First 2345 Last

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    About to be murdered: my INFP boyfriend.

We had a time set up at noon. He was 1 and a half hours late. He knew I would be mad (and yes, 1 and a half hours = very, very unhappy Kangirl) so he just hid from me all day and is now sending me Blackberries along the lines of "don't be mad" and "don't shout at me". No apologies, though. Sometimes I think this guy will melt a la the Wicked Witch if he utters the word "sorry", ever.

Is this an INFP thing? Why can't he just own up to being a dick and say sorry? It would go a long way to assuaging my anger at his timekeeping. He just makes it worse acting like a damned weasel.

*sharpens kitchen knives*
    that guy is a spineless whimp.
    you must tell him so.
    you know the saying: tell the truth and shame the devil

Just be careful that he does not kill you.
    Stress usually brings out the worst side of NFs to the light.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Stress usually brings out the worst side of NFs to the light.
    yeah, i was once a target of such an outburst, not pleasant.

#to the OP:
    You should tone down, the solution to your problem is simple, the matter just requires a surpression of your angry nature. Appeal to his Fi, try to make him value time punctuality and make him respect your Te values, confront him about the effects of delay. It should give him a thinker. Just remember to remain calm and give the attempt enough neutral ground.
    Last edited by ColonelGadaafi; 03-11-2009 at 06:15 AM.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Man, I make my ENTJ roomate angry because I am ALWAYS late for shit. However, I have learned to try and be more punctual with her and she has learned to wait for a while for me.

An hour and a half, though!? The only time I was even close to an hour and a half late for something with her was because I got trapped underground on a train for an hour.

MBTI
    ENTJ

He knows this would result in, at the very least, his serious maiming. I am confident he won't kill me.

You should calm tone down, the solution to your problem is simple, the matter just requires a surpression of your angry nature. Appeal to his Fi, try to make him value time punctuality and make him respect your Te values, confront him about the effects of delay. It should give him a thinker. Just remember to remain calm and give a the attempt enough neutral ground.
    OK. Alright. Fine. But do you think I haven't tried this? I've been with this guy for 5 years. I feel like I've tried *everything*. If I confront him about the effects of his lateness, even in an even tone of voice, he loses it. I mean, am I giving the impression that I am the emotionally volatile one in the relationship? I'm not. Yes, I get angry at times. But this guy - I have seriously never met someone who takes every damn thing as personally as my boyfriend. At times it is virtually impossible to discuss anything with him, regardless of tone, word choice, circumstances of the conversation etc. - he will often shut right down. What I most often hear is "you're attacking me and I'm not having it" - then he walks out of the room. And he will respond this way even if I do my very best to say something neutral like "I felt pretty hurt waiting in that cafe for you today for an hour and a half, I wish we could figure out some way to work this out and not have it turn into a fight."

I HATE fighting. And some part of me thinks he almost needs it - it seems like he just tries to ignore problems until they burst out in a big messy blast of yelling and recriminations. I can often predict when he's going to lose it because he hasn't lost it for awhile and I know it's got to be coming.

Sorry, this is an admitted sore spot. Just because I'm an ENTJ doesn't mean I spend my days screaming at him and beating him with kitchen implements. I try SO DAMNED HARD to be patient with him, and it is very painful for me sometimes to think that all my patience sometimes seems to have been for naught.

Ugh.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's all your fault Kangirl!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Urge to kill Blackcat...

...rising

...RISING!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

On a less trolling tone, do like I told ya to and talk with him. Every. Time. He. Does. It.

If you talk to him about it every time then SOMETHING is bound to click in his mind.

Also respond to my user messages! Woman! Pfft.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I HAVE tried talking to him. 1 bazillion million kajillion trillion times.

And is he still chronically late?

YES!!!

Blackcat, I don't know what to say to the user messages. It was a total compliment. You seem emotionally open and smart to me - hence the word "astute". It's all good, cat-lover.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

To that then. I can go and assume you've done everything to try and prevent this, brides and whatnot. Chronic lateness is odd... I wonder how it comes to manifest.

And okay to the user message complement.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.