• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTJ and INFJ Relationships

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
My mom's a ENTJ and i :wubbie: her. She's like my life coach, always has a game plan. And she respects my space when i tell her she's getting too pushy.

If INTP is like an "inner" ENTJ, then I think I would like them too.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
(I dunno about other INFJs but I kinda like dating someone who will take the lead in the relationship).

+1.

I imagine the two J's would be either catastrophic or awesome.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(I dunno about other INFJs but I kinda like dating someone who will take the lead in the relationship).

I think I'm too much of a J in relationships for an EJ. IJs are fine, but EJs sometimes overdo their willingness to "help out." I don't appreciate such attempts.

S

Sniffles

2 ENTJs in love with you, Peguy. This could get ugly.

And/or interesting.
gj_transmet_naughty.gif

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
*punches YLJ in the face* Peguy belongs to ME, little man! Now hand him over!!

I WILL start an ENTJ fight today, I WILL. :cheese:

verdeviola

I am a female INFJ in love with a male ENTJ. We have been staying together for 7 years, now. I think it needs hard work at first (and hard quarrels), but it is absolutely worth it. We have really grown up together.
Anyway i think it depends on the specific person...my father too is an ENTJ and i cannot bear him most of the times! :steam:

P.S.: sorry for my bad english!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
NFJ's have always blown my mind!

Pretty much every girl I've fallen for has been an NFJ. You guys rock.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've only met one INFJ IRL, and one ENFJ IRL. I enjoy the company of both of them. But I must say, the INFJ stole a bigger chunk of my heart due to her incredibly sweet, understanding and gentile nature. Plus, she laughed at ALL my jokes! :D I got the sense that the ENFJ thought he knew everything there's to know about people, feelings and mannerism, which put me off.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I like TJs and tend to be attracted to their drive, the challenge to impress them, and their take charge-iness. However, over time I have realized that most relationships with a TJ are more about "them" than about "us". Not saying they are selfish, but they have a fairly strong agenda of their own and usually their spouse seems to be coming along for the ride and complementing that agenda, rather than sharing it. The TJs I know tend to be not very effusive about expressing their feelings (which can make an INFJ lose confidence or become clingier than they'd like to be) and they are fairly career driven. However, they make excellent hosts, they are gregarious and interesting to be around, they are often extremely capable at anything they wish to do and that makes them very attractive. Short term - lots of fun. Long term - less good unless the INFJ is very independent and has a strong sense of self and the ENTJ is willing to bend a little and be a little more open and vulnerable.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I like TJs and tend to be attracted to their drive, the challenge to impress them, and their take charge-iness. However, over time I have realized that most relationships with a TJ are more about "them" than about "us". Not saying they are selfish, but they have a fairly strong agenda of their own and usually their spouse seems to be coming along for the ride and complementing that agenda, rather than sharing it. The TJs I know tend to be not very effusive about expressing their feelings (which can make an INFJ lose confidence or become clingier than they'd like to be) and they are fairly career driven. However, they make excellent hosts, they are gregarious and interesting to be around, they are often extremely capable at anything they wish to do and that makes them very attractive. Short term - lots of fun. Long term - less good unless the INFJ is very independent and has a strong sense of self and the ENTJ is willing to bend a little and be a little more open and vulnerable.

Wow, good observation.

verdeviola

You do have to have a BIG source of personal strength :yes:

but

1) I wouldn't want anyone who is less independent.

2) They will understand and leave you alone when you don't want anyone to be around (this is a great thing for an introvert who needs some time on her own)

3) They are so manly! And at the same time they can be so sweet! :wubbie: (this is really hard to find!)

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I dated an ENTJ. Very charismatic and incredibly romantic. All around fun time until the sociopath inside him began to creep out :)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think they would be a good match. Being an ENTJ, I find I get along extremely well with infj, especially those with a strong J.

I like to hear your opinions on this.

Ha! You're kidding right?

ENTJ can be like a tank commander. Mix that with a sensitive INFJ..and what do you get? Guaranteed hurt feelings. ENTJs make decisions, which they can't not do..then that's the final answer. No changing, no room for negotiation. They see things one way and have a real hard time going along with what someone else wants to do.

rushig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds like a heartbreak brewing. But it will be fun while it lasts! Dramatic and fun! :D

Fun because the arguments sound like great sex... :devil:

Indeed it was coz even though we were a great match, I realised hi Feeling side was the least sensitive and could not truly feel as deeply as me. If they want to ENTJ can play a cold game even for those who are closest

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with posters who say this combination will result in a lot of hurt feelings for INFJ. I've known some ENTJs and can say that Fe and Te don't mix well. It would be difficult for the two to find common language since ENTJ is dominant in Te and INFJ's creative function is Fe.

Last edited: