Its me!
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    myspace.com/averydenamusic

Its me!
    Wow! You're really talented, and you have style and creativity and I think it crazy that no one has signed you onto some record deal! Keep it up!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Wow! You're really talented, and you have style and creativity and I think it crazy that no one has signed you onto some record deal! Keep it up!
    Yep, she sounds good, but the problem with record deals is that they're business propositions designed to make money, not benevolent attempts to bring exposure to good music.

There are tons and tons of great artists out there who will never get recording contracts with major labels because their music simply isn't marketable in the current musical landscape. It's a shame, but if you want a big company to invest in mass-producing your product, it needs to be something that the vulgar, stupid masses will buy en masse. Sad, but that's the way of the business.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yep, she sounds good, but the problem with record deals is that they're business propositions designed to make money, not benevolent attempts to bring exposure to good music.

There are tons and tons of great artists out there who will never get recording contracts with major labels because their music simply isn't marketable in the current musical landscape. It's a shame, but if you want a big company to invest in mass-producing your product, it needs to be something that the vulgar, stupid masses will buy en masse. Sad, but that's the way of the business.
    which is why i have a dba
    check please
    I N V I C T U S

Great music Thursday! Lots of talent. Great voice also.

Most of that is quite true, it's a myth that only crap gets on the radio and poor little geniuses are suffering on myspace though. If it is brilliant or radio catchy, it will make it. If it is just a nice listen, it might make it. If you released any classic as an unknown these days, you would still be signed, and it would still end up number one. Obviously, writing music is something you do for the love, whereas getting a contract brings business into it. But I still think there is art in making something perfect and simple enough to be loved en masse. I'd still take "stand by me" or "yesterday" over any complex melody or blurring of a million instruments, ever to enter myspace.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I think Beck is probably INTP.

Ryan Adams is a massive ENFP. Just got back from seeing him in concert. An Ne/Fi explosion.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I was watching some interviews with Sara Bareilles as well as reading her biography recently and she seems like an xNFx to me.

MBTI
    infp

Beck always seems Ni to me.

Hendrix seems INFP... sometimes I think ISFP but the more I listen to interviews and stuff the more he definitely seems to be N.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

About Corgan, now that you mention it, F makes a little more sense. Reading his recent blogs and such he's gone totally nutso-Fe...maybe he's an ENFJ that took a really really long time to grow up? He would need some serious charisma to convince club owners to book his band early in their career, being that his live vocals were so bad and all. I still can't really see P for him, though, because it takes a serious control freak to overdub virtually every guitar and bass part on the records, virtually eliminating Iha and D'arcy from the band's recorded output (except in rare cases.) Rivers Cuomo did this exact same thing to Jason Cropper/Brian Bell during the "Blue Album" sessions--according to Ric Ocasek, who produced it, 100% of the guitars on that record are Cuomo.
    Sounds reasonable - I wasn't sure about P/J so let's call Corgan a J. He seems more E than I so that would give us ENFJ? For a further glimpse, check out this clip I posted in the INFP music thread: [youtube="S88PcGqfYo4&NR=1"]Snyder Interview with Corgan[/youtube] Sorry for the audio - it's delayed a bit. He seems very communicative emotionally, you can see it in his eyes, his expression, and his smile.

Where he talks about "our natures were kind of diametrically opposed" and how he "sensed" D'Arcy's nature when they met, this seems very NF.

"I'm right, she hasn't realized she's wrong." Though he's joking, this seems J.

Also, listen to the section starting at 6:20 - he talks about the Beatles and idealism and a "new consciousness." He also talks about idealism and how you can't necessarily exist in that idealism in our culture. Seems kind of almost 4w3-ish? He seems focused on identity, the past, and beauty. I don't know, just putting that out there...

On another note, Beth Gibbons: what is her type?

P.s. - nice tune Thursday.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Beck always seems Ni to me.

Hendrix seems INFP... sometimes I think ISFP but the more I listen to interviews and stuff the more he definitely seems to be N.
    I always wanted to type him ISFP, because something tells me he has some strong Se in those fingers.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.