• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] nf songwriters/musicians

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cut copy:
guy on left: isfp
guy in middle: estp
guy on right: ???

Dan Whitford (the singer) is ISFP. I've met them briefly at a show. He's very reserved & nice & just screams ISFP, and he's a talented graphic designer in addition to being a song-writer. Lyrics say ISFP to me also.

Not sure about the other guys. Drummer seems E, probably ESxP. Guitarist seems introverted, maybe ISTP. They strike me as an SP band.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eleanor Friedberger of Fiery Furnaces - INFP, definitely
Her bf Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand) - ENFJ maybe? I get an FJ vibe.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
entj seems right.

I don't know if much thought is registered on Wesley Willis, but I bought/watched the most recent docu on him and think he was entj as well. He produced 40,000 drawings, 5,000 songs, and hundreds of albums in his lifetime and actually planned on doing many more. He also, in one scene in particular, purchased a bunch of crazy vacation t-shirts only an entj would wear. Lastly, he was oblivious to reality (did not continue to take pills that would've kept his cancer in remission in order to focus on his tour at the time), necessarily indicative on its own of his type, but lends to it.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i only watched the interview. i'm going entj.

I kind of suspected NT-ness, although his music does come from the Ni/Fi perspective. From other interviews he's come across as distinct Ni dominant.
Oddly enough, he writes very romantic pieces. Must be in touch with the tertiary Fi.

On the other hand, I think that keyboardist Eddie Jobson, who worked with Frank Zappa and Bill Bruford is likely an INFP.

Same type applies for Steve Hackett too, his music is very INFP, and he comes across as INFP in interviews too.

Perhaps Mr. Mister is ENFJ or INFJ. His music seems a bit spiritual.

I'd say that Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac is INFJ.

B.A. Robertson who did work with Mike and the Mechanics is definitely NF to some degree.

Jean Michael Jarre writes very INFP sounding music.

I was going to say Nik Kershaw was INFJ... but I'm suspecting he's ISFJ since he's very direct, precise in his language in his interviews (not your stereotypical INFJ rambling, lol).

revolve

kate nash?
mirah?
the blow?
'Of montreal' lead singer?
ingrid michaelson?
regina spektor?
lilly allen?
MIA?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kate nash?
mirah?
the blow?
ingrid michaelson?
regina spektor?

I think Regina Spektor is an NF. Perhaps INFP like Kate Bush. They seem similar to each other.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dan Whitford (the singer) is ISFP. I've met them briefly at a show. He's very reserved & nice & just screams ISFP, and he's a talented graphic designer in addition to being a song-writer. Lyrics say ISFP to me also.

Not sure about the other guys. Drummer seems E, probably ESxP. Guitarist seems introverted, maybe ISTP. They strike me as an SP band.

makes sense, are there many sp bands that you like?

Eleanor Friedberger of Fiery Furnaces - INFP, definitely
Her bf Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand) - ENFJ maybe? I get an FJ vibe.

definitely infp for eleanor. is she a 4w5 sp/sx? kinda removes me of one i know based on how she follows the conversation, is a little antsy and bored at times, but not really confrontational.

i really dislike the dude. i don't really recognize nfj, i'd be more likely to go estp? his eyes are weird- shifty- and he seems like he mostly misses the mark. i remember a weird story with him and some other musician having a ridiculous conflict. i saw them a few years ago and i remember disliking him then too.

I kind of suspected NT-ness, although his music does come from the Ni/Fi perspective. From other interviews he's come across as distinct Ni dominant.
Oddly enough, he writes very romantic pieces. Must be in touch with the tertiary Fi.

On the other hand, I think that keyboardist Eddie Jobson, who worked with Frank Zappa and Bill Bruford is likely an INFP.

Same type applies for Steve Hackett too, his music is very INFP, and he comes across as INFP in interviews too.

Perhaps Mr. Mister is ENFJ or INFJ. His music seems a bit spiritual.

I'd say that Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac is INFJ.

B.A. Robertson who did work with Mike and the Mechanics is definitely NF to some degree.

Jean Michael Jarre writes very INFP sounding music.

I was going to say Nik Kershaw was INFJ... but I'm suspecting he's ISFJ since he's very direct, precise in his language in his interviews (not your stereotypical INFJ rambling, lol).

he seemed more entj to me. lou reed also wrote some very romantic pieces. it's not out of the question for entjs. his eyes are 100% Te dom. i see too many entjs i know in this interview to go with intj.

