User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to work in for ~10 years, NFs?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interesting job, negative workplace

11 17.74%
  • Tedious job, positive workplace

25 40.32%
  • Must...vote!

5 8.06%
  • Ten years? Ten years? Ten years??

21 33.87%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Ha, I can see I totally muddied the waters of this poll with my hypothetical decade. As things stand, it seems that tedious job/positive workplace is the winner, which I can sort of understand but still surprises me. I put the poll up because I'm a little unsure myself which I'd prefer. I voted interesting job/negative workplace, but that's probably assuming I had a solid social circle happening elsewhere. I find that negative things said to me by someone ultimately need to be countered by positive things said to me by someone else. I can't seem to fully negate them solo. Or I can't fully negate their emotional impact, anyway, even if that impact is just pissiness. I don't have much of a problem with negating the intellectual content of their negativity. If that makes sense.

But I don't handle tedium well. Especially that form of tedium in which I'm still required to concentrate.

MBTI
    INFP

Assuming a knife lies ready to press into my back (therefore eliminating the subsequent choices and forcing me to choose between the first two), I'd choose option one.

My current 'interesting' job, whilst providing an overall negative environment (intellectual destimulator), has certainly tested my psyche. It wasn't until recently, within a month, that I realized it's not so bad. The hardest part lied in recognizing it as a negative environment and accepting it as such - my efforts to improve it proved inconsequential. I think infps have a tendency to find hope in blackest of bile, thus rendering the environment to at least 'neutral' status. For instance, I surround myself with good folk and celebrate our goodness with 'bring liquor to sample' every Wednesday; another one does Monday.

Just go to look on the bright side of life.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

I need stimulation and prefer not getting wrapped up in the negatives, I seen how petty things can get and how it plays in compromising the integrity of work and work place. preserving accountability is a tedious task in itself, although i have become efficiently efficient. I would still rather have a interesting job

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I need stimulation but I cannot work at a negative environment. It will drain me and make the job however interesting uninteresting because I'd be so stressed. And I have a lot of stress symptoms, I'd wake up to pee six times a night, I can't eat, I get stomach pains and headaches and pimples/zitz. Nope. Nope. Nope.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think i would last 10 years in either scenario
    ik sprokkel wat dagen, drop baggage,
    soms heb ik geen zin om die koffers te dragen,
    ik laat los, los het op, word onzichtbaar
    en geef de buitenlucht wat ruimte terug
    dus.. nu zit ik op m'n fiets alsof het niets is,
    maar niets kan toch niet uit zichzelf pedalen laten draaien?

~ Typhoon

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

i can do anything in a positive environment...that kind of stuff i find tedious usually just has to be done, and as soul-sucking as it can be for me i still feel like i am contributing to a good cause if i am in a positive environment.

Too much negativity prevents me from being as productive as i'd like and isn't good for my mood stability as I have a really hard time dealing with overly negative vibes. There's a reason i do my best to keep such influences out of my life when they aren't absolutely necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    10 years!! at someplace that was either tedious or toxic? no thanks!
    Exactly. I couldn't stay at a job for 10 years if those were my two choices.

If I really had to choose, I'd pick tedious. I supposed because I'm extroverted. I'd only last a short time though.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I really don't want to say this, but I don't really care what job I do. In my first job I didn't like the nature of the job at all, but the people were really nice and supportive. To this day I still miss them. I actually don't mind tedious, as long as I can have time to sip drinks during my break and talk with my colleagues. My priorities are with my own personal interest, my relationship, my family. Career is waaaay down the list

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Give me a good workplace, with good work hours, with nice people. I don't care about the money. But I need enough money to support myself, otherwise I'll stress daily and *wham* become sick.

Must... vote!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

TEN YEARS???

interesting job with negative workplace...

...either (a) figure out how to cheer people up (b) steadily get them fired/convince them to change jobs or (c) rise to as much of a managerial position as possible

actually i worked somewhere with generally good coworkers but a hard-for-me-to-deal-with (veryyy controlling, nitpicky, and critical, but idealistic, such a confusing combination to me) manager for the last three years, and it was pretty great. the atmosphere being so shitty sometimes gave us something to bitch about and bond over, and the work itself being excellent gave us - or at least, those of us who were well-suited to it - personal enjoyment and satisfaction. plus money.