First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    as stated elsewhere, bill oldham- going with isfp. confederate horses charging, whiskey soaked, etc. he doesn't seem very directive, either.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... what?

surely you have input as to yo la tengo, candylandjoe? or are they a little too staring-at-my-shuffling-feet for you?
    I like the stuff the bassist has done under the name Dump. His lyrics are very simple, honest, naive-sounding, on and on and on. He's got to be infp, so I wouldn't bet against the rest of the band being the same. The only Yo La Tengo album I own is Painful, which comes across as an emotionally impressionistic album, one man in the back of his nice house, sprawled out in a backyard jacuzzi with his eyes slathered on the night sky sky, in a totally out-of-his-mind, how-could-have-this-just-have-happened melancholic state, hoping the stars would reconvene and hadouken the planet to make it end.

i want to know more about your guesses for jesus and mary chain and also galaxie 500.

finally, why do you feel like will shef is an infj? i saw them right around the time the stages names came out, mainly with black sheep boy and some down the river of golden dreams material. i can see either inf type.
    One of the descriptions of the j & mc that are passed around are Velvet Underground with Beach Boys harmonies. Apart from exhibiting the verbal and physical nuances that I've typically seen in infps, it's my educated guess that--with a pair that are as detached as those two but just as obsessed with melody as shattering eardrums--they do belong to the type.

Galaxie 500 I don't know much about.

And Shef was wild guess of mine. Black Sheep Boy. Written by an infp (Tim Hardin), covered by another (Scott Walker), and possibly covered by another?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    One of the descriptions of the j & mc that are passed around are Velvet Underground with Beach Boys harmonies. Apart from exhibiting the verbal and physical nuances that I've typically seen in infps, it's my educated guess that--with a pair that are as detached as those two but just as obsessed with melody as shattering eardrums--they do belong to the type.
    William is the main songwriter though....you think both the bros are INFPs? I definitely see William as an unhealthy INFP. He's a bit of a creep though honestly...really grabby with female fans :eek:
    I don't know if it's very INFP to be so pervy
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    William is the main songwriter though....you think both the bros are INFPs? I definitely see William as an unhealthy INFP. He's a bit of a creep though honestly...really grabby with female fans :eek:
    I don't know if it's very INFP to be so pervy
    I don't think or know anything, honestly. Link a video so we know we're talking about the same thing!

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

I just read the first page, so sorry if I repeat, but I think that Bob Dylan and Michael Jackson are INFPs, not ISFPs.

and Fiona Apple seems like an INFP to me.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

what then are your perceptions of the difference between isfp and infp? why do you think what you think? the difference between an isfp and an infp in terms of intuitive development is auxilary Ne vs tertiary Ni. bob dylan seems more concrete imagery and coherent narrative than most infp songwriters i know. fiona apple i can see as an infp pretty easily, she runs deeper and murkier below the surface than say a kirsten dunst. less expressed. michael jackson seems so Se to me, i'm curious as to why you'd disagree.

joe, i'm thinking the dude-bassist is infp, yes, obviously yes, the whole heart-swelling feeling in all their songs. and she might be too, she sings the song nowhere near on painful, but i want to guess she's an intj. i'll check out dump, tho.

i'm starting to think modernist literature is by nature infp. an exploration of subjectivity/values/felationships/feeling-tones/affective gestures/ephemeral graces etc to its furthest ends. and maybe dreampop/shoegaze is by nature infp music? i keep listening to mbv and galaxie 500 and radio dept lately.

also, yeah, i'm feeling nick drake as an infp more today than an isfp. he makes me think too much of lilies and lutes and sonnets to orpheus.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I don't think or know anything, honestly. Link a video so we know we're talking about the same thing!

Okay, I think maybe they both are INFPs afterall.

YouTube - JAMC Interview, New Zealand 87

YouTube - Jim and William Reid on Morrissey (Jesus and Mary chain)
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Not sure if it's been discussed, but move Thom Yorke to INFJ! Seriously.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Not sure if it's been discussed, but move Thom Yorke to INFJ! Seriously.
    Seconded! I was a bum bum to have him elsewhere for so long. It took Jonny = Yao to see that Delta connection really form in my mind.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

We need more ENFJ's on the list. I'm thinking Alanis Morissette is one, although I don't have a whole lot to back that up other than thinking the lyrics and her vibe are ENFJ-ish. What do others think?

Dar Williams is probably an ENFx too. I'm guessing ENFP. Two contrasting video/professional examples, then informal chit-chatting with performance (more informal gig), then an interview.

YouTube - Dar Williams - "As Cool As I Am"
    YouTube - Dar Williams - After All
    YouTube - Dar Williams Are you out there? Birmingham UK
    YouTube - WNRN - Dar Williams Interview, Part 2 (2008)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Also, Anthony Kiedis needs to move to ENFP, promptly. Maybe even ESFP; have you read his autobiography? INFJ is completely out of the question.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?