YouTube - Tony Banks - circa '90s

kate nash?
mirah?
the blow?
ingrid michaelson?
regina spektor?
lilly allen?
MIA?

i'd be interested in mirah. lilly allen is estp? of montrel is kevin barnes. he's nfj. i can't tell if he's an enfj or an infj. definitely a 4, probably 4w5. he's so effeminate seeming. i think the perspective of the songs, the past is a grotesque animal, etc, seem more infj than enfj. i think all of the petite drama a bedside tragedy feels very infj.

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
tumblr_kx5ij8nN0V1qa1vdfo1_r1_500.jpg

vdFMNeRt6pyc0kbsycilW2sIo1_500.jpg

jesse+lacey.jpg

Jesse Lacey is an NF. I'm thinking INFJ.

Yes? No? Don't care?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Type these two: YouTube - The Associates: Skipping

Billy Mackenzie and Alan Rankine.

Lately I've been thinking Billy is enfj, another ultra reclusive of the type, a la Paddy McAloon or Bill Nelson. Or even Kurt Wagner of Lambchop.

Alan may as well be infp, but I don't have all that much to go off of.

paradox fox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Boh. I thought this was going to be a thread about "Hey you guys, who of you are musicians and what's your style?" :(

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
makes sense, are there many sp bands that you like?

I like a fair amount of dance music, but I wouldn't assume it is all "SP". Actually, the vast majority of my favorite bands seem led by iNtuitives.

I am a BIG Cocteau Twins fans and I feel sure Elizabeth Fraser is ISFP, but I don't know about Robin Gutherie.

definitely infp for eleanor. is she a 4w5 sp/sx? kinda removes me of one i know based on how she follows the conversation, is a little antsy and bored at times, but not really confrontational.

i really dislike the dude. i don't really recognize nfj, i'd be more likely to go estp? his eyes are weird- shifty- and he seems like he mostly misses the mark. i remember a weird story with him and some other musician having a ridiculous conflict. i saw them a few years ago and i remember disliking him then too.

He does seem very contrived & affected (although I don't find him annoying), which gave me an ENFJ vibe over ESTP (ENFJ 3w4 I think). The guitarist seems clearly ISTP, and they seem to have an ENFJ-ISTP dynamic, IMO. Just because you dislike someone doesn't mean they don't share your cognitive functions ;)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He does seem very contrived & affected (although I don't find him annoying), which gave me an ENFJ vibe over ESTP (ENFJ 3w4 I think). The guitarist seems clearly ISTP, and they seem to have an ENFJ-ISTP dynamic, IMO. Just because you dislike someone doesn't mean they don't share your cognitive functions ;)

i just realized you were talking about the guy from franz ferdinand and i was talking about the guitarist in fiery furnaces. i don't know anything about the guy in franz ferdinand.

also, the guy in los campesinos is infp or enfj?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i just realized you were talking about the guy from franz ferdinand and i was talking about the guitarist in fiery furnaces. i don't know anything about the guy in franz ferdinand.

also, the guy in los campesinos is infp or enfj?

Oh, haha :D. The guy in Fiery Furnaces is likely ExTP :yes:. It's Eleanor's brother & they apparently cannot stand each other. He comes across as super obnoxious...

The guy in Los Campesinos? I'd go with ENFJ. Seems extroverted, and Fe over Fi. I don't know much about him personally though.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, haha :D. The guy in Fiery Furnaces is likely ExTP :yes:. It's Eleanor's brother & they apparently cannot stand each other. He comes across as super obnoxious...

The guy in Los Campesinos? I'd go with ENFJ. Seems extroverted, and Fe over Fi. I don't know much about him personally though.

i trust your infp/enfj radar. i thought infp at first but i've been second-guessing it and started leaning towards enfj too. the song titles feel awesomely enfj, as does his stage banter.

i decided last night that i'm finally convinced that leonard cohen is an enfj.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm guessing most songwriters are NF. Right off the top of ly head I can think of David Draiman (Disturbed), Tito Auger (Fiel a la Vega) and Pau Donés (Jarabe de Palo), all of whom are ENFP. Draiman is typed as ESTP often, but I don't think so; he writes most of his band's lyrics, and Disturbed's lyrics are NF on crack.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Panda Bear ------------------------------> INFJ I think...maybe.