First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    I N V I C T U S

I'm absolutely confident that Leonard Cohen is an INFP.

And while I'd love to claim Tom Waits as an INFP, from his interviews I consider it far more likely that he's the world's most awesome ISFP.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    May I add:

ENFP
    Freddie Mercury
    There is NO way that Freddie was an extravert. He seemed like that on stage, sure, but if you watch any of his interviews he's an obvious introvert. I don't think he's an NF, either.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    There is NO way that Freddie was an extravert. He seemed like that on stage, sure, but if you watch any of his interviews he's an obvious introvert. I don't think he's an NF, either.
    Source the interviews, please.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    He talks damn quick and gets excited about having his say. Also knows what the interviewer is on about before he finishes the questions. Late interviews he might've had a lot on his mind and a lot of pressure, and that can make anyone an introvert. An ENFP even more so; we're pretty private and don't naturally like living our issues out on the public stage.

YouTube - Freddie Mercury Interview Musical Prostitute part 1
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    He talks damn quick and gets excited about having his say. Also knows what the interviewer is on about before he finishes the questions. Late interviews he might've had a lot on his mind and a lot of pressure, and that can make anyone an introvert. An ENFP even more so; we're pretty private and don't naturally like living our issues out on the public stage.

YouTube - Freddie Mercury Interview Musical Prostitute part 1
    i agree...i'd look like an introvert during an interview too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm absolutely confident that Leonard Cohen is an INFP.

And while I'd love to claim Tom Waits as an INFP, from his interviews I consider it far more likely that he's the world's most awesome ISFP.
    Cohen we can argue about. I'm not settled on him because I realize that I might have been a little hasty by lumping him with Paul Simon one night (after figuring his type is INFJ).

It's pretty clear to me that Tom is an INTJ. Abstract artistic expression, quick, sharp responses, and the goatee are all characteristics that point in that direction.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that Tom is an INTJ. Abstract artistic expression, quick, sharp responses, and the goatee are all characteristics that point in that direction.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    :17026:

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Abstract expression? Where do you find that (or any non-sensorish amount of it, at least) in his songs? Honest question.

I'll ignore the "quick, sharp responses" as anti-sensorism and the goatee as a joke. The main interview I'm thinking of was unfortunately in a reputable Australian broadsheet magazine which I can find no links to (the magazine article, not the broadsheet). In it he mentioned that he "sees" music. It takes an almost visual form, which helps him identify what's appropriate and what isn't. I think he said that he'd wondered if he had some form of autism because of that. I wish I could quote directly/exactly, but I read the magazine about 2 years ago and have subsequently lost it in one of my many moves. When I read it, though, I thought "Sensor" right away. Then I thought "Fucking MBTI is taking over my life, this is a problem".

Consider also his penchant for quirky bit-characters in movies. That in itself doesn't prove anything, but I consider it a more likely hobby of an ISFP than an INTJ. He even played a wacky inventor in Mystery Men. A character entirely lacking in gravitas, and certainly a backward step compared to some of his other roles. And his love-affair with boots? Doesn't seem like an INTJ passion to me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: