User Tag List

First 2230313233 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

seems obvious now, but jonsi/billy corgan jr = enfj, what with that billy corgan face and jens lekman haircut. and sigur ros couldn't be more dominant Fe. it all makes sense!

MBTI
    INFJ

I wonder what type Morrissey is. Any thoughts?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Avey Tare & Panda Bear from Animal Collective (AT definitely, PB probably), Andre 3000 from Outkast

(edit..)

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    Andre however is definitely a ISFP. The 7 in me makes me gravitate to hip-hop, 60s rock, funk and hippie like.
    I disagree about 'definitely' at least... but I can see ISFP too. A lot of ISFP & INFP art is really similar.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Mostly good, from what I've heard about the various people on the list.

Billy Corgan is ENTJ, though (2nd guess possibly INTJ.) F and P for him are both ridiculous. Talk to anyone who's been on tour or in the studio with him.
    ENTJ for Corgan? No way. He's very much a J, but I'd go with INFJ. If you watch interviews with him, he has this sort of softspokeness and shyness about him, sort of like someone who has been forced to develop a certain level of social expertise due to his position as the band's main figurehead. Everything I've ever read and watch about the Smashing Pumpkins paints Corgan as a very emotionally intense songwriter, I mean, just look at half the songs on Gish/Siamese Dream, a few specific songs on Mellon Collie, and the entirety of the Adore album. In interviews, when he describes an album, he's fully aware of the centralized emotional theme behind each album, and each song has an emotional significance he's trying to convey to the audience, whether it be just pure, raw energy and rage(thinking more along the lines of the Mellon Collie sounds), or his slower love oriented songs(Gish/Siamese Dream). I mean, he's so attached to his work, despite Adore and Machina being considered critical and commercial failures, he blames the fans for not understanding his vision for the reason they were both rejected in comparison to their largely successful counterparts.

As far as the band dynamics go, I think on one hand he was extremely frustrated with the lack of efforts being matched between him and the rest of the band(he recorded the album version bass & guitar parts on Gish & Siamese Dream because he was frustrated with having to explain his vision of how he wanted it), yet he couldn't bring himself to replace/remove them due to the time he'd spent with them building a brand and a legacy, as well as his sentimental attachment to them despite how little they contributed to the end product in comparison to him. I don't think an NT, especially an ENTJ, would let those relationships potentially jeopardize the finished product, which almost happened with just about every single album they recorded. The entire history of the band sounds like some sort of weird social experiment of combining a hardcore NFJ with a bunch of SP's in a creativity based work environment.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

avey tare is enfp 7w6 sx/so. panda bear infj probably 9w1 maybe sp/sx. can't really tell about geologist. morrissey, and some will disagree, is an enfj 3w4 sx type. i used to think infj but i see 3w4 so much more than 4w5, and dom Fe. so deeply kinesthetic and performative.

MBTI
    INFJ

Morrissey an ENFJ? You're right, I don't agree. He's not an extrovert by any means.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

many 3w4s wouldn't identify with extroversion. lo and behold, the 3w4s are enfjs, entps, and estps. don't really know extrovert sx/sp types, but that would also be a wrinkle to figure out.

also, i don't know why, apart from how antisocial he seems, Fe dom would seem out of the question. it's just more focused and intense because he's obviously an sx type. plus 3w4s are interesting because you get the ones that are the perfect social performers and embody the socially popular ideal than you get the ones that want to embody the perfect anti-ideal of what is popular.

his image manipulation, control, and sculpting of an impacting performance just to me suggests more Fe dom than Ni dom. i mean, you look at an infj 4w5 sx/sp like conor oberst, not nearly as palpably there or completely present and in-the-body, just kind of thriving on the attention. he wants to, but it's more awkward and avoidant, more false starts, much more conflicted. morrissey is all in, he is completely merged with the moment, with the performance, even if he ultimately walled in in his personal life.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i know a 3w4 enfj. the extraversion is very on and off.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    avey tare is enfp 7w6 sx/so. panda bear infj probably 9w1 maybe sp/sx. can't really tell about geologist. morrissey, and some will disagree, is an enfj 3w4 sx type. i used to think infj but i see 3w4 so much more than 4w5, and dom Fe. so deeply kinesthetic and performative.
    I can see INFJ 3w4 for him. I really think he is an introvert. He's the kind to disappear from family, friends, managers, for months on end without notice. I don't think it's just shyness that makes him avoid people, not as an adult.

I think INFJs can be 3s (pretty sure my bf is INFJ 3w4 also. It's kind of how ENFP 4s can seem like INFPs, because 4 is associated with introversion.), they'd just be more clearly Fe-aux than stuck in some Ni-Ti loop like many INFJ e5s can appear to be. They're not the INFJs you'd confuse with NTs, just as Morrissey is clearly NF & not NT-ish at all.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I can see INFJ 3w4 for him. I really think he is an introvert. He's the kind to disappear from family, friends, managers, for months on end without notice. I don't think it's just shyness that makes him avoid people, not as an adult.

I think INFJs can be 3s (pretty sure my bf is INFJ 3w4 also. It's kind of how ENFP 4s can seem like INFPs, because 4 is associated with introversion.), they'd just be more clearly Fe-aux than stuck in some Ni-Ti loop like many INFJ e5s can appear to be. They're not the INFJs you'd confuse with NTs, just as Morrissey is clearly NF & not NT-ish at all.
    no, morrissey is not nt-ish. he's very F. F enough to be Fe dom in my mind. enough that separates him from any other person i would type infj regardless of 9w1, 4w5, 5w4. maybe an argument could be made for infj 3w4s, but it seems to run counter to any notion of e3 that makes sense to me. this is my thinking at least. i guess it depends if you focus primarily on the definition of introvert as a person who enjoys solitude, or if you focus on a specific cognitive function in the context of many other aspects of personality.