• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] nf songwriters/musicians

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sure that he isn't ISFP? We had a thread on him and I am pretty sure we came to conclusion that we thought he's ISFP. Do you have some kind of definitive source?

He does have that isfp goofy bends grin on his wiki page.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Time to dig this up again. Chicka chicka bow wow L M A O.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why is Dylan still an ISFP? He's such an INFJ it isn't funny. Read Chronicles, his autobiography, and watch interviews. He's driven by an Ni vision always. And extraverts it to others.

I agree-- I don't care what Keirsey says. I think this is where the whole ISFP labeling got started. Dylan's lyrics are very N not S. "Blood on the Tracks" seems quintessentially INFJ. He's also well known for hiding behind personas/masks, the whole religious phase in the early '80s, etc. Keirsey holds up the fact that he says he wasn't trying to be "Spokesman for his Generation" as proof that he didn't care about 60s idealism and therefore wasn't NF. But he's famous for being a contrarian, and avoiding being labeled or pigeon-holed. This all seems very INFJ to me.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't even like kiersey, i just at times have serious trouble determining the difference between infp and isfp. he reminds me of steinbeck, who i think is isfp. but he only reminds me of steinbeck during chronicles. he doesn't show personal warmth whatsoever, but some infps don't and the tumultoususness is more underneath the surface. he seems to reinvent himself almost all the time, and to me that seems a little more infj than infp. extraverted judging relies on the world to update itself more aggressively than introverted judgment, which is slower to adapt and has more shit to move.

i don't know, i'd like to hear more impressions. he seems like infp or infj to me now, i think i was overdoing the isfp thing. i think stuart murdoch is infj, i'm on the border for tom waits, and jimi hendrix i think is infp. bjork may be infj or infp, i really can't tell. i also started to think jeff tweedy may be an infp instead of isfp, but i just don't know.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
i also started to think jeff tweedy may be an infp instead of isfp, but i just don't know.

I do think Tweedy's an INFP. His lyrics also suggest he's an N to me. With his humor and stage banter (which he's honed over time with conscious effort) he's far more outgoing than his one-time Uncle Tupelo collaborator Jay Farrar (who has the stage presence of a bag of potatoes). So perhaps he's closer to 50/50 on the E/I. Tweedy's got that NF warmth about him. Seems pretty shy one-on-one. Edit: he also describes himself as a "pissy artist" and is famous for getting cranky at acoustic shows when people are talking. I don't know what that says about J vs P but he seems hard to work with as an artist.

I think Lennon was an INFP as well. Famously reclusive and hated touring. While McCartney was out schmoozing and being social in London, he was often holed up at home.

Also I believe Jim Morrison was an introvert not an extrovert (INFP). Discounting his drunken stage persona, he was said to be very shy and soft-spoken. His moody writing/lyrics seem not to be very ENFP.

Nice work on this pretty exhaustive list, btw :)

klpi

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
I'd always thought of dylan as an infj. I guess isfp made sense for a while, looking at some of his lyrics, cause i can tell you they never struck me as infp. I don't know much about his life though, i have to admit, but just watching this interview pushes me farther away from isfp or infp. He's being all opinionated and confrontational. Ni + Fe?

Neil halstead (slowdive, mojave 3) is probably an infp, i think.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
don't u guys think Michael Jackson would be an NF songwriter ?
particularly looking at his dreamy, idealistic vision in some (or many) of his song lyrics.

my guess is he's perhaps an INFP songwriter/musician.
what do u think?

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
revised sketch of the big list.

ENFJ
[]
alanis morisette

Don't you think Alanis Morissette is ENFP?
She doesn't have this 'contracting' expression (if I can describe it like that) that an ENFJ has, hers is more open. And in the picture below you see as well some of the ENFP's characteristic shyness/dreaminess.

AlanisMorissette.jpg

revised sketch of the big list.

INFJ
[]
michael stipe
I see him as an INFP now. Comparing him to an INFP friend I have.

Btw, your list made me see Patti Smith as an ENFP (i.s.o. an ISTP), among other things...

demimondaine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
haven't read through the whole thread, but iggy doesn't strike me as INFJ.
this sort of exercise is hard though, when it becomes person vs persona

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think candylandjoe was right and that iggy is more likely intj.

alanis makes more sense to me as a reformed healthy j. she seemed very very rigid during the jagged little pill era. i could be way off base. she has that total acceptance Ni kind of calmness, not that zany Ne energy. introverted perceiver, india is a very spiritual place

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
state, on Prince... I'm still unsure. Have you watched/listened to his interview with Tavis Smiley? He goes on about basketball and baseball when answering a question, so, god, I guess whoever said isfp was probably correct in their assertion. Wondering what you think.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Anyone think David Cook is an NF? Possibly ENFJ or ENFP?

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
alanis [] has that total acceptance Ni kind of calmness, not that zany Ne energy.

You've got a point there (and a new thing for me to see). My earlier guess was ENFJ as well.
So she'd be reformed in the sense of having made her J smaller (or P bigger)...

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I wonder what type Natalie Merchant is. INFP? Or INTP (though she would seem overly caring for one)?

And may I suggest Bill Berry (formerly from R.E.M.) as an ISFJ, is he famous enough to be on your list?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
state, on Prince... I'm still unsure. Have you watched/listened to his interview with Tavis Smiley? He goes on about basketball and baseball when answering a question, so, god, I guess whoever said isfp was probably correct in their assertion. Wondering what you think.

yep

G

Glycerine

Anyone think David Cook is an NF? Possibly ENFJ or ENFP?

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that David Cook is ENFX? EDIT: Even though I suck at typing, I would lean toward ENFJ. He doesn't seem to give off the off-the-wall bouncy vibe that Ne doms tend to have. I would say Adam Lambert would definitely be an ENFP (or possibly an ESFP).

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
This singer surely must be INFJ. Did anyone mention her already?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ8zX-GZTvw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ8zX-GZTvw[/YOUTUBE]

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Kevin Barnes INFJ? I always thought him to be some sort of FP.

And Conor Oberst is most definitely INFP. His songs just scream it.