doesn't publish the lyrics of his tracks is that regardless of what they are, or what he sang, in his opinion it is what the listener THINKS he heard that matters most.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Sure - the songs I listen to depend greatly on my mood and what I need to do. When I do some kind of academic work, I find it conducive to listen to classical music. When I work out, I like something I can move to...

Music helps awaken my fantasy, and if it has no words, I often think of a little story that would fit to the music...I've done that since I was a little girl.

I always used to dance and make little musicals to classical music - not that they were any good, but it's fun!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Oddly enough, I hardly remember the lyrics to many songs, unless they are so obviously sang/spoken.
    If the vocalist has a really phenomenal voice, my brain categorizes it as another instrument in the track and the whole thing fits together.
    I do that too. Plus it doesn't help that a lot of times when I'm listening to music I'm doing other things also, and therefore distracted.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin