User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Four
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Patience based on personality types or individual?

Do you think patience is something that is much more noticeable in certain personality types or do you think it varies from individual? I know as an INFJ I admit one of my weaknesses is well...I'm not too good with that whole patience thing yet. Thoughts?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Hmm... I'll post my thoughts on this later.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    Zzzz

Individual. Everyone has the capability of being patient or impatient. It’s not type related.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    Individual. Everyone has the capability of being patient or impatient. It’s not type related.
    I mostly agree. It's generally true that neurotic (read: reactive) people have a lower degree of patience... it's virtually a part of the description. Which kind of begs the question!

Having said that, there is very little correlation to MBTI, and even if there was some, correlations don't have to pass through one another...

Type would probably say that certain types are less patient with certain things. Like my INTJ wife would be extremely impatient with anyone not doing things "the right way", which is her way. I'm generally impatient when things aren't working and/or are in my way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Probably both. Ps more than Js, Is more than Es, Fs MAYBE more than T, and no difference between N and S.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by INF?2121 View Post
    Do you think patience is something that is much more noticeable in certain personality types or do you think it varies from individual? I know as an INFJ I admit one of my weaknesses is well...I'm not too good with that whole patience thing yet. Thoughts?
    I have no idea if it is type related but I don't have any patience whatsoever myself....

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I mostly agree. It's generally true that neurotic (read: reactive) people have a lower degree of patience... it's virtually a part of the description. Which kind of begs the question!

Having said that, there is very little correlation to MBTI, and even if there was some, correlations don't have to pass through one another...

Type would probably say that certain types are less patient with certain things. Like my INTJ wife would be extremely impatient with anyone not doing things "the right way", which is her way. I'm generally impatient when things aren't working and/or are in my way.
    Had it not been for us neurotics we'd still be living in the caves in the Neanderthal Valley.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I have a lot of patience for other people but not as much for lifts (elevators) and loading times etc.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Type wouldn’t say. People would say of type! lol.. But seriously. I agree with ‘certain things’ as opposed to people. But I think your INTJ wife is a poor example since people are not things. You were a better example. If your wife is extremely impatient with anyone not doing things her right way, does that say more of type or of her emotional maturity regarding others? Can you not imagine an INTJ who is patient with people, even with those who don’t comprehend them or their instructions? People would think that INTJ atypical or another type. That individual is just mature and well balanced functionally as a person.

Back to ‘certain things’ cuz I think that's on the right track. If that same INTJ is trying to solve a problem but can’t figure out how to do it then they may lose patience with the problem (or at their Te for failing). The relation is to particular stressors within our environments or toward ourselves for failing within our environments. You said it. When it gets in your way.

But if we're talking patience regarding peepoles*, then that same INTJ may one day become stressed enough they won’t be able to tolerate them at that given time. Stress goes, back to equanimity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Probably both. Ps more than Js,
    *BUZZZ*

If you’re gonna play that game, then you have to play by the rules. IPs and EJs would be less patient because they’re ruled by Judging functions and IJs and EPs more patient because they’re ruled by Perceiving functions.

But I don’t see it that way, really. The impatience for all of them would stem from whatever is not nourishing their Dominant function. An ENTP isn’t able to generate ideas as usual, or they’re not up to par, they (their Ti) may become impatient with themselves (and take it out on you thru Fe…*). An ISFP can’t get people to relate to each other peacefully so they (their Se) become impatient with the lack of progess being made and leave. etc

*jk…

Is more than Es, Fs MAYBE more than T, and no difference between N and S.
    *ZZZ*

But eh I could be wrong, I'm guestimating.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Really depends on the people I'm dealing with & situation for me.

If it's with family/friends/elders/pets/kids- I am extremely patient.

If it's with someone who's really stringent, by the books, a-hole- I automatically roll my eyes at them without even knowing it. Even if I wanted to stop it, I can't. I know I really need to work on it..

Most times, I fairly patient!