First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Is automatic transmission the standard in the US? I've always driven stick shift and will say that it's at least 50% of the fun of driving a car (for me anyways).
    Yes. Don't have an exact figure, but few cars (that are not "sports cars") are sold in the U.S. with a manual.

I have an automatic now, had a manual before. I hate the automatic. It does not move when it does not want to, even if you put your foot through the floor, which is in my mind dangerous.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

I look forward to driving because it is both relaxing and requires alertness ... it feels really nice to just let your body do something and respond realtime to changing situations. It feels really really nice.

I like to use driving to practice being aware and having a calm mind because it is an activity particularly well suited to this.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    In America many people actually need a car.
    You neglected the public system of transport.

Europe is another thing altogether.
    We have no need for private automobiles.
    There is an excellent system of public transport all across Europe.
    Must be nice. I wouldn't drive if it were easy to just get a job I like and a home I can afford close together, or if public transportation here did not take me an extra 2 hours each day vs. driving.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I LOVE the strategy involved in driving, though I'm lazy. I drive thinking about all the possible routes and decisions I can take and what will be the most efficient and safe way to get where I have to go. I use Ne and P.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I LOVE the strategy involved in driving, though I'm lazy. I drive thinking about all the possible routes and decisions I can take and what will be the most efficient and safe way to get where I have to go. I use Ne and P.
    I am very competitive when I drive, in the strategy department. If I see a car behind me, and then 7 miles down the road, through turns and by-ways and backroads secret passages, I see that from out of nowhere that same car is now in front of me, it really makes me wonder what route they took and why it was faster than mine. (Even accounting for unknown variables like stoplights and related obstacles, or the fact they may have been speeding.)

There's nothing more satisfying than following some lout who's going 10 under the speed limit, then taking a shortcut to get ahead of him, and pulling out onto a main road just in front of him with a big grin that says, "You have no more right to the road than I do, with your poor driving skills and your bad attitude toward other drivers on the road, and I've just outsmarted you. Now park it and give up or I shall be forced to taunt you a second time."
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I love driving. I find it easy to concentrate. Functions? Se I guess.
    I like driving, too.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I adore driving. In fact, I'd say it's probably my number one extra-curricular activity at the moment. The physical aspect of it, of distance judgment, of maneuvering, is all very pleasing to me. Relaxing (except in heavy traffic, of course).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I am very competitive when I drive, in the strategy department. If I see a car behind me, and then 7 miles down the road, through turns and by-ways and backroads secret passages, I see that from out of nowhere that same car is now in front of me, it really makes me wonder what route they took and why it was faster than mine. (Even accounting for unknown variables like stoplights and related obstacles, or the fact they may have been speeding.)..

Haha, this is exactly what I am like. But, I feel like I know all of the shortcuts. (Hate when one of them doesn't work!) I like to drive really well too so I don't just go as fast as I think I can get away with. I really enjoy when I have anticipated a traffic situation and found my way around it.

I also love trying to find my way according to hunches. I have no idea why but it is very satisfying, especially when I get a little lost and find my way anyway.

MBTI
    INFP

Blah. I hate driving. If someone else wants to drive for me, I'm always elated. I like spacing out. I don't like concentrating on the road, and I hate parking because I'm afraid I'll hit somebody.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Originally Posted by speculative
    I am very competitive when I drive, in the strategy department. If I see a car behind me, and then 7 miles down the road, through turns and by-ways and backroads secret passages, I see that from out of nowhere that same car is now in front of me, it really makes me wonder what route they took and why it was faster than mine. (Even accounting for unknown variables like stoplights and related obstacles, or the fact they may have been speeding.)..

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Haha, this is exactly what I am like. But, I feel like I know all of the shortcuts. (Hate when one of them doesn't work!) I like to drive really well too so I don't just go as fast as I think I can get away with. I really enjoy when I have anticipated a traffic situation and found my way around it.

I also love trying to find my way according to hunches. I have no idea why but it is very satisfying, especially when I get a little lost and find my way anyway.
    +1
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I just got into driving after many years of not doing it and I gotta say I freakin love it. It's like an Se adventure. The way the car feels when I turn it around corners, going too fast. Mashing the pedal from 0 to the legal speed limit (:P) and hearing the hum of the engine and humming along sometimes too. It's fun!

It sucks to be you other N's. ENXJ's are the only ones with competent Se for extra safe driving!
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